It is currently October 6th, 2024, 4:16 am

110 MPH Yamaha Powered Venom..

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:08 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

DoktorC wrote:
Ya...well...my only concern is that thing going over..if ya'll figure it's "safe" than go nuts.

It's every ones concern :shock: and I don't think that it's safe… Not very proud of what I have done, the 114 mph that is. Actually I'm fucking ecstatic :D.LoL Just wanted to get James's fast pass off my recall, several times over, ;) all afternoon :mrgreen: Buzzy :mrgreen: Not trying to be a internet hero, nor do I want to get into a pissing contest with anyone... :mrgreen: It's a Extreme sport like any other that has extreme risks... :shock:
That being said, Smarten up James… :roll:

Last edited by KAL Racing on October 31st, 2013, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:29 pm   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
Ya...well...my only concern is that thing going over..if ya'll figure it's "safe" than go nuts.

It's every ones concern :shock: and I don't think that it's safe… Not very proud of what I have done, the 114 mph that is,"BS" Actually I'm fucking ecstatic :D.LoL Just wanted to get James's fast pass off my recall, several times over, ;) all afternoon :mrgreen: Buzzy :mrgreen: Not trying to be a internet hero, nor do I want to get into a pissing contest with anyone... :mrgreen: It's a Extreme sport like any other that has extreme risks... :shock:

Kenny, Rick and I have talked about this. We both think it's badass.. and VERY cool. Everyone knows how much I enjoy speed. I just think that its a sobering idea to think of one of us getting dragged out of the water. Keep in mind too that Rick has had to do it before. Its just that the results would likely be different at this new incredible level that you guys are both at now. I know that others I know have claimed to do it in a v-bottom... But this is the first time the collective elite castaways have seen verified proof. I remember reading Phil(rpmracing r.i.p.) talking about taking his stv's over 120 and the craziness that would unfold at that point.. Especially when slowing down... You guys are getting very close to this.. You guys are both truly for realzies.

Having said that.... Keep it up. I dig it. I'm just glad I am out of the game.. lol.

P.S. what did I miss with the "BS" thing.?

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:45 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

KAL Racing wrote:
DoktorC wrote:

It's every ones concern :shock: and I don't think that it's safe… Not very proud of what I have done, the 114 mph that is,"BS" Actually I'm fucking ecstatic :D.LoL Just wanted to get James's fast pass off my recall, several times over, ;) all afternoon :mrgreen: Buzzy :mrgreen: Not trying to be a internet hero, nor do I want to get into a pissing contest with anyone... :mrgreen: It's a Extreme sport like any other that has extreme risks... :shock:

the bench racing starts november 15th... pre pair your self.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:48 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

RFCB wrote:
James, congrats on the big #. Looking forward to seeing it out in Lake Ontario next year at the West Lake GTG. You mentioned that that engine was on a bass boat that did 104. What hull was it?

intill steve lets his Skater go to a good home... i might have to launch in west lake next year...

Just remember you were a part of one memory in my challenger that i WILL never forget. as i'm sure you and steve wont either.. :shock:

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 9:36 pm   
Team Member

Yes you can get hurt and even die .....
I really don't understand the extreme pressure not to run top end in this case. ?? Yes it's nice to see care but it's HP boating and this is what it's about. People have been running well over 100 and well over 110 - 115 in some VEE bottoms for a couple of decades now. Maybe you haven't seen it personally but there's more than your small internet world in the real world.
Yes it can hook , roll and eat itself into the dark deep. Yes it can have a blow over. Yes not a single thing can happen as well and possible he can get it figured out and run 115 and maybe even better then that once that big dirty case is massaged.

I really don't understand the red flags being raised. It's not you so support it or leave the man alone. It's all our choice to do this or any other high risk hobby , sport or even careers.

People go over. People don't. Every single HP outboard fast boat hull manufacturer has had one or more of its hulls go over. 99% have lived ( a guess but I'm guessing it's pretty damn close to 99% ) so what.

I support it and it's great to see. The only thing I'd say is just be smart and drive with your head and not with the size of what you hope your ball are. Spend the cash on serious safety equipment for yourself and push it as far as you feel you can man.

