It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:18 pm

Honey Harbour

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 6:24 pm   

Right on man looks like it will fly! Hopefully I'll be out on the 9th

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 6:54 pm   
Team Member

FluKy15 wrote:
idvette wrote:

I think you're gonna find out in a hurry that boat will be a handful at first, especially with a big chopper on it. I can imagine your excitement to get on the water with it, we've all been there. Just make sure you have your safety gear and don't expect to run it balls out the first day. Having another boat in the water with you is also a great idea :)

I'm going to definitely stay within my comfort zone with the boat. I'd also like to have another boat out there for added comfort, which is one of the reasons I'm posting. My comfort zone may only be 60mph, it may be balls to the wall, I have no idea yet. What kind of safety gear do you guys usually bring with you other than the basics? (The ministry required)

A GOOD life jacket (a lot of guys use lifeline vests), an ignition kill tether, and eye protection are the "above and beyond" standard. And above all, common sense lol.... If you're gonna be in town for more than a few hours, let me know. Always good to put a face to the names

PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 7:16 pm   

I doubt I'll be in Peterborough for more than 1 hour tomorrow, if that's what you mean? I rarely go over to the Peterborough area, but if I am I'll definitely let you know!

PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 7:33 pm   
Team Member

Another time then. Enjoy the Vector :)

PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 7:58 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

idvette wrote:

A GOOD life jacket (a lot of guys use lifeline vests), an ignition kill tether, and eye protection are the "above and beyond" standard. And above all, common sense lol.... If you're gonna be in town for more than a few hours, let me know. Always good to put a face to the names

Yes....what he said!!

Life jacket...important...and a ski vest won't do sweet fuck all for you after 70mph.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 18th, 2015, 1:03 am   

FluKy15 wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
FluKy15 wrote:
May 9th I'll be running Honey Harbour for sure, anyone up for joining? Just lemme know. It will be the first time I get to drive the boat I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!

yeah buddy :lol: ill try to make that adventure :D

Amazing! I want to try the 30 chopper first then try the 30 cleaver and see the differences. It should fit right on, if it doesn't I'll get a new hub pressed in. I'll need some help to be shown how to change props first to be honest lol

How's your recovery going so far?

i can show you how to do that, no problem.. im healing up nice,getting sick of this gd cast tho..

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: April 18th, 2015, 10:40 am   

Great looking boat enjoy!! Be extra mindful there is going to be alot of crap foating around this early in the season.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2015, 10:43 am   

I looked and there was mud/dirt at my dad's cottage so if people come up May 9th to the Honey harbour area and want to hangout there, can beach the boat if you're up for that. The docks should be ready too. May 9th so stoked!

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 9:48 pm   

May 9th is almost here!!! Almost time to drive the boat. I'll be getting the navionics app or whatever it's called so I don't get lost too badly...

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 10:43 pm   

You should check/ contact the coast guard and see if they have rest the markers yet. I know last weekend when i went over the bridge in port sevren the markers were still way out to lunch from where they are supose to be lol just to avoid a bad time lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next