It is currently September 20th, 2024, 3:12 pm

What is a TUFF-critch?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: December 12th, 2012, 2:15 pm   
Team Member

p man wrote:
You should talk Gig into a new low profile coffin hatch. If he had something he actually used perhaps fellow racers and fans alike would stop throwing their empties into the back of his boat.

How would Dok and I transport our refreshments then! :mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 12th, 2012, 5:23 pm   
Team Member

Mark, are you going to build the Critchfields now with Pauls molds or is this a one off? If so, thats great news! !!!!

PostPosted: December 12th, 2012, 11:14 pm   
Team Member

If it turns out great, then we will do more.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: December 12th, 2012, 11:21 pm   
Team Member

thats great, keep us posted with the progress

PostPosted: December 12th, 2012, 11:41 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

if we use the carbon and kevlar infusion layup it should come in around 80lbs but be the strength of a 400 lb boat :o .. Seriously though I cant wait to get this thing,, P@ the hatch is in the works, coulter :geek: and whipster :ugeek: are gonna need to find a new place to stash empties!!

PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 12:12 am   
Team Member

This is totally sweet. Oh and I also second the appreciation of the Scorpion reference. Ode to my younger years....

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 12:49 am   
Team Member

I'm no aeronautical engineer,but wouldn't a boat with the same dimensions as the original and built that light be "too" flighty!difficult to manage over wakes and slow reacting to set for the turns! somebody enlighten me! It sounds great!stiff and light,but isn't there a point where you have to reduce hull lift to adjust for weight reduction :?

PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 1:08 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

SHIVERS wrote:
I'm no aeronautical engineer,but wouldn't a boat with the same dimensions as the original and built that light be "too" flighty!difficult to manage over wakes and slow reacting to set for the turns! somebody enlighten me! It sounds great!stiff and light,but isn't there a point where you have to reduce hull lift to adjust for weight reduction :?

It's got to meet minimum weight...so it'll be heavy enough not to be out of control but with the benefit of placing the weight exactly where you want it in the boat. That should make it handle better...If he pulls all the weight out and tries to run Gravenhole or Dunnville then he's going swimming. This is going to be a killer setup and I'm sure there will be a line-up for these things after Waterford....

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 8:50 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
SHIVERS wrote:

It's got to meet minimum weight...so it'll be heavy enough not to be out of control but with the benefit of placing the weight exactly where you want it in the boat. That should make it handle better...If he pulls all the weight out and tries to run Gravenhole or Dunnville then he's going swimming. This is going to be a killer setup and I'm sure there will be a line-up for these things after Waterford....

thanks for reminding me about the minimum weight! I've never given the minimum weight a thought as I knew my hull was heavy with the full floor,and ride guide steering!just old and forgetfull I guess!
I'm sure it will be a wicked hull, everything I've seen from Tuff has led me to believe Mark may be the #1 performance boat builder on the continent!if I was younger I'd be over there trying to get an apprenticeship!It must be a good feeling to stand back and say I built that!

PostPosted: December 13th, 2012, 9:33 am   
Team Member

Whenever, we get something new in T class there is always an instant response from racers. I got 2 e-mails yesterday and I replied to them on the T School thread. DOC is 100% correct. All of the T classes have a minimum weight. These boats will need to meet those weights same as any other boat that races in the class. It is an advantage being able to place the extra weight in different locations to help the handling. Where I see this boat is in GT30. Hopefully it will weigh 550 lbs, boat, motor and driver. Mark should be able to sell complete packages with the motor being either an ETEC or 4 stroke 30 hp. That will attract the 14 year olds and up into GT30. We could even call the class... Green Tuff 30. Adding the TUFF brand name is going to benefit all the T group, TORC and CBF.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next