Great job.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Last edited by Jeff Yammer on October 30th, 2013, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 9:42 pm   
Team Member

Bring it down to Scugog in the next week or so .... I think we will be stringing out Biglow's SS. Leaving the heads on and going to try for 115+.... Just looking for a true 32 Lab ET that's Mercury stock LAB.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 10:16 pm   
Team Member

Jeff Yammer wrote:
I really don't understand the extreme pressure not to run top end in this case. ?? Yes it's nice to see care but it's HP boating and this is what it's about. People have been running well over 100 and well over 110 - 115 in some VEE bottoms for a couple of decades now. Maybe you haven't seen it personally but there's more than your small internet world in the real world.
Yes it can hook , roll and eat itself into the dark deep. Yes it can have a blow over. Yes not a single thing can happen as well and possible he can get it figured out and run 115 and maybe even better then that once that big dirty case is massaged.

I really don't understand the red flags being raised. It's not you so support it or leave the man alone. It's all our choice to do this or any other high risk hobby , sport or even careers.

People go over. People don't. Every single HP outboard fast boat hull manufacturer has had one or more of its hulls go over. 99% have lived ( a guess but I'm guessing it's pretty damn close to 99% ) so what.

I support it and it's great to see. The only thing I'd say is just be smart and drive with your head and not with the size of what you hope your ball are. Spend the cash on serious safety equipment for yourself and push it as far as you feel you can man.

Great job.

Venoms were not around a couple decades ago and this one has already been over... It's real light. My world may be small Jeff but I have driven numerous boats over 100mph. I'm not nay saying.. I think it's awesome. I have been in performance hobbies my whole life and have seen friends die. I have walked away from a motorcycle accident that should have killed me. The fact remains that this is serious shit pal... If you think that 99% of dudes flipping out of boats at 115mph live a normal life again.. You are completely delusional. I am also quite aware of people running crazy numbers for years in vbottoms.... berkis, Reynolds etc. These guys are fn' pros... Nobody here is. This thread will have a whole different feel when we lose another member. I'm not James dad... James is my friend.. I'm proud of his accomplishment.. But I am worried about him.

You keep talking about how small the internet is.. But if you check results for the major drag racing organizations in the states... Most of the big players are online... If we are talking top end.? Dixon, Dennis v(boston) and Even crazy Hank Hogan used to be online... Most of us have also spent a few tanks of gas cruising around the major lakes around here and have seen a lot of what is out there.... Then we also all have access to converse with aguy that has been around forever and has ownedand driven pretty much every boat (including your old SS) in Paul Kryskow and he never seems to disagree too much with our results and set ups. We seem to get into it a lot.. Its all fun and games on the computer.. But 110+ in any boat is not a fucking game... Its cool. But its no small feat and its no Bullshit and I would bet that its been done in this province les than 10 times with an outboard V-bottom. I would also bet that Ted's boat will not run with JC's venom on the big end... But what do I know.?

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 10:18 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Jeff Yammer wrote:

Great job.

Well Jeff....I'm negative...so I like to be Mr. Reality check in James' 110mph dream world. He's my kin so fuck you I can be as concerned as I want. We all know there's people that drive vee bottoms fast....even those not on the Internet...though its nice of you to point it out for me/us. My concern is pushing a boat that is known to take off...with a driver who likes to show off...and has been in performance boats for 4 summers and a real fast boat for 2 months.

I just want to make sure he doesn't rush or push it beyond his comfort zone just to prove something...110 is a helluva first try. Ken spent 3 years in the same boat sneaking up on 114....

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 10:25 pm   
Team Member

I'm wondering why the VS comment about Ted's and James' Venom anyway ? Where did that come from and why ?
There was never a single comment made about any "VS" his boat or his boat or the other his boat.
? ? ? ? ? ?
I truly don't get this click here now.
Was asking James to come down to run with and there was no intention of a VS what so ever but whatever.

PM me James if you're up for a couple top end passes down this way. Great job on the boat and be safe as mentioned many times.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 10:30 pm   
Team Member

Jeff... No clique here... Just me.

It was a point about our disagreement about the "ease" of running 110 + ... I don't think its gonna run that fast.. That's all.

Fuck.. I told Dok last night that I don't think he will either. I tell the florida guys all the time that I don't think they do what they say the way they say they do it... I calls it likes I sees it.

There is only one thing I run with faith on... Everything else I need to see the proof. And then I want to read the book on how it was done.

Last edited by Supermitchie on October 30th, 2013, 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next