It is currently September 30th, 2024, 9:33 am

T850 Engine Rule "SUGGESTIONS" for 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 12:53 pm   
Team Member

[quote="DougwMy boat (motor) never had reverse when I purchased it. I will have to confirm with Paul @ TG why my case didn't have reverse then?[/quote]

The gears in an SST 60 gear case are the same as in a nitro case.
Here is the link to the SST 60 parts book.

http://www.seawaymarine.com/seaway/layo ... ST60_2.pdf

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 1:06 pm   
Team Member

T850 racers don't go ahead and start building your new MOD motor until their proposal has been approved by CBF. I am neutral on this proposal. I think it is important for them to go thru the process.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 1:28 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

LittleCharger wrote:
OneCycle wrote:
I THINK .... Now we all know Jamescole theory should be the rules and general regulations of todays society... but for some reason there not....

here is my version

T-850 2013 Engine Rules Change Suggestions for ALL Motors

- Any single motor combination or mixed brand combination of power head / mid / lower unit / power trim that ends up with a reasonable facsimile of a 75 HP to 150XR4 (AKA no fuking limit) HP short shaft outboard.

- Any make fully shift able OR not [with reverse] gear case, with 1.64 – 2.42:1 ratio.

- Any custom built replacement parts that are to facilitate building such engines with the intent of increasing HP, but with the intent to shorten the engines life

- Super Lightened flywheels allowed

- Super Ported behind the liner and blueprinting blocks allowed

- Finger porting allowed

- Any carb with max venture ID of whatever

- Velocity stacks allowed and Nitrous Oxide up to a 200 shot

- Any exhaust megaphone configuration, but kept within 6feet of the back of the boat. expansion chambers.

- no limit displacement power heads

lets get back to the 80's when shit was cool....

You need to focus on getting a boat to the race course! lol Your getting as bad as hook :mrgreen:

You are right. Except I have a boat and I sell my other stuff... But close..lol

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 1:56 pm   
Team Member

Question and Answer
Don, wouldn't these mods make the boats faster than you can get insurance for? I think you wanted limited speed? Looks like a Mod-U class for V bottom

Jeremy,the T racer group that is suggesting these rules are the racers that attend and support all of the races. This group is now large enough to win the vote should it be necessary to do so within the T group class. They race in T850 class and they can decide the rules under which the T850 class runs provided the rules pass at the CBF convention. Whether or not there is an increase in the insurance cost or other changes such as increased minimum weight and safety cells will be decided at the convention.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 2:06 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Question and Answer
Don, wouldn't these mods make the boats faster than you can get insurance for? I think you wanted limited speed? Looks like a Mod-U class for V bottom

Jeremy,the T racer group that is suggesting these rules are the racers that attend and support all of the races. This group is now large enough to win the vote should it be necessary to do so within the T group class. They race in T850 class and they can decide the rules under which the T850 class runs provided the rules pass at the CBF convention. Whether or not there is an increase in the insurance cost or other changes such as increased minimum weight and safety cells will be decided at the convention.

after emailing you i got thinking its probably still 160 compression anyways?

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 2:12 pm   
Team Member

[quote="tunnelv after emailing you i got thinking its probably still 160 compression anyways?[/quote]

Yes, it is still there. They are changing the wording.

160 lb compression at cranking speed with no compression reliefs. Compression relieved blocks must prove an appropriate chamber volume.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 2:47 pm   
Team Member

what is the date or deadline for rules changes! My concern is the time it leaves for getting your equipment up to date!

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 2:56 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Question and Answer

Just a reminder. Anyone with a valid 2012 Stock Outboard CBF card, owner or driver, may vote on the rule change proposals.

ANYONE with a valid 2012 Stock Outboard CBF card may also submit a rule change. It will be voted on.

So if you don't like something, be there to vote it down. If you like an idea, be there to support it. If you want to race only with gearcases that are painted red... submit the rule change. You don't need to anyones approval to submit a rule change. I'd be glad to see people other than the regulars submit changes and vote on items and help direct their sport.

Any rules changes presented to the CBF Outboard Executive at the Annual meeting will be voted on right then by the membership in attendance.

After the meeting, the rules changes that passed in the Outboard meeting, are then forwarded the top level CBF Exectuitive Board and are reviewed by them. Items viewed as safety issues or concerns are then reviewed by them and can be turned down or asked to alter them. I've only heard of this happening once. Generally they let the groups do what they want.

I have not seen a deadline issued by CBF Outboard at this point, so for now, rules changes can be written and presented to the day of the meeting.

Take part in your sport and get involved in this meeting.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 3:00 pm   
Team Member

SHIVERS wrote:
what is the date or deadline for rules changes! My concern is the time it leaves for getting your equipment up to date!

The date of the meeting will be the morning of Feb 23. Whether this is just an Outboard Meeting, or a small CBF Convention is still in discussion between TORC and CBF.

It is up to CBF Outboard Executive if they set a submission deadline prior the meeting. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Edit: I'm not speaking for CBF or TORC... this is info I've gathered from meetings and emails. TORC/CBF will announce the official info shortly I hope.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 4:02 pm   
Team Member

Andrew4ce wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
Question and Answer

Just a reminder. Anyone with a valid 2012 Stock Outboard CBF card, owner or driver, may vote on the rule change proposals.

ANYONE with a valid 2012 Stock Outboard CBF card may also submit a rule change. It will be voted on.

So if you don't like something, be there to vote it down. If you like an idea, be there to support it. If you want to race only with gearcases that are painted red... submit the rule change. You don't need to anyones approval to submit a rule change. I'd be glad to see people other than the regulars submit changes and vote on items and help direct their sport.

Any rules changes presented to the CBF Outboard Executive at the Annual meeting will be voted on right then by the membership in attendance.

After the meeting, the rules changes that passed in the Outboard meeting, are then forwarded the top level CBF Exectuitive Board and are reviewed by them. Items viewed as safety issues or concerns are then reviewed by them and can be turned down or asked to alter them. I've only heard of this happening once. Generally they let the groups do what they want.

I have not seen a deadline issued by CBF Outboard at this point, so for now, rules changes can be written and presented to the day of the meeting.

Take part in your sport and get involved in this meeting.

Andrew, thank you for clarifying proposal & voting privileges, process flow, next steps, and timing, to manage expectations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next