It is currently September 20th, 2024, 3:22 pm

What is a TUFF-critch?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 9:35 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
This is going to be a killer setup and I'm sure there will be a line-up for these things after Waterford....

i agree, i already want one!! cant wait to see this build!

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 12:31 pm   
Team Member

fibertron wrote:
if we use the carbon and kevlar infusion layup it should come in around 80lbs but be the strength of a 400 lb boat

gieger off on the weight, he forgot bow eyes and stickers so the boat should weight 83 lbs
We will be putting a front wing on it for down force, after racing next year we will put a 150 xr4 on it and go to fla for the 150 shoot out!!! 112mph Here I come!!!!!!

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 1:10 pm   
Team Member

TopGun wrote:
fibertron wrote:
if we use the carbon and kevlar infusion layup it should come in around 80lbs but be the strength of a 400 lb boat

gieger off on the weight, he forgot bow eyes and stickers so the boat should weight 83 lbs
We will be putting a front wing on it for down force, after racing next year we will put a 150 xr4 on it and go to fla for the 150 shoot out!!! 112mph Here I come!!!!!!

I like it paul... We'll do a tow start off the dock so that it doesnt sink. lol.... I'll tow it up to 30mph. Then you let go of the rope and blow past! I'll bet nobody in Florida has ever seen that done!

PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 1:36 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

tuffboat wrote:
If it turns out great, then we will do more.

what do you thing the cost of this weapon could be for the racers ?

Are you almost ready to build a race hatch soon? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 9:23 pm   
Team Member

We are going to do the deck Friday and the hull should infuse Tuesday.

As for costs, lets see what the first one takes to do. But we are trying for around $3,500.

James, All I need is the clear gel, I have everything else for the hatch.

We are not trying to make the lightest boat ever, but rather the best. It is more important to me to have a rigid hull that is light instead of a super fly weight that is flexy. This boat will have a fully cored bottom, I don't believe anyone has done that before. Probably because of the weight.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2012, 9:03 am   
Team Member

What is weight of T850 compatible Etec vs OMC? A light/strong boat to compensate for heavier contemporary heavier engine, thoughts?
Mark, knowing you have limited space, priority to display boats with larger market appeal, might you display this at TIBS?
What power rating, and which brand do you see hanging off back?

PostPosted: December 16th, 2012, 11:58 am   
Team Member

Yeah, good question about the show, are the other guys still alive? do you guys have a place in the show? If not, why not?

It would be more appropriate to have a TUFF-critch in a club booth than in the TUFF booth.

My opinion on new motors would be to run either the Merc race 60, or the new Yamaha light weight 70. Other than that, they are to soft or too heavy.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2012, 10:50 pm   
Team Member

TORC/CBF is fortunate to have a 10'x40' booth, independant of any specific forums/vendors, supporting each and all for club interests to promote racing. Andrew Fralick is to be commended on his work/negotiations with TIBS since June.
Agreed, Tuff-C is most suitable to be shown in our booth.
Months ago, we had to submit floor plan, get commitments from boat owners, to include SLT, CSH, Critch, and drag engines.
Mark, basically we're packed full. The Tuff-C would have been great, but commitments were made and stand.
Let me know if your thoughts are to display Tuff-C, and if TORC can assist in some way to provide excitement(eg: TV with racing clips). TORC recognizes you are running a business, not a club, where sales and attracting the right market niche to support your business is the main objective.
We can pursue mutual interests. PM me if preferred.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2012, 8:39 pm   
Team Member

PostPosted: December 17th, 2012, 8:42 pm   
Team Member

Two days of prep, and then in two hours you go form parts to a boat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next