It is currently September 30th, 2024, 9:23 am

T850 Engine Rule "SUGGESTIONS" for 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 1:36 pm   
Team Member

Here is the current rule for fuel.

Fuel
19-B-3 (508.06) – Additives
Only lubricating oil for two stroke engines may be added to fuel. The use of any other additives is prohibited to either the fuel (carburant) or the air intake (carburant)

19-B-4 (508.08) – Random Testing Of Competitors’ Fuel
1. Fuel samples taken at random from competitors during the event will be tested at the race venue, and may also be chemically analyzed afterwards in the laboratory. The organizer must seal the sample of the fuel in a fuel approved can.
2. The entire installed fuel system may be dismantled, removed from the boat and inspected.
3. Gasoline supplied by an organizer will be tested at the start of an event to establish its test device value.
4. In the event that the organizer does not supply fuel and the competitors bring their own, each competitor’s fuel will be checked. This will be part of the pre-race fuel test.
5. At an event where the competitor’s fuel is used, it will be the competitor’s responsibility to ensure that at least one liter of neat gasoline is always available for sealing as a sample.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 1:47 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I don't see anything regarding octane levels or "pump gas" requirement......C12 or C14 both pass the dip test.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 2:01 pm   
Team Member

SHIVERS wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
The T850 group has to decide if they want the class to be MOD or not. Partially MOD doesn't work. There are too many grey areas in a partially mod rule book and the rules are difficult or impossible to enforce. Stock Outboard currently has MOD Classes, so the SO members and executive of CBF would likely except MOD easier. You don't have to go into all the different tech specs in your proposal. Your just changing the class to Mod. T850 wants to reduce or eliminate tech inspections. MOD will do that. Safety inspection, weight limits and fuel test [maybe on site supplied fuel] that is it.

Now will these changes increase or reduce the membership in T850? Time will tell.
I would think that guys who don't want to run a modded engine would go to 750! It would be nice if the stock 56c.i. motors were allowed to run in 750 giving the class more boats![weight added to make them equal to existing 750 boats]!

Don,
I would think your Voodoo setup as is would be competitive with our 750 boats. If your motor had a nitro case, things would change! Lets see how it goes! I don't have a problem with you running a couple of heats with us at all. Everyone should race with boats that are competitive with each other.

The T850 group may have to be split into two separate groups IMO. One Stock and one Mod. We have seen some T850 boats running Low 60's and other running Low 70's. The split of this class might be a fair solution? Even If they all run together at times, the points could be scored separately?
Dave.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 2:10 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
I don't see anything regarding octane levels or "pump gas" requirement......C12 or C14 both pass the dip test.

DOC that is why I posted it. In a 2 stroke motor. Believe it or not the lower the compression of the 2 stroke motor, the lower the Octane in the fuel the better, the lower Octane results in a denser charge and the better the motor will perform. We keep repeating , but there is no PERFORMANCE advantage in running race fuel in a 160 lb compression 2 stroke. There is an advantage if your motor could run on 1 year old gas. It would be an interesting test. Test a 140lb compression head with year old gas and compare it to the 160 lb compression head running premium gas. At the races the competition smells the race fuel and thinks there is an advantage. Year old gas is a totally different smell and the competition would still be upset but likely because the smell of the old gas was making them sick!

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 2:38 pm   
Team Member

Where is the meeting located at?? Will there be any T-850 guys there? Would possibly like to come up for a long weekend. Happy New Year fellas,

Todd

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 2:47 pm   
Team Member

[quote="WalkWithMax Even If they all run together at times, the points could be scored separately?
Dave.[/quote]

Don and Dave, here is the original idea for the points when a T850 class boat or T850 boats step down to run with the T750's.
A T850 boat would not receive any T750 points when it steps down. Say we had 14 T850 boats and 6 T750 boats. The race organizers decide to run 2 groups, one group of 10 T850 boats and one group of 6 T750 boats and 4 T850 step down boats.
The six T750 boats are scored first to sixth place. The best the T850 boat can finish is 11th in T850. So the T850's are scored 11, 12, 13 & 14 in T850. Most likely it would not be the same T850 boats running in T750 each day. The 4 slowest in the T850 heats Saturday would switch with the 4 T850 boats that raced in T750 on the Saturday.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 3:01 pm   
Team Member

Prophydro wrote:
Where is the meeting located at?? Will there be any T-850 guys there? Would possibly like to come up for a long weekend. Happy New Year fellas,Todd

Todd, sent you an e-mail
Don

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 4:23 pm   
Team Member

I don't have any problem with running 850 as the boat sits, I'm not worried about points!just fun and friends! I just don't want to be in the way of a boat that can run 80 mph and I'm only running 65!, I didn't do any setup on the boat last season, I spent most of my time getting the stream together! I'm not convinced yet that the small case is the cats ass!there's still lots of speed and handling improvements I can do to it that I haven't bothered with,I just wanted to get on the coarse to get a comparison to the other boats! I didn't get a good test because of a failed trim button,but I'll be there this year much faster with no motor alterations if thats what the rules dictate! damn, it's still january

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 5:44 pm   
Team Member

SHIVERS wrote:
I don't have any problem with running 850 as the boat sits, I'm not worried about points!just fun and friends! I just don't want to be in the way of a boat that can run 80 mph and I'm only running 65!, I didn't do any setup on the boat last season, I spent most of my time getting the stream together! I'm not convinced yet that the small case is the cats ass!there's still lots of speed and handling improvements I can do to it that I haven't bothered with,I just wanted to get on the coarse to get a comparison to the other boats! I didn't get a good test because of a failed trim button,but I'll be there this year much faster with no motor alterations if thats what the rules dictate! damn, it's still january

1) Stop anguishing over the cats ass. You'll free up time to work on boats.
2) Stop anguishing over others going 80mph; misinformation.
3) Stop anguishing over ONLY running 65mph; misinformation. 62-63mph is contender with a good start, drive smart.
4) If you don't show, put your foot in it and race, you will not develop fun and friends.
5) Big thx for doing 2 days at TORC TIBS booth.
6) Damn, it's ALREADY January. 4mo til Tparty, 5 til Waterford.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 5:48 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

SHIVERS wrote:

You won't be in the way of any 80mph boats unless you wonder onto the drag course. My voodoo runs 65...I'm not too concerned about being beaten any worse than I was last year lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next