It is currently September 28th, 2024, 7:31 pm

Charger 19 STV Pickle Fork

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 10:21 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

What version does VW have? There's quite a few of these boats around isn't there?

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 11:36 pm   

VW? I couldn't tell you - Boomers is the only one ive seem and herd of searching through old threads and doing research. I could be wrong. Be pretty awesome if it was just two of a kind.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:18 am   
TORC VP

DoktorC wrote:
What version does VW have? There's quite a few of these boats around isn't there?

VW's boat is a 2000ish... Charger STV with sprint bottom. The sprint bottom can get be nasty of you come out the throttle to hard. Don't buy it if it has the drag bottom....

My vote if you want an STV is to buy a real one. Why does it have to be new?

PostPosted: October 10th, 2014, 9:47 am   

Himagain wrote:
DoktorC wrote:

VW's boat is a 2000ish... Charger STV with sprint bottom. The sprint bottom can get be nasty of you come out the throttle to hard. Don't buy it if it has the drag bottom....

My vote if you want an STV is to buy a real one. Why does it have to be new?

Ah yes - a closed deck charger STV sprint. The boat I'm building is a real STV is just an old pro comp design from what I researched. The mold is an original summerford design that Charger acquired... It's just not the latest design bottom like the popular ski. I want a new rig so everything is built the way I want. My specs, colour, interior etc etc. Price is a factor and I haven't found an affordable used STV I like. Everything complete for 10k (18k with power) is a good price for what I want to accomplish. A fun weekend toy. Im not looking to break speed records and I'm more than happy playing around under 100mph. Paying upwards of 30k is out of my league.

I've got nothing but positive feed back from boomer on the one he just had restored so I've gone head with this project. After a few seasons I might try something different.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2014, 1:40 pm   
TORC VP

Good Luck with it...... Yes it is the old low deck pro comp mold from summerford with a sprint bottom. There is a reason they were sold. The Canadian build Charger STVs dont' have a great history..... you mentioned boomers boat.... keep in mind how new that boat is and the work that just went into it. I understand that you are after an afordable brand new turn key rig, but I honestly believe you pay for what you get.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2014, 8:08 pm   

Himagain wrote:
Good Luck with it...... Yes it is the old low deck pro comp mold from summerford with a sprint bottom. There is a reason they were sold. The Canadian build Charger STVs dont' have a great history..... you mentioned boomers boat.... keep in mind how new that boat is and the work that just went into it. I understand that you are after an afordable brand new turn key rig, but I honestly believe you pay for what you get.

i would drive a drag bottom.... james cole had a drag bottom he ran 114..... didnt die.. i think these boats are great, may not be a rocket but at 1/3 of the cost you cant complain.. try comparing it too a needle nose stv, not a ftp or triad boat and i think you will find them to be pretty well priced.

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: October 10th, 2014, 8:14 pm   

ATAZ wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
id say go for the 19 sprint bottom, i just got mine back from ray he did a great job restoring mine..

Looks like we'll be the only two guys in North America with these Canadian built rockets! When are you finishing yours?

rounding up some stuff over the winter and ill finnish it in the spring,, for now im just driving it as is.. fuk it :lol:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: October 21st, 2014, 11:53 am   

Another alternative to consider would be just to buy an older mint Charger STV, they have a great tunnel hull design cable of running high 90's low 100's depending how you rid it up and what motor, plus you have somewhat decent resale value. I went from a original 18 Charger DL with 225 fitch on the back ran great, drove a charger stv for a little bit, had a faster top speed (by far) but the dl was better with turn and acceleration. I know a guy whose selling a red original charger STV with everything but motor. Give me a PM if ur interested.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2014, 11:55 am   

Plus if you want that new boat feel, google Tempest Boats and he can re due your interior for 1200

PostPosted: October 21st, 2014, 2:28 pm   

I'm not into the closed deck charger STV's - identical hull but I'm after the pro comp deck. Ray does great interior vinyl work. I just sold a DL. Awesome boats

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next