It is currently October 6th, 2024, 12:20 am

mercury bridgeport

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: October 31st, 2013, 10:47 pm   

:shock: 95 mph in the vegas xt.... hmmm how much faster in the valero hull. i wish i didnt get mine so late in the year or it would be alot father along lol

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: November 1st, 2013, 7:04 am   

yeah thats the one i was talking about. I know this video was done a few years ago and he sold the prop after that but I remember seing him buy another 30 cleaver at the begining of the summer so I like to know if he was able to run 95 again.

I think theres quite a difference between a regular 200 and a BP. but I'm not saying a 200 cant perform as well as a BP with the right mods. Dean had a 200 with a bp intake, heads..etc on his stv charger and he ran about the same speed I' running..

a BP on a valero is a weapon!

PostPosted: November 1st, 2013, 7:21 am   
Team Member

I'm not nessecarily trying to compare my motor to a bp, I know there's a difference in power. I'm running a small prop to hig rpms, and it's surviving. I likely wouldn't be able to turn a 30 pitch that high though. I threw a 28 on, but my lower unit decided it didn't like it before I was able to try any speed runs.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 7:24 am   

idvette wrote:
I'm not nessecarily trying to compare my motor to a bp, I know there's a difference in power. I'm running a small prop to hig rpms, and it's surviving. I likely wouldn't be able to turn a 30 pitch that high though. I threw a 28 on, but my lower unit decided it didn't like it before I was able to try any speed runs.

I built Bill Keegan a 200 a few years back, they had it on a big black (stealth cougar) on Rice lake, The louks I think I have it now, They ended up running a 32 ET to at least 6500 jacked to the moon, mild porting no chest cut, 7 petal front end with boyesen's and balanced, I don't think I even CC'd the heads on it, just took .025 off to clean em up mounted on a stock mid with a stock lower 1.87 with a bob's 88 MPH was the last speed I heard with Jesse drivin it.

Max your BP has thin gaskets in it if I recall.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 11:38 am   

crankbearing wrote:
idvette wrote:

I built Bill Keegan a 200 a few years back, they had it on a big black (stealth cougar) on Rice lake, The louks I think I have it now, They ended up running a 32 ET to at least 6500 jacked to the moon, mild porting no chest cut, 7 petal front end with boyesen's and balanced, I don't think I even CC'd the heads on it, just took .025 off to clean em up mounted on a stock mid with a stock lower 1.87 with a bob's 88 MPH was the last speed I heard with Jesse drivin it.

so whats one is the better motor for me to build,, bp or mod vp. i have a 200 block also if anyone needs one. and i have a 2.0l about to fly back together as soon as i can get bearings.. :D if i had another crank i could do the mod vp and the BP :lol:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 11:44 am   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
crankbearing wrote:
idvette wrote:

so whats one is the better motor for me to build,, bp or mod vp. i have a 200 block also if anyone needs one. and i have a 2.0l about to fly back together as soon as i can get bearings.. :D if i had another crank i could do the mod vp and the BP :lol:

Any of those bp/mod vp parts going to make a difference on my motor?? Lol

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 11:47 am   

the mod vp has bigger and higher intake ports,, the bp appears to have a bigger exhaust ports. ill have to throw a micrometer at it :lol:

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 11:50 am   

idvette wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
crankbearing wrote:
idvette wrote:

Any of those bp/mod vp parts going to make a difference on my motor?? Lol

maby heads,, or use a block, easiest port job in the world. :lol:

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 11:53 am   

the bp didnt come with a front half or reeds.. the mod vp has 5 pedal plastic reeds.. so i dont have anything for you in that department,, i am keeping my eyes open for a 7 pedal front for an efi for you. ;)

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 11:56 am   
Team Member

Didn't think so lol.. But a BP front half with single horn intake would be cool...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next