It is currently September 28th, 2024, 2:13 pm

playing on muskoka...

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 2:16 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

mitchie wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
awsome..i love flying a v hull......any one ever blow over? how fast would a boat have to go?..what causes blow overs?...scary thought. :shock:

Ask James... He`s one tick on the up button away! :o

Boomer,
Blow over is different for everyone and i'm not so sure a Vee would blow over rather than just go up then hook... in my boat i think the high 70's with trim will send it over, sideways and i would no longer be in the boat..

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 6:17 pm   

OneCycle wrote:
mitchie wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
awsome..i love flying a v hull......any one ever blow over? how fast would a boat have to go?..what causes blow overs?...scary thought. :shock:

Ask James... He`s one tick on the up button away! :o

Boomer,
Blow over is different for everyone and i'm not so sure a Vee would blow over rather than just go up then hook... in my boat i think the high 70's with trim will send it over, sideways and i would no longer be in the boat..

hook eh? that would be bad news........im hopeing to hit 70 in the winder this weekend,,,best is 62 and that was stone smooth pimp tight untill the 225 cut out,,iv since replaced the impeller,deleted anti syphon valve, deleted the fuel quick connect,deleted stock fuel filter, and added a new less restricting water separator filter,..going too get some fresh 91 octain and amsoil and re-test,, iv also lifted the motor an inch since last time i tested,,,the water pickup is 1/4 below the v, ...(.or u in the winders case) lol ...i might wanna keeper under 65 untill i get better rigging, :roll: ,,...,,, 8-) but i have a desent pair so i dont see that happening.......(joking) :lol:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 7:27 pm   
Team Member

hook eh? that would be bad news........im hopeing to hit 70 in the winder this weekend,,,best is 62 and that was stone smooth pimp tight untill the 225 cut out,,iv since replaced the impeller,deleted anti syphon valve, deleted the fuel quick connect,deleted stock fuel filter, and added a new less restricting water separator filter,..going too get some fresh 91 octain and amsoil and re-test,, iv also lifted the motor an inch since last time i tested,,,the water pickup is 1/4 below the v, ...(.or u in the winders case) lol ...i might wanna keeper under 65 untill i get better rigging, :roll: ,,...,,, 8-) but i have a desent pair so i dont see that happening.......(joking) :lol:[/quote]

Amsoil don't they sell wiper blades? save some money and buy some Quality Lucas Oil off The Gun.

http://thundercatracingna.com/

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 4th, 2012, 9:04 am   

I hit 71mph in the winder this am was hitting 66-68 all weekend but the chop was really bad and there was alott of boats out so i waited till this am i was the only one on the water, it was like glass,,,,hit 68.5 no problem next run 70.5 and finnally (after i grew a pair) hit 71mph stopped thought about it for a min then headded for home....my summer is completed....too bad im a day late,

PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 2:21 pm   
Team Member

Hey Boomer

Interesting read.

Once again Mitchie is right.

In my opinion - your reckless. Online and offline.

I've run beside a lot of guys (had 1 or 2 pass me doing 100+ this weekend - within 5 ft)
I trust them, their knowledge, their respect for speed and what it can do in a split second and their properly maintained equipment.

I would be staying far away you if we were to ever meet on the water.

There is, such a thing as balls that are too big. A little fear will keep you alive

Thx for the rant

Tom!

PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 10:08 pm   

wildcatt wrote:
Hey Boomer

Interesting read.

I've run beside a lot of guys (had 1 or 2 pass me doing 100+ this weekend - within 5 ft)
I trust them, their knowledge, their respect for speed and what it can do in a split second and their properly maintained equipment.

There is, such a thing as balls that are too big. A little fear will keep you alive

Thx for the rant

Tom!

WOW!!!!!! I thought we were done,,, you are right i am verrry reckless...thats why my name is boomer,,, 100 mph within 5 feet of somebody is far more reckless that i am in this video!!!!!! enough said,,, i do have respect for the water im not brain dead i understand the risks i take and am not 100% reckless if i am rideing close too others ,,, i'd say driving 100 mph in a v hull is pretty reckless, i dont think i went over 50 mph in the vid, i could of hung on to that shit barefooting beside my boat... appreciate the concern,,, ps i'm looking into a more capable hull and sugestions?

PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 10:12 pm   

dubber wrote:
Yup I am with Mitchie. I wouldn't want to be next to you when you take off either a la the end of the video from the cameraman's boat. I can appreciate living on the edge and having fun be doing it safely with consideration for others is important.

the cameraman almost hits me if you didnt notice i got the launch and he almost his me from behind...so how about going onto youtube and telling nakedandfamous how you all feel about our driving...

PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 10:22 pm   

how do you like your DL ? im looking at one near me without a motor.. i am thinking about swappin the v6 off the winder and putting the 85 hp back on... 225 hp on a winder is nuts i hit 71mph and i am satisfied. I think if i push it any more im asking for trouble (i can feel my balls shrinking as i type).. what kind of speed do you get out of the charger?
......Latly i'v found myself dreaming about 80mph in the winder just too shut up the no good doogooders and haters who told me i couldnt do 70.....

PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 11:08 pm   
Team Member

[quote="wildcatt"]Hey Boomer

Interesting read.

Thx for the rant

It was great running with you guys on sunday Tom, I'm still blown away how well that prop worked LOL that was a great run Sunday afternoon!ps. you can test pilot my ae ANYTIME!

Steve

Last edited by beavertonae-21 on September 10th, 2012, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 11:09 pm   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
how do you like your DL ? im looking at one near me without a motor.. i am thinking about swappin the v6 off the winder and putting the 85 hp back on... 225 hp on a winder is nuts i hit 71mph and i am satisfied. I think if i push it any more im asking for trouble (i can feel my balls shrinking as i type).. what kind of speed do you get out of the charger?
......Latly i'v found myself dreaming about 80mph in the winder just too shut up the no good doogooders and haters who told me i couldnt do 70.....

Good setup sidewinder shouldnt be too scary. I recently went 71.9 in mine with a 150 2L so you have a lot more potential with yours. If I had the money I wouldnt hesitate on putting any less then a 200 on the back. My buddy has a 18DL with a 175 2.4L, goes 70.9 and I kill him in 1/4 mile. All in the setup.

Profile Send private message WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next