It is currently September 29th, 2024, 1:30 am

Kill two birds with one stone.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 3:06 pm   

Okay guys help me out. Saturday is our wedding anniversary. I want to go boating. Anywhere anybody can think of within a couple hour drive to boat Saturday/stay over night. Muskoka/Lake of bays/Kawartha's etc. Has to be a decent place with somewhat ease in launching boat/parking etc. Not all that concerned about cost. Next year is 25 years so I doubt boating is going to be an option, unless it's a Cruise Liner lol.
Thanks guys help a brother out! ;)

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 4:04 pm   

My first thought is Parry Sound, go out to Frying Pan Island and stay out there for the night. Can eat at Henry's fish restaurant, and check out all the islands close by during the day. At night you can go out to the other side of the island and watch the sunset off the open water of Georgian Bay.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 5:42 pm   
Team Member

Cleavelands House on Rousseau is a good spot. Not cheap, but reliable.

The little cottages are kinda cute - pretty sure you can get a slip for the boat as well.

Lots of fun boating (I think you were there with the Checkmate Gang a while back)

http://clevelandshouse.com/

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 6:04 pm   
Team Member

Gravenhurst.

Book room at Marriott, Muskoka Bay, Fri & Sat night, ask them for TORC race weekend discount.
Double wide concrete launch ramp right there, ample parking.

Fri: get to Marriott, make sure your boat is ok, check into room, play hide the snake.

Sat:
Wake up, hide the snake, brekky, launch boat in Muskoka Bay, Lake Muskoka, cruise up through scenic Port Carling locks up to Windemere House( http://www.windermerehouse.com ) for lunch, cruise by Millionaire's row 'cottages', 5 hours return, back to Marriott, play hide the snake.
Book romantic 3hr evening dinner cruise on Segwun Steamship ( http://realmuskoka.com/muskoka-steamshi ... ghtseeing/ ), 500m from Marriott. Back to Marriott, hide the snake, set alarm for 1am.

Sun:
Get up 1am, don't touch snake, sneak out, drive 10min to Northbase Allison Wonderland, get shit faced until 5am, share beers & lies with Drag/t guys. 5am back to Marriott, slip into bed w bride, wakes up, hide the snake.
Leisurely breakfast, stroll through Speed & Grace Antique boat museum beside Marriott. Back to room, hide the snake, she has a nap.
You slip out to TORC race on Gull Lake for 2 hrs, get back hide the snake.
Hitchup, drive home, everyone happy.

Mon: take day off, stay home, don't touch snake.

Done.

Last edited by Hydroid on June 22nd, 2015, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 6:23 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Gravenhurst.

Book room at Marriott, Muskoka Bay, Fri & Sat night, ask them for TORC race weekend discount.

Fri: get to Marriott, make sure your boat is ok, check into room, play hide the snake.

Sat:
Wake up, hide the snake, brekky, launch boat in Muskoka Bay, Lake Muskoka, cruise up through scenic Port Carling locks up to Windemere Inn for lunch, 5 hours return, back to Marriott, play hide the snake.
Book romantic 3hr evening dinner cruise on Segwun Steamship, 500m from Marriott. Back to Marriott, hide the snake, set alarm for 1am.

Sun:
Get up 1am, don't touch snake, sneak out, drive 10min to Northbase Allison Wonderland, get shit faced until 5am, share beers & lies with Drag/t guys. 5am back to Marriott, slip into bed w bride, wakes up, hide the snake.
Leisurely breakfast, stroll through Speed & Grace Antique boat museum beside Marriott. Back to room, hide the snake, she has a nap.

Done.

LMFAO!!
If following the above itinerary may I suggest you pack a few pounds of salty bacon & a large tub of vitamin E cream.......for the snake, otherwise he may be shedding his skin by the end of the weekend.
You may also want to change your screen name to "Allcock"!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 6:44 pm   

You fuckers are too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks very much guys for the ideas! BTW if I was allcock the wife wouldn't let me outta the house let alone go boating! :o :shock: :o :shock:

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 6:45 pm   

Hydroid wrote:
Gravenhurst.

Sat:
Wake up, hide the snake, brekky, launch boat in Muskoka Bay, Lake Muskoka, cruise up through scenic Port Carling locks up to Windemere House( http://www.windermerehouse.com ) for lunch, cruise by Millionaire's row 'cottages', 5 hours return, back to Marriott, play hide the snake.
Book romantic 3hr evening dinner cruise on Segwun Steamship ( http://realmuskoka.com/muskoka-steamshi ... ghtseeing/ ), 500m from Marriott. Back to Marriott, hide the snake, set alarm for 1am.

Sun:

Done.

Clearly you have done this before! Great plan BTW!

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 7:16 pm   

LMFAO wow that's a great plan I thought he said it was anniversary not a honeymoon :)

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 7:17 pm   

LMFAO wow that's a great plan I thought he said it was anniversary not a honeymoon :) Best wishes Happy Anniversary

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 7:21 pm   

Hydroid wrote:
Gravenhurst.

Sat:

Sun:

Done.

The only thing I can think of after reading this is...

Challenge accepted!