It is currently October 6th, 2024, 12:35 am

110 MPH Yamaha Powered Venom..

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:15 pm   
Team Member

Be careful bud! Wouldn't want another speeding ticket.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:20 pm   
Team Member

I know we don't have the ability to vary "valve" timing, hence my reference to the antiquated design. All I'm saying is it's possible to make big power with loose heads and low octane, depending on port timing. The way I see it (and I may not be right, I've been wrong twice before) the port timing in a 2 stroke is more influential in actual power making capabilities than compression psi numbers.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:29 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

This package is going to be into the teens which will be Big for Team Yamaha…
Way to fly that boat James... :D

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:35 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

idvette wrote:
I know we don't have the ability to vary "valve" timing, hence my reference to the antiquated design. All I'm saying is it's possible to make big power with loose heads and low octane, depending on port timing. The way I see it (and I may not be right, I've been wrong twice before) the port timing in a 2 stroke is more influential in actual power making capabilities than compression psi numbers.

Port timing is VERY important and you'll want compression to match. I'm speaking about this specific motor....like James actual motor lol...I was surprised that it had loose heads on it (to run mid grade) because I have the exact motor and it requires premium. They are tuned the same because they are the same.

I totally agree with what you're saying in theory...it's just not whats happening here.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:44 pm   
Team Member

.... And that's where I'm lacking the info I guess. I just picked up on something you had said and thought I'd put my 2 cents in. (Regarding the low compression vs power comparison) all else being equal, it's possible to have a freak show motor with low compression is all I'm saying. There's tricks to get around just about anything.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:46 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

KAL Racing wrote:

Just remember that every fast venom has gone over...including this one...and going over at 110 will be not good for James. At these speeds there is no "be safe" or "drive carefully" because if anything happens in that boat you're more than likely fucked...like dead fucked. I'm sure it has teens in it but I'm serious when I say...we all already know the boat is fast...don't feel that you have to prove anything to anyone...because no one actually cares if it goes 110 or 112 or 115..

Sorry for the rant but I don't want to see it all go to shit so you can be cool on the Internet lol.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:49 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

idvette wrote:
.... And that's where I'm lacking the info I guess. I just picked up on something you had said and thought I'd put my 2 cents in. (Regarding the low compression vs power comparison) all else being equal, it's possible to have a freak show motor with low compression is all I'm saying. There's tricks to get around just about anything.

It's cool...I'd rather argue tech shit any day lol.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:52 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
idvette wrote:

It's cool...I'd rather argue tech shit any day lol.

Same here lol

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 9:58 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

DoktorC wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:

Just remember that every fast venom has gone over...including this one...and going over at 110 will be not good for James. At these speeds there is no "be safe" or "drive carefully" because if anything happens in that boat you're more than likely fucked...like dead fucked. I'm sure it has teens in it but I'm serious when I say...we all already know the boat is fast...don't feel that you have to prove anything to anyone...because no one actually cares if it goes 110 or 112 or 115..

Sorry for the rant but I don't want to see it all go to shit so you can be cool on the Internet lol.

with much research ( and buy much i mean not much) i have come to the conclusion that most venoms went over in wind... including mine. im not saying there not dangerous.. every boat is dangerous. theres a time and place for all of them and dead calm is the time and place for this one.

chances are i'm going to try and chase down 114.... at least.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 10:00 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

and its not about being cool on the internet.. its about having fun at the Hobby you choose. i have chosen this. and if it wasnt this it would have been sky diving or swimming with sharks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next