It is currently September 30th, 2024, 7:29 am

T750 - 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 PostPosted: September 6th, 2012, 9:24 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
AND YES YOU CAN TOW 2 TRAILERS WITH ONE VEHICLE. Scott Whittington did it several times.

Just been advised by Craig Fraser that Scott was stopped and told he could not pull 2 trailers.
Thanks for the update.

From the MTO site

Towing More Than One Vehicle
Cars, passenger vans and SUVs are not permitted to tow more than one trailer or one vehicle. Motor homes, trucks, pickup trucks and truck campers are legally permitted to tow two trailers or a trailer and a motor vehicle behind a trailer. However, a three vehicle combination that is swaying excessively, is unstable or has reduced handling capabilities is subject to action by the police as an unsafe combination of vehicles under the Highway Traffic Act.

The maximum length of any combination of vehicles is 23 m (75' 6").

I guess the yound lad better kiss up to his mother to drag his boat to the races! lol

My plan when I bought the vking was to have both boats at the races to have a little more action! I would be more enthusiastic about driving a few hours to a race knowing I'd be on the water a little more than running one boat! If I can get this multi boat towing nailed down I might get a little more serious about putting the small foot on the voodoo and getting the motor to it's peak!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 7th, 2012, 8:35 am   
Team Member

My plan when I bought the vking was to have both boats at the races to have a little more action! I would be more enthusiastic about driving a few hours to a race knowing I'd be on the water a little more than running one boat! If I can get this multi boat towing nailed down I might get a little more serious about putting the small foot on the voodoo and getting the motor to it's peak![/quote]

A double deck trailer is an option. I have seen some smart ones. On one they used a aluminum boat lift bolted to a large trailer. The top boat was on a dolly style trailer. At the race site each boat had its own trailer. You likely can fit 2 boats in an inclosed trailer. Others use an old truck. They remove the box and make a platform for the small boat to sit. The one I liked the best was a converted motor home. The smaller boat when inside the motorhome, At the races they used the motorhouse to live in.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2012, 10:47 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
My plan when I bought the vking was to have both boats at the races to have a little more action! I would be more enthusiastic about driving a few hours to a race knowing I'd be on the water a little more than running one boat! If I can get this multi boat towing nailed down I might get a little more serious about putting the small foot on the voodoo and getting the motor to it's peak!

A double deck trailer is an option. I have seen some smart ones. On one they used a aluminum boat lift bolted to a large trailer. The top boat was on a dolly style trailer. At the race site each boat had its own trailer. You likely can fit 2 boats in an inclosed trailer. Others use an old truck. They remove the box and make a platform for the small boat to sit. The one I liked the best was a converted motor home. The smaller boat when inside the motorhome, At the races they used the motorhouse to live in.[/quote]

I hear that guy selling the Aquarius inflatables just had a 2 up trailer built, im sure if anyone wants to have a look he would be more than happy to answer any questions. :D

http://thundercatracingna.com/

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 7th, 2012, 3:57 pm   
Team Member

if the first trailer is a fifth wheel hitch to the truck it is legal in ontario...so you just have to convert one of your boat trailer to fifth wheel. the other alternative is a single trailer long enough to put both trailers on top.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2012, 5:31 pm   
Team Member

I like the idea of the boat lift mounted on the trailer,just run the small trailer on the lift and get her up out of the way! It would be best to have it detach from the trailer with some jackstands to drive the road trailer out from under it,or you'd have to remove the lower boat when you got home to unload the top boat!
I'll think about that one !nice idea!of course I'd have to make the road trailer a tandem,they look cool ,but a pita to handbomb around!

PostPosted: September 20th, 2012, 9:32 pm   
Team Member

SHIVERS wrote:
I like the idea of the boat lift mounted on the trailer,just run the small trailer on the lift and get her up out of the way! It would be best to have it detach from the trailer with some jackstands to drive the road trailer out from under it,or you'd have to remove the lower boat when you got home to unload the top boat!
I'll think about that one !nice idea!of course I'd have to make the road trailer a tandem,they look cool ,but a pita to handbomb around!

There you go. Bolt the lift under the trailer, attach the cables to the trailer your lifting.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z400308058

PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 12:31 pm   
Team Member

Have we figured out multiple boat towing yet? LC... My Brother Mike might be able to help you bring another T Boat to the races. I'm sure somebody will help you out with this when the time comes. Just remember, you can nogotiate with props!! :mrgreen:

Now... Who is planning on running??
1) Myself Allison/OMC
2) Jen(Jake's GF) - Delta/OMC
3) Jeremy(Tunnelv) Delta/OMC
4) Paul(LittleCharger's son) Delta/OMC
5) Any others known for sure??

And... If we only have 3 boats at any given event, will be able to run our separate heat, or is that one of those special HYDROS ONLY rules??! ;) :D

PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 1:27 pm   
Team Member

Now... Who is planning on running??
1) Myself Allison/OMC
2) STEF(Jake's GF) - Delta/OMC
3) Jeremy(Tunnelv) Delta/OMC
4) Paul(LittleCharger's son) Delta/OMC
5) Dave Whittington
6] Ryley [he can run one of ours]
[7] Jim Whittington if we are short
Plus at Least one GT30 boat

PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 1:36 pm   
Team Member

WalkWithMax wrote:

And... If we only have 3 boats at any given event, will be able to run our separate heat, or is that one of those special HYDROS ONLY rules??! ;) :D

Even with the smilie faces... what brought that comment on? Has there been an incident where the hydro's can do something the T's cant?

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 2:52 pm   
Team Member

Andrew4ce wrote:
WalkWithMax wrote:

Even with the smilie faces... what brought that comment on? Has there been an incident where the hydro's can do something the T's cant?

Well, pretty sure the 750 guys always get lumped into the 850 heats because there aren't many of 'em.

Meanwhile, there are 3 boat heats of ASH or 25SSH running. Granted, hydro classes have a bigger speed differential so they're difficult to combine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next