It is currently September 28th, 2024, 4:15 pm

Jan 11th torc meeting

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 10th, 2014, 6:52 pm   
TORC VP

It has come to my attention that the jan 11 torc meeting is listed in the news letter as being at the boat show. This is incorrect I had originally said it would be there. It will be at the club at 10 am as usual. I am sorry if this causes any issues for people planing to attend.

This was 100% my fault sorry !

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 1:28 pm   
Team Member

Haven't gotten a news letter as of yet

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 8:03 am   
Team Member

I heard at the meeting many emails addresses were dead/returned. Anyone who didn't get it should update your info with the TORC Membership Director.

http://www.torc.ca/contact-us.html

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 9:59 am   
TORC VP

We had a very good meeting. We discussed the registration process and the volunteer process. (among other things)

Here is what were are going to do this season.

1. Volunteering is mandatory. You will have to sign up at registration before you will be added to a score sheet. Everyone will so something this season. We will be keeping the volunteer list and checking to see that everyone participates in some capacity. It will be the racers responsibility to show up on time when they have volunteered. If you as a racer cannot make the time you signed up for it is your responsibility to find a replacement and inform the race committee.

2. For Waterford we are going to try a reduced rate for the 3rd class a racer runs. $35 for the first 2 classes $15 for the third. This only applies to individuals that pre-register online before the event. Registration at the event will remain $40/class /day

3. Just so you can take advantage of pre-registration and show up knowing when you can volunteer..... We will have a set running order.

JSH
BSH
CSH
DSH
750/Tcat Back to back

ASH
CMH-125pro
B Canadian
DMH
T850 Back to back

AXS
20ss
25ss
15ssh
Drag

The order of the flights might change but no the order of classes. The flight order will be posted here prior to any race and it will be posted with the volunteer sign-up sheet at registration. The goal is to speed up the drivers meeting and get more time for everyone on the water. Any classes with 4 boats or less may be run in combination with another class.

Last edited by Himagain on January 13th, 2014, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 10:23 am   
Team Member

I didn't notice/hear back to back heats for Tcats. I'm against any class running back to back personally. We don't race for anything other than points. If you run back to back you have no idea the results from the first heat order. Did anyone jump, was some DQ'd, did I jump? This makes a big difference on how someone would run the second heat. Also it's exhausting running two heats back to back with no rest, especailly a tiller :)

Also if anyone has a minor issue with their setup or prop or fuel, or even quits for some reason on the track, running back to back gives them no chance to sort it out for the next heat.

Also curious... are T750's interested in turning right? Some of you compained you could not get around a Tcat. This is partly why rights are used... no one gets stuck on the outside the whole lap... if you are a similar speed to someone you'll get an inside corner at some point and can make your pass. Several countries run Vee's and Cats together in ovals and on tracks with rights. The spectators love it. It's way more interesting for drivers too.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 10:25 am   
Team Member

Waterford has sand beach area and grass beach area at the other end... should be no issue to have boats park at the beach/grass while somehting else runs... no need to trailer everything. Or they can float in the launch lagoon too.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 10:31 am   
TORC VP

Andrew...

Tcats would be easy to split out at Waterford and run the second heat before or after T850... or at the end of the 3 flight

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 11:00 am   
Team Member

J, great initiatives, my comments:
- I don't see CSH & OSY on the sched; oversight?
- A requirement to run T/Tcat/other classes back to back should be Race Director's call on race day, weighing # of classes, if elims required, weather, start time/delays, other. Race Director will make the call for greater good and schedule of all classes and racers to get through program in the required time. T/Tcat/other should be prepared to run back to back, unless advised otherwise by the RDir. TORC schedule requirement to run back to back has become a function of TORC's success attracting & growing new classes/racers, a GREAT problem to have, despite individual classes or racers not being 100% pleased with this.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 12:01 pm   
TORC VP

Erik.... You are correct I missed CSH in the first Flight..... I will fix that. I don't have OSY on the list that I was given. I missed B Canadian aswell It has been fixed

This running order was made to save time it will always be the race directors call on site should changes be required. The purpose here is so that competitors can show up and have a reasonable expectation of when they will run and can therefore help out more. I am sure that we will have some hick ups along the way and that this process will continue to evolve.