It is currently September 29th, 2024, 3:26 am

Gravenhurst Drags

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 11:21 pm   
Team Member

That is a great video! Thanks for sharing. I hope to catch some races later this year in Dunnville.

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 4:26 pm   
Team Member

RBT wrote:
Awesome,

I will update the placements and points in the morning.
Other than Archer, there was some very close racing.
Thanks to all that showed up. I hope you all had a good time.
For those that do not understand the pairing, I will also post how it was done and why.
This was double elimination racing, just as ODBA and DSRA run there races, you could have the third fastest boat, or the third slowest boat, and if you get a tough draw you could be out in two passes.
That being said I appreciate all who participated, and hope to see you all in Dunville.
There is talk from our friends in the south that they might come up and play with us also.
There will also be classes.

Rob

Rob, where are you putting the results?? I have to learn how to navigate this site! haha
The pairing made no sense to me at all but I figured there was some method to your madness! lol
Me against Archer? comon! hahaha

Cant wait to see the results! the event was a great success!
Cheers

Oh and nice video jason! lol

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 7:50 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

SlowBoater wrote:
RBT wrote:
Awesome,

I will update the placements and points in the morning.
Other than Archer, there was some very close racing.
Thanks to all that showed up. I hope you all had a good time.
For those that do not understand the pairing, I will also post how it was done and why.
This was double elimination racing, just as ODBA and DSRA run there races, you could have the third fastest boat, or the third slowest boat, and if you get a tough draw you could be out in two passes.
That being said I appreciate all who participated, and hope to see you all in Dunville.
There is talk from our friends in the south that they might come up and play with us also.
There will also be classes.

Rob

Rob, where are you putting the results?? I have to learn how to navigate this site! haha
The pairing made no sense to me at all but I figured there was some method to your madness! lol
Me against Archer? comon! hahaha

Cant wait to see the results! the event was a great success!
Cheers

Oh and nice video jason! lol

Until you get more boat in each class you're going to have to deal with pairings like that....keep in mind though that you guys are the key to making drag racing work. Without you guys putting on a GREAT show there's no chance of attracting more boats and growing the classes. So you get to say you raced one of the fastest rockets on the planet....I ran him last year and he passed me like I was tied to the start buoy....I laughed in my helmet lol.

The guys that had the balls to show up and race should be proud...it takes a much higher level of commitment to race in front of a crowd in an organized fashion. Rico did a great job getting the ball rolling and I think Northbase and RBT deserve huge credit for picking up the torch and making it possible for the drags to continue. Every race seems to get better and more refined...you guys did a great job! Keep putting on the show and the boats will come.....

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 7:51 pm   
Team Member

Thank you for the runs guys! Rob did an excellent Job, the pairing was perfect, the way that Rob set up the initial brackets was the best it could possibly be set up, the rest was up to the drivers who set the next brackets in motion. Normally Archer would not be in your class which would even the playing field. RBT laid it out as it should be as ber OBDA etc, need more boats to break up the classes!!!

Momo... for someone in his first race you shouldn't be complaining, you did pretty damn well and were layin it down where you could!!!

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 10:12 pm   
Team Member

Thanks! the boat ran pretty damn good! I understand with the number of boats we had to run who we could! Id rather run Archer then no one! lol it was a great day thats for sure! Cant wait for Dunnville!!

Funny how im still momo with a different username! haha even the guy announcing at the races was using everyones first name, but I was MOMO lmao! damn name has stuck with me everywhere! guess I cant complain!

Now I just have to learn who everyones name is on here any hints? :)

Cheers

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 11:02 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Had a fantastic Fri. & Sat. but Sunday not so much :roll:
A few pics from the parking area on Sat.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 11:08 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

And some moreImage

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 8:54 pm   
Team Member

Gambler is a way cool boat.