It is currently September 30th, 2024, 5:38 am

valero first run.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm   

DoktorC wrote:
Brown is the start relay usually.

The buzzer will go off once the tank on the engine gets low. Then you hold the toggle switch on the side of the motor to transfer the reserve into the little tank...at which point you have half an hour of wide open running. none of this will cause your surging...

It's likely fuel delivery or a high speed ignition break down. Make sure your fuel pickup is clean and the anti-siphon valve isn't plugged...good fuel hose and primer bulb..etc..

i know how too flip that switch dok :lol: i didnt know i had too every half hour :?

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 9:45 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
DoktorC wrote:

The buzzer will go off once the tank on the engine gets low. Then you hold the toggle switch on the side of the motor to transfer the reserve into the little tank...at which point you have half an hour of wide open running. none of this will cause your surging...

It's likely fuel delivery or a high speed ignition break down. Make sure your fuel pickup is clean and the anti-siphon valve isn't plugged...good fuel hose and primer bulb..etc..

i know how too flip that switch dok :lol: i didnt know i had too every half hour :?

Are you saying you have to flip the switch every half hour? If so, why did it take 3 pages for you to mention that?? AND you've got shit unhooked....

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 9:49 pm   

DoktorC wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
DoktorC wrote:

Are you saying you have to flip the switch every half hour? If so, why did it take 3 pages for you to mention that?? AND you've got shit unhooked....

no i thought thats what you were telling me i never flip the switch unless i happen too have the cowl off, that isnt often..

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 9:54 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
DoktorC wrote:

no i thought thats what you were telling me i never flip the switch unless i happen too have the cowl off, that isnt often..

Jesus man...I was saying you need to use the switch IF you run low on oil and the buzzer sounds lol.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 9:59 pm   

:lol: got cha ;)

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 10:00 pm   

so what color is the alarm wire i havent heard it go off since i had it on the winder with a different control box.. how do i test the alarm :idea:

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 9:23 pm   

Hey Boomer
Do you have that thing figured out yet? I hope you are getting it ready for Dunnville you can always put the bridgeport on it. Should be up this weekend give me a yell if you are up for a run.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 9:29 pm   

1 I Bandit wrote:
Hey Boomer
Do you have that thing figured out yet? I hope you are getting it ready for Dunnville you can always put the bridgeport on it. Should be up this weekend give me a yell if you are up for a run.

pretty sure it will take 10 min too fix now :lol: gotta wait till the weekend too test it.. i was going to drop it in skeleton last weekend but went to an even smaller lake with a river so i could get away from the wind to lay er down

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 9:32 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Pull your tether and try to start it.. it should buzz at you. Or unplug the oil level sensor in the little tank...same deal.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 9:41 pm   

That's good Dunnville ?? Just checked the weather not much wind this weekend :) I got a coned lower unit for the Charger to try :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next