It is currently October 6th, 2024, 6:31 am

Proposition to Himagain, Northbase and LittleCharger.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 5:28 pm   
Team Member

Come on Jeff... I am not questioning speeds in this case... I am questioning reported HP's.

Jeff I work on my shit all the time.. I am constantly DIY'ing my own stuff. I listen to people ... And bounce ideas off them. Enough with this experience shit.... I have not witnessed a drag race or talked to Brendan powers, wally lambkin or any other legends before.. But Fuck me.!!! I eat, sleep, drink and shit boats all the time. If you wanna check out my set up ... Come see it anytime. If there is mph on the table with what I got.. I am ALL FRICKIN EARS! believe me.. I wanna go faster, just no funds. I would love to go to the Byuboyz run.. But my tiny fun budget goes in my boat.

I am fine with the idea that I have alot to learn... But if the greatest alpinist in the world told me that he climbed everest with no oxygen and there mouth taped shut. than I would call bullshit too... And for the record!!! I have never been anywhere close to Everest.

Everytime I get into this stuff.. I realized I don't care as much as I thought I did.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 5:42 pm   
Team Member

It clearly was stated in that S&F deal that it wasn't a stock 150. . And as stated an XR4 / 6 isnt 150hp
Once again man , you should enjoy life more instead of gettin so wrapped up. Hahah

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 5:54 pm   
Team Member

duuuuuude.... I fucking love life.!

Read the whole thread. I just wanna know how it's done!

The issue was the nonsense of dudes acting like it was just an average 150 motor speed... well thats just insane. Should Pat be running 110mph + ? Then... the 111mph stuff was also difficult for me to swallow.. But fuck it... It seems like I am wrong there. Whatever man... I really don't care anymore. But I would love to see with my own eyes, LC's trully, completely stock XR6 run on a very very fast hull. I am putting a 115 on my cowl in the spring.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 7:12 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

mitchie wrote:
I am putting a 115 on my cowl in the spring.

I've got a set...OR...we could rock the classic Excel cowl and no one would know WTF we had...

There is more to this than meets the eye. I mean honestly, I know my setup isn't perfect but there's not 20mph left in it by perfecting it....that's the jist of Dave's arguement...most 150's would do 90ish on a rocket and he's got everything perfect so now it goes 111????? AND I can hold my boat WFO for 1 mile or 5...it goes the same and I have REAL hp and torque. The dude seems like a nice guy and seems to have legit guys backing him up but seriously...WTF???

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 8:11 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

now i am new to this whole boating thing.... but how does a 200 on a vking go 93 ?

if it does how does the motor have the power to rev out a big prop ? is that where the motor takes 5 miles to rev up ?

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 8:13 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

OneCycle wrote:
now i am new to this whole boating thing.... but how does a 200 on a vking go 93 ?

if it does how does the motor have the power to rev out a big prop ? is that where the motor takes 5 miles to rev up ?

Because the 200 is a 225..and yes...5 miles to string it out...

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 8:23 pm   
Team Member

I can maybe understand the 90mph thing but ..... 111 seems a stretch ( even for Armstrong ;))
I can also see 5 or so mph in some people's set ups but not 20. . . Except for a small few or beginners
Who knows I guess

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 8:30 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
AND I can hold my boat WFO for 1 mile or 5...it goes the same and I have REAL hp and torque. The dude seems like a nice guy and seems to have legit guys backing him up but seriously...WTF???

There is only one answer...Black power!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 12:18 am   
Team Member

People just need to be realistic with the alleged HP strapped to their boats. I get it that it is cool to say what you ran real fast through years of research and top secret setup but there is only so much setup you can do before needing gobs of power and torque...Take 2 non matching HP decals to actual HP, one gps recall snapshot, a few internet posts and presto...living legend.

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: November 24th, 2012, 12:38 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

dubber wrote:
People just need to be realistic with the alleged HP strapped to their boats. I get it that it is cool to say what you ran real fast through years of research and top secret setup but there is only so much setup you can do before needing gobs of power and torque...Take 2 non matching HP decals to actual HP, one gps recall snapshot, a few internet posts and presto...living legend.

Exactly....and why would you bother with a 150 in the first place...it would take forever to get the boat to move and if you can run 111 with a 150...why wouldn't you want a 225/260/drag motor and run close to the speed of light (...they say it can't be done Yammer :mrgreen: ). Frigg if my boat ran 111 I'd tell people it had 400 Hp just so I wouldn't have to explain myself lol.

How much faster is a speedmaster than a sportie?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next