It is currently October 6th, 2024, 3:19 am

This is a cool video ...... Eh RICK !

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 8:13 pm   
Nightmare #2

In the end. Totally possible, if it is made driveable. HP vs. Weight vs. Jesus. AGREED??

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 8:39 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

DoktorC wrote:
3bilgepumps wrote:
OneCycle wrote:

Mitchie what do you know about cases anyway ? a bigger case is better on a bigger boat? now your back tracking a previous statement....

I would like this explained as well. this doesnt make any sense to me. Would drag not be drag? equally as inefficient on any sized boat? Comparing a Hydrostream hull and a V21. Either boat wouldnt have much in the water other than the business end...

The bigger longer boat won't be as apt to try and plane on the gearcase...less likely to have negative handling characteristics due to the size of the case. Like big wide tires on your diesel are ok in the snow but throw them on the civic and watch out. Neither is ideal on the boat but one handles it better. One other BIG difference is that we both run 15" mids...way less drag and pendulum action. We also have big fat pads to carry the big fat motor and to help drivability.

Jo you are exactly right as far as the limitations go...it might be tough to overcome the aero and hydrodynamic drag of the big motor on the tiny boat and keep it drivable. I'm sure it's not impossible but you don't see many (or any) 20" big block vector/Vkings breaking 100...that's not to say you can't or shouldn't try....my point (originally) was that there's a reasonable formula to get these boats to go fast so why not follow that. It's usually me that wants to go fast the hard way lol.

the gear case isnt going to TRY and plane.... it Will plane then gain speed.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 8:50 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

3bilgepumps wrote:
In the end. Totally possible, if it is made driveable. HP vs. Weight vs. Jesus. AGREED??

Plausible....

It's possible but unlikely....what is more likely is that you'll go swimming...again....

OneCycle wrote:

the gear case isnt going to TRY and plane.... it Will plane then gain speed.

Kinda makes you wonder why we all bother with the boats at all...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 8:51 pm   
Team Member

3bilgepumps wrote:
jamescole being the new mayor of long island should agree with me on these straight as an arrow mythbusting facts

I knew it! Mayor McCheese! My favorite McDonald Land character! Time to change your internet handle :lol:

Oh and hey - nothing wrong with JC 3bp. :) and the other JC, Jamescole, is OK too. :)

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 9:18 pm   
Team Member

So I haven't read this whole thing but the bigger case is a challenge to get going fast with such a small boat. It's a smaller 18' boat then most. The nose doesn't really help much. The thing is to balance the boat fore-aft ..... battery , fuel cell etc. . run a lightweight screw-jack style hydrodynamics manual jack ( 4" ). If it were me I'd run a Jazz plastic fuel cell right behind the drivers seat and an Odessy battery on the port side directly against the fuel cell.
Get a good nose cone installed on it with as little rise from cone tip to bottom planing surface.
Run a low rake round ear or have one cut like a chopper II and have the rake cut from it.
Sounds like a fun challenge but it will be a narrow window of conditions type of boat to run.

On my V-King it was as light as possible for the cash I had with stock type mid. . .

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 9:57 pm   
Nightmare #2

DoktorC wrote:
3bilgepumps wrote:

Plausible....

It's possible but unlikely....what is more likely is that you'll go swimming...again....

That is just negative

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 9:59 pm   
Team Member

3bilgepumps wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
3bilgepumps wrote:

Plausible....

That is just negative

I don't always know why... But I always know what... Sheesh.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 9:59 pm   
Team Member

Jeff Yammer wrote:
So I haven't read this whole thing but the bigger case is a challenge to get going fast with such a small boat. It's a smaller 18' boat then most. The nose doesn't really help much. The thing is to balance the boat fore-aft ..... battery , fuel cell etc. . run a lightweight screw-jack style hydrodynamics manual jack ( 4" ). If it were me I'd run a Jazz plastic fuel cell right behind the drivers seat and an Odessy battery on the port side directly against the fuel cell.
Get a good nose cone installed on it with as little rise from cone tip to bottom planing surface.
Run a low rake round ear or have one cut like a chopper II and have the rake cut from it.
Sounds like a fun challenge but it will be a narrow window of conditions type of boat to run.

On my V-King it was as light as possible for the cash I had with stock type mid. . .

Jeff... Where ya been?

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 10:22 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

3bilgepumps wrote:

That is just negative

Actually I'm quite positive about it.... :mrgreen:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 7th, 2013, 10:30 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
3bilgepumps wrote:

That is just negative

Actually I'm quite positive about it.... :mrgreen:

Now that was funny! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next