It is currently October 5th, 2024, 6:48 pm

Dunnville 1997 full weekend video

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: December 21st, 2012, 11:45 pm   
Team Member

I will get all my VCR tapes out over the Christmas break. I did loan some out and I bet I never got them back. I will list the ones I have on the site. If the other people with tapes do the same then we could have a nice library of these races. Some would likely be interested in buying a CD set of them.
To answer James question as to TORC doing those races. Stock Outboard and OPC [Outboard Pleasure Craft] each had separate races most of the time. They did run together some times at Gravenhurst and Dunnville. Some will recall we also use to run the SK inboard Ski boats at Gravenhurst with the outboard group. OPC left CBF when a new group called PPR [Professional Powerboat Racing] started their own series of races and CBF had no races for OPC. PPR was successful for two years with new sites including Sudbury. PPR died and left the OPC group with no races in Ontario. That was the main reason Brian Sherriff, Tammy Wolf, Paul Hickey, Cam Morley, Mike Hooper, Paul Orchard, Blair Kants, Jim Whittington, Brian Venton, Blake Rocque [SP?] and others all went racing in the APR Superleague. That is why it is nice to see T Class being so successful.

Last edited by Hounddog on December 22nd, 2012, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 12:52 am   
Team Member

This is fantastic! I am not through it all yet but am looking forward to watching the rest. Thank you very much for sharing this.

Hounddog - is it true that the racing circuit used to also come to Belwood Lake outside of Fergus?

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 2:01 am   
Team Member

I would love to have a collection of old tapes. All of ours have been lost and this is the only tape we have left. It would be good to get these uploaded before they are all lost

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 8:04 am   
Team Member

dubber wrote:
Hounddog - is it true that the racing circuit used to also come to Belwood Lake outside of Fergus?

Yes, you are correct we did race at Belwoods. Great location near the Dam. Large pit area. Last race there was 2004. Many of the current racers started racing at Belwoods in 2004.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 8:36 am   
Team Member

Ricker wrote:
My dad told me he thought that my boat was cam morleys but now its comfirmed!.

I can give you more of the history on that boat. I found an original Critchfield in New York state . Since I didn't need the boat I called Cam Morley to see if see wanted it. Cam was short of funds at the time so Steve Wrong got that boat. We later found 3 more Critchfields in Florida. Will Alsops green and yellow, Cam's blue one and Dave Whittington's red and white one. Cam won the Canadian Nationals with that boat in 1997 at Sudbury. A real accomplishment because Cam is a very large man close to 300 lbs and his boat was way over weight. Cam sold his boat a few years later to Craig Ferrier. Craig also did well with that boat winning the high points championship in 2000. Cam is very good at building motors and
he and Steve Wrong spend a lot of time and money on reworking their props. LC currently has their number 2 prop. Dave Elsey has their number 1 and number 3 props.

Last edited by Hounddog on December 22nd, 2012, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 9:21 am   
Team Member

We need an educational section now! very entertaining vids. {that hook looked pretty nasty on the internals] :lol:

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 10:11 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
dubber wrote:

Yes, you are correct we did race at Belwoods. Great location near the Dam. Large pit area. Last race there was 2004. Many of the current racers started racing at Belwoods in 2004.

I wondered if it would have been at the dam. Yes it would be a great location with multiple launch ramps (concrete too) and nice curvature to the land to give excellent site lines for spectators.

What happened that the race ceased?

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 11:43 am   
Team Member

dubber wrote:
What happened that the race ceased?

The last time we raced there was 2004. There were only a few spectators and the promotor lost a lot of money.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 9:19 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
I will get all my VCR tapes out over the Christmas break. I did loan some out and I bet I never got them back. I will list the ones I have on the site. If the other people with tapes do the same then we could have a nice library of these races. Some would likely be interested in buying a CD set of them.

Here are the VCR tapes I have. If you want to sort thru them and make up a library for the group. You are welcome to To use them.
Dunnville 1992
Dunnville 1993
Dunnville 1994
Belwoods 1994
Dunnville 1995
Sudbury 1995
Dunnville 1996 [that is the one will just EP, I have the complete races]
Dunnville 1997 [that is the one you posted already]
Sudbury 1999
Sudbury 2000

Others should have the mid to early 1987 to 1991 races, and the 1998 races. The Dunnville ones were on Cable 14 out of Hamilton and are the best quality. Let's try and get them all!

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 10:27 am   
Drag Racing Sponsor

I have Sudbury 2001 that was on Sportsnet. Has highlights from Formula V, SST-60 and the full Formula 1 races

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next