It is currently October 5th, 2024, 6:03 pm

Matte Black Venom By Mach 1 Customs

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 10th, 2014, 8:05 am   
Team Member

Zonka wrote:
Have you found any preferences towards liquid edge seal vs the 3M tape edge seal?

allstock, I'm not sure about the weight since measuring the roll with the backing paper on wouldn't be accurate, I'm guessing its around the same as paint though, but maybe someone else on here would have a better idea than me. Removal is the same as a car, and it's hard to tell in the photos but I cut out where the screw holes are.

James, take 1sq meter/yd of scrap, crumple it up, put it on your dimebag measuring scale for approx weight...curious to know weight

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 10th, 2014, 10:03 am   
Team Member

Zonka wrote:
Have you found any preferences towards liquid edge seal vs the 3M tape edge seal?

allstock, I'm not sure about the weight since measuring the roll with the backing paper on wouldn't be accurate, I'm guessing its around the same as paint though, but maybe someone else on here would have a better idea than me. Removal is the same as a car, and it's hard to tell in the photos but I cut out where the screw holes are.

I'd go with primer on the edges. Then make sure to fully activate the adhesive with heat. Each manufacturer has their own specs as to the temp. Using a heat temp reader gun is the best way to be sure you've got the product up to the correct activation temperature. Especially at, or around the water line. Weight is minimal.
I use the 3M optically clear "tape" on window perf. Leave about 1/2" space around the perimeter, and run the tape (same material as the over laminate - just cut into a 1" strip) half on the perf and half on the window. This totally seals the graphic onto the window, and stops edge creep.

Profile Send private message