It is currently September 21st, 2024, 1:46 am

Dunnville T video

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 11:34 pm   
Team Member

Not sure if y'all have seen this one, different perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxprHWqx1_A

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 4th, 2012, 8:30 am   
Team Member

Another interesting video. You can really see the different aspect of the different motors.
Todd the lead boat really as the punch out of the corners and flattens out speed wise about 3/4s the way down the straight.
Top Gun has more top end and can make-up ground when he finds some clean water to run in.
The pack is difficult to run in regardless of what motor your running.
Erik joked about running his 62 mph tank. Watching the video he is doing very well in this heat and he did well in the other heats. Its not all top end, its about seeing how fast you can get there.
Experience and BOAT HANDLING are major factors in running a T boat. New guys don't need to spend alot of money on a motor. The top boats are running in the 70 mph range. You can place well in the class with a boat running in the 62 to 65 mph range. The key is boat handling. If you can't drive the boat around the oval at 62 mph then a 70 mph boat is useless to you. You cannot handle it. T boats have a totally different handling at 70 mph. They are at their limit. They are much more difficult to control especially entering the corners. The boat doesn't set the same as it does entering at 65 mph.
I set a poor example because you see me working on little changes. You don't need to do what I do. You do my type of changes when your at the top of the class and your looking for a extra 1 to 1.5 mph. When you get to that level you will have your own ideas. What works on one boat may hurt the performance when used on another boat.

Profile Send private message