NEW T850/T750 BOATS!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 9:12 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

he never answers his phones.. ever.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 9:14 pm   

I love the idea of a new boat design. Im very interested to see what they come up with and may very well be the first customer.

I'm all for the lemans start, I think it makes the race much more exciting and also because I find it completely stupid when half the field is disqualified for jumping a start over 1 or 2 seconds. this would eliminate that problem. As for people holding the boats. there is tons of people around for the races who are more then willing to help out when asked. And i think that even goes for helping plan the races or help out in other ways at the races. Just need to ask.

As far as trophy's I'm in complete agreement that something is needed to award the winners of each race a generic plaque or something. And then maybe a more personable award for end of season point leaders(name engraved). Cost is f*** all and i think anyone who races would be more then willing to pitch in another 20 bucks on there fees to get awards. If you can afford a race boat you can afford the extra 20 bucks. And im sure many marinas around the race sites would be willing to sponser the races. Brp dealerships, Yamaha dealerships and so on. they may even provide equipment for the weekend to help keep costs down.

Six Mile Lake

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 9:18 pm   
Team Member

OneCycle wrote:
he never answers his phones.. ever.

Hence the address...

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 8:05 am   
Team Member

Trophies... It's all find and dandy... I've had them made for many years. Last year I said I don't have time. No one stepped up to do anything. If you want stuff like this, come to meetings and volunteer and follow through.

Shirts.... same story... I've made and sold shirts for almost 10 years for the club. This is a great revenue maker for the club and people get a great keepsake of the season or event. Last year I said I don't have time. Some people stepped up but dropped the ball. Volunters are needed. Or make a deal with the club that you want a percentage of money from shirts sold or something. I know lugging around boxes of shirts and keeping them nice is not easy.

Just coming to one meeting a winter doesn't cut it. People have to show up to all the meetings and help out. As Jason said... there are about 5 people to do 99% of the work. They get burned out. Many hands make light work.

Did anyone here go to the TORC meeting a week ago?

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 8:32 am   

The problem with the meetings are(at least for me) its a 2 hour drive for me to go, One way. Im sure its the same issue with alot of people on here. I drive enough for work last thing i want to do when i get home is jump back in the truck and drive another 4 hours. Im willing to help out. But to make all the meetings it be pretty hard.

Six Mile Lake

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 8:39 am   
Team Member

This the case for many people. Other ways you can get involved to accomplish tasks are:

- talk to the exectutive directly a fwe days prior a meeting and relay your thoughts from the posted agenda
- ask to join in on skype internet meetings or phone confereneces
- write an email to exectutive stating how you'd like to help out
- write in an agenda topic so your ideas are conveyed to the members in attendance and discussed.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 8:58 am   
TORC VP

Reinhard>>>>

I drive over two hours each way to attend the meetings.... I know how you feel but you don't always have to attend the be heard or help out. Everything that Andrew just said works great. I have posted the agenda's and asked for feed back on this site and not one person has replied. I have asked for nominations and suggestions and not one person has stepped up.....

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 4:51 pm   
Team Member

HOOPER RACING wrote:
Hey guys just testing the waters ! What do you guys think of Running Dock or Beach starts next year? It will change the competition completely. Lamans starts with a commitment pin is how it's done!

Will this work?

PostPosted: October 18th, 2013, 5:21 pm   
Team Member

Depends on which guys you ask, the ones in the boat or the ones behind... lol
My preference... Lemans start or a variation of it
I think the crowd would appreciate something different and the announcer would have something new to pitch.
My 2 cents.