It is currently October 6th, 2024, 2:36 am

110 MPH Yamaha Powered Venom..

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:01 am   
Team Member

Pretty sure Howard ran in the teens with his Simonized Venom? Not sure if that was Chummy's buddy's boat previous or not?

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:17 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Chummy wrote:
That boat will run faster just fine, had a buddy that ran 114 in his and it could duplicate it multiple times. Dont be affraid to add some weight on the passenger side to help the balance. Try it again before the icebergs start forming

I figure if I spout off long enough about it the universe will have to prove me wrong (i.e. the Valero) and the boat will stay right side up lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:19 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

wildcatt wrote:
Pretty sure Howard ran in the teens with his Simonized Venom? Not sure if that was Chummy's buddy's boat previous or not?

Not Howard... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:28 am   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
wildcatt wrote:

Agreed ;)

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:34 am   

I would like to say that I have a lot of respect for superman ken larue and big balls james cole . they have both proven that they can drive a v hull to the outer limits . along with many other memebers. but I for one will not chase anymore top end #'s
I have been over 100mph in the srv . and have gone 114mph in neilsons stv. thats good enough for me .

I have found I have more fun running with my many friends on our lakes and building cool boats and motors and that's were my passion is . like wildcat has said . quote:"we may not be the fastest but we shure know how to have a good time ."

if I was going to go faster I would invest in lifeline helmet restraint system and life line jacket and floatation suit. jmo. have fun .v8

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:48 am   
Team Member

Lifelines without question. But.

Lifeline or no lifeline... You are probably done. We have seen it before. Sadly. Be careful out there boys... I for one do NOT want to pull anybody out of the lake.

This is not a joke of a game. I'm truthfully glad I'm out of it.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 8:58 am   
Team Member

Not "every" Riot has gone over ----- a lot yes but not all. Keep in mind that there's more HP boaters with fast shit that aren't playing on the internet than there are that are on it.
Myself , Chris Fairchild and three others watched a couple Chicago area Riots run 112 and 118 respectively at the River Shiver many years ago. I personally wouldn't due to what seems to be a very extremely small margin of error.

I think you can chase what ever speeds you want and with any boat out there. When you have or if you have the most power available then all that will limit how fast a boat will go is balance , conditions , aerodynamics , hydrodynamics , prop and blade performance , water current , wind and your own capabilities. *** That's all hahaha ***
Every boat as it gets near the point of becoming less of a boat and more of a plane gets tricky - some more than others.
My only advice is to seriously pay attention to what the boat is telling you as you get up to serious fast speeds. You can pay attention or not !!

Great numbers and great looking boat. Always really liked the look of the Venom ( most at least ;))

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 9:21 am   
Team Member

aaaaand.... JC.

I have a wife, and I am a home owner. I have responsibilities and a full time job. plus I have a bum knee that makes everything I do take longer. I own the super for a more enjoyable boating experience for my wife... And running hard in ROUGH water.
80mph will come. I know it. But It is just secondary. ALSO it's a non-padded V james... Different animal at speed... I doubt you could drive it at that speed.. ;) lol.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 9:48 am   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
wildcatt wrote:

I stand corrected. I looked back at the thread and Howard was at 108.

Wicked boat though!

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 9:49 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

wildcatt wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:
wildcatt wrote:

I stand corrected. I looked back at the thread and Howard was at 108.

Wicked boat though!

i have always liked that Simonized venom... wheres the thread?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next