It is currently October 6th, 2024, 4:26 am

Fuel Issue( has any one ever seen this)

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 2:19 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

mercury makes a great motor............. its called a 300xs.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 2:47 pm   
Team Member

Trator, I have only seen the back of them , from far back.They sound like the easy way out though, just buy one with a 1.62 sporty, add DBR boltons if more pwr needed and go ... who wants that????? Dave Bush takes all the fun out of blowing sh*t up at home! I'm expecting something really origional on this one Rick!

Steve

PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 3:00 pm   
Team Member

OneCycle wrote:

JC has seen the light...go forth young Cole...embrace the power you have witnessed...get off the yamaha kool-aid :lol:

PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 5:40 pm   
Team Member

Is there a "DOCTOR" in the house?

PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 9:18 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

OneCycle wrote:

Tough to argue with that actually...I'm not going to lie once the are DBR'd, Top Gun'd and Nass'd it's a badass motor...but it's pretty easy to have a badass motor when you have guys like that building cool parts that actually work. Us fishing motor guys don't have that option....hydro tec is a joke compared to...well..everyone else lol.

If I had to own a lesser brand it would be a 300xs...but I don't so there's that.. :mrgreen:

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 2:49 am   

Bad_Influence wrote:
I cut the fuel hose from The Merc Water/fuel separator.The fuel from the filter to the engine was Orange .I drained the gas thank and the fuel colour was normal

5 spark plugs powder black carbon and I wet and
Yes James Im Pain In The Ass

if the fuel in the tank is clear , I don't see a problem with the fuel. maybe discoloured from the filter or filter housing. nothing to worry about. if you have 5 rich plugs and one wet one . there is a seperate issue here
1 try a new set of plugs
2 the high pressure injection pump and injectors have micro basket filters in them . they are more than likely plugged and need to be serviced . this is more than likely your problem. good luck

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 4:08 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

v8 charged wrote:
Bad_Influence wrote:
I cut the fuel hose from The Merc Water/fuel separator.The fuel from the filter to the engine was Orange .I drained the gas thank and the fuel colour was normal

5 spark plugs powder black carbon and I wet and
Yes James Im Pain In The Ass

if the fuel in the tank is clear , I don't see a problem with the fuel. maybe discoloured from the filter or filter housing. nothing to worry about. if you have 5 rich plugs and one wet one . there is a seperate issue here
1 try a new set of plugs
2 the high pressure injection pump and injectors have micro basket filters in them . they are more than likely plugged and need to be serviced . this is more than likely your problem. good luck

Anything discoloring the fuel is a concern to me. If it is the filter (which would be odd in itself) than its rust. You may be right about the internal pump filters but again that's VERY rare on a low hour motor....and I believe they are non servicable in the eyes of yamaha so your dealer may not be any help.

I can run it on the laptop if you want to make the trip down here...

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 7:51 am   

there are certain additives that are in fuels today right from the refineries . some fuels after sitting in a tank , filter housing carburetor will discolour.
in this case everything is new so I cannot see contamination an issue. jmo

you can replace the micro basket filters that's what a fuel injection shop would do. rick you are right yamaha wants you to replace the high pressure pump and injectors

with poor popping pressure at the injectors the motor will surge and run rich , because the injectors cannot atomize the fuel properly. plugs will foul and wash the cylinders down.

checking it out with a lap top is a good idea rick , something that should of been done a month ago ,

these are my own opions , v8

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 11:16 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

v8 charged wrote:
there are certain additives that are in fuels today right from the refineries . some fuels after sitting in a tank , filter housing carburetor will discolour.
in this case everything is new so I cannot see contamination an issue. jmo

you can replace the micro basket filters that's what a fuel injection shop would do. rick you are right yamaha wants you to replace the high pressure pump and injectors

with poor popping pressure at the injectors the motor will surge and run rich , because the injectors cannot atomize the fuel properly. plugs will foul and wash the cylinders down.

checking it out with a lap top is a good idea rick , something that should of been done a month ago ,

these are my own opions , v8

My thought was he got some bad fuel which settled to the bottom and it sucked it up into the fuel system first...but like you said with today's fuel who the heck knows what's in there.

I realize that the pump and injectors are servicable...my warning was that the dealer won't likely know wtf they are even looking at when it comes to an HPDI lol. Their solution will be to start changing expensive parts..I know the dealer up there is relatively new so it's not likely they have much experience with these things. I'd still recheck the VST filter and if its not dirty than work your way up the line. Do the plugs as per V8 otherwise you're gonna need someone that has the program to look at it.

You're welcome to bring it down and I can go through it...I have a few in for service right now so you may have to leave it with me....and be patient because I'm slow lol.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 12:00 pm   
Team Member

I think the best advice I heard one time from someone ;) was go to the back of the boat remove the transom bolt nuts.. push.. and then go see the gun! :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next