It is currently September 30th, 2024, 9:28 am

T750 - 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: January 27th, 2013, 10:00 pm   
Team Member

Ryley, just got a VooDoo with an SST 60 long shaft nitro case. He also got a small carb 49. Maybe we can talk him into running the 49. We have always wanted to try that combination because there are lots of them in cottage country. We have not been able to get them out to race. It should be competitive in T750. The family that Erik is talking about has a Delta with a short shaft 65 hp Mercury. That is another popular combination we have wanted to race. The boat runs 55 mph. We just need an ETEC and a 4 stroke to complete the field.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 10:33 am   
Team Member

I think a small carb'd 49 with 150-160lbs of compression on a voodoo would be too fast for the 750 class, I would think that setup would run 60mph all day long and would dominate the class. On the lake, our delta with the OMC 45 cu was a 53 mph boat, on the race course it could run any where from 58 to just shy of 60's sometimes and the only reason it could hit the higher number on the race course was because of the rough water conditions separated the boat from the water, no matter what we did you could not come close to those number if the conditions were calm as the motor just didn't have the power to really break the boat loose like a t850 boat. The set up you are talking about would have the power and the speed regardless of the water conditions. Given that Ryley is also an experienced driver I think he would dominate the class. I could see the motor on a bigger heavier boat (checkmate, sidewinder) and then it would be competitive but not on a 13 ft boat. Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 10:40 am   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
The Allison killer is progressing nicely! :lol:

How's project progressing,...applied the porcelain?
Looks just right as a bidet. Stay true to the brand, Delta Faucets chrome plated, hands free, auto-flush, with rinse and scour a nice finishing touch: http://www.deltafaucet.ca/commercial.html.
Will finally make your campsite popular, after morning coffee.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 11:00 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

LittleCharger wrote:
I think a small carb'd 49 with 150-160lbs of compression on a voodoo would be too fast for the 750 class, I would think that setup would run 60mph all day long and would dominate the class. On the lake, our delta with the OMC 45 cu was a 53 mph boat, on the race course it could run any where from 58 to just shy of 60's sometimes and the only reason it could hit the higher number on the race course was because of the rough water conditions separated the boat from the water, no matter what we did you could not come close to those number if the conditions were calm as the motor just didn't have the power to really break the boat loose like a t850 boat. The set up you are talking about would have the power and the speed regardless of the water conditions. Given that Ryley is also an experienced driver I think he would dominate the class. I could see the motor on a bigger heavier boat (checkmate, sidewinder) and then it would be competitive but not on a 13 ft boat. Just my thoughts.

A voodoo with an 850cc motor in t750...that should be fine. I'll run it too...give R-dog some competition..... :roll:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 11:02 am   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:

I drive an Alliston boat so I'm obviously not worried about any competitor!! :D , But seriously, this is a good point for sure. If the boat had a 2cyl OMC, then no problem! ... I even have a 2cyl long shaft mid that he could have if he wanted to go that way. I think it is a good idea to keep speeds at 55mph max. 60 and above is T850 territory...

Riley's boat sounds like Tyler Cuthbert's setup??

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 11:25 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
LittleCharger wrote:
The Allison killer is progressing nicely! :lol:

How's project progressing,...applied the porcelain?
Looks just right as a bidet. Stay true to the brand, Delta Faucets chrome plated, hands free, auto-flush, with rinse and scour a nice finishing touch: http://www.deltafaucet.ca/commercial.html.
Will finally make your campsite popular, after morning coffee.

It's all ready for you to come by and dangle your peanuts...I've installed an extra option for special guests like you.

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index ... R-I5242162 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 12:13 pm   
Team Member

[quote="WalkWithMax.. I even have a 2cyl long shaft mid that he could have if he wanted to go that way. I think it is a good idea to keep speeds at 55mph max. 60 and above is T850 territory...

Riley's boat sounds like Tyler Cuthbert's setup??[/quote]

It is Tyler's boat. Remember Ryley has both a large foot and a nitro foot. We can slow it down if he or any other 49 is running. We need to get some more cottage boats racing. Checkmates, Kennedy's etc. The speed has to be in the 55 mph range to run with the T750. Also remember it runs at 725 lbs the T850 weight.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 12:36 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
[quote="WalkWithMax.. I even have a 2cyl long shaft mid that he could have if he wanted to go that way. I think it is a good idea to keep speeds at 55mph max. 60 and above is T850 territory...

Riley's boat sounds like Tyler Cuthbert's setup??

It is Tyler's boat. Remember Ryley has both a large foot and a nitro foot. We can slow it down if he or any other 49 is running. We need to get some more cottage boats racing. Checkmates, Kennedy's etc. The speed has to be in the 55 mph range to run with the T750. Also remember it runs at 725 lbs the T850 weight.[/quote]

I don't know if you need to tailor the rules to the boats anymore...there seems to be enough interest that you don't need to let 850 boats run in 750. If you have to work to slow the boat down than it doesn't belong in 750. Riley in particular has enough motors passing through his hands that a legit 750 motor wouldn't be a big deal to get anyways and the fact that he's experienced gives him an advantage over most of the guys who would run that class. If you get a cottage boat that shows up....sure throw them in a class and see where they fit but we shouldn't promote as an anything goes class. That's what C stock hydro is for :mrgreen:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 1:01 pm   
Team Member

DOC I hope your correct. It we have the T750 boat count there MAY NOT be any T850's running with the T750's. It will all depend on the number of T boats that show up to race and just as important the way TORC wants to run T class at that race. TORC may run heats of T850 or they may split the T groups and T750 will run with some T850 boats same as LC faced in 2011. I would like to be in the position were T750 guys can choose the T850 boats they want to race if some T850's are slotted in their group. IF only 4 T750's show and 14 T850's, then I will be difficult to get a separate T750 heat.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 1:25 pm   
Team Member

This list gives you an idea as to the boats that will race.
T850
[1] Gig
[2] LC
[3] Jake E
[4] Dave E
[5] Craig F
[6] Zonka
[7] Doc
[8] Hydroid
[9] Mike C
[10] Todd
[11] Hydroid Junior
[12] Kevin
[13] Jason
[14] Steve
[15] Chris
Plus 4 to 6 maybes

T750
[1] Dave M
[2] Jim W
[3] Dave W
[4] Tunnelly
[5] Steff
[6] LC
Plus 3 to 5 maybes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next