It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:25 am

Help get Team Canada to the Worlds!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 25th, 2013, 11:10 am   
Team Member

As announced at the CBF/TORC meetings on the weekend, myself Andrew Fralick and my brother Graham Fralick have been invited to represent Canada at the ThunderCat World Championships in Cornwall UK this October 4-13.

This will be the first time a Canadian team (and we believe any team from North America) has competed in the UIM World Championships. Truly an amazing opportunity... But we need your help to get there! It's a costly trip.

Those that know me, know I rarely ask for anything that does not benifit the racing community as a whole (we've volunteered over 6,000 hours to boat racing in Canada, that's 800 working days). I'm normally not in it for personal gain, but for the greater good. But in this case, it simply is not possible without your support. To help out, we've setup a GoFundMe.com account... So any amount of donation can be made quickly and easily and would be greatly appreciated.

Donate any amount here:
http://www.gofundme.com/24quk0

All donors will be listed on our website (unless requested not to) and any donations over $200 will be considered a Sponsor with logo placement on our boat, engine or team apparel. In total it will cost us about $10,000-$15,000 to attend depending on how much gear we take with us vs rent/buy/hire in the UK. But we figure if we can raise about half the money, we can make the rest happen.

Teams will compete in 3 areas, Surf Cross (a track in the crashing surf), Circuit Racing (racing like we do here), and Longhaul Marathon (100 km run along the south coast of England). It will be a grueling week for sure. But a rewarding one competing with and meeting people from around the world.

We also hope representing Canada and all of North America at this event, that it will get some more exposure to the sport locally as we promote it and attract new racers to it in Canada and the nearby USA.

We'll have our ThunderCat at the races and many events and displays throughout Ontario pumping up the Worlds and Canada's involvment... waving the flags, banners, liturature, and names of our supports all along the way.

Thanks all! And wish us luck!

Andrew and Graham
Team Canada

For those who do not know ThunderCat racing... here is a link to nice little video made by the lead team in South Africa. We use the same Aquarius hull made in South Africa and available in Canada from http://www.HighCommandDistributing.com

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mogPq9MhHzU

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: March 14th, 2013, 11:12 am   
Team Member

I would like to welcome Amsoil and Performance Oil Ltd to the Team! They will be providing the oil and lubricants for the team while we are in the UK.

www.Amsoil.com

www.performanceoilsltd.co.uk

We've used Amsoil for 30 years in all our vehicles and race engines... great stuff. We trust it at the World Championships.

Help us get the word out about our racing and going to the Worlds! Like and Share our Facebook page.

Facebook:
www.facebook.com/FralickRacing

Also Graham has setup a Twitter feed... I have no idea how that works, but if you do, look us up on there too, haha... he says you need to know this: @FralickRacing

The Teams website will be online soon with info on our racing, listing sponsors/supporters, allowing online donations and live feeds from twitter.

Profile Send private message WWW