It is currently October 6th, 2024, 6:27 am

Yamaha VMAX owners HELP!!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 16th, 2013, 8:38 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Bad_Influence wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
Is there an anti siphon valve in the fuel tank? It will be in the fitting attached to the tank.

And ditch the 25 micron merc filter and use the 10 micron yamaha filter...it was designed for the HPDI.

That 10 micron Yamaha filter is way to long to put it anywher in the AE21 L.O.L.

... you ask questions, then never listen to the guys that know why your motor sucks the cock. seriously man get a grip your motor needs good fuel filtration before the fuel gets to the motor. its just the way these yamaha's are.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 16th, 2013, 9:39 am   
Team Member

Bad_Influence wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
Is there an anti siphon valve in the fuel tank? It will be in the fitting attached to the tank.

And ditch the 25 micron merc filter and use the 10 micron yamaha filter...it was designed for the HPDI.

That 10 micron Yamaha filter is way to long to put it anywher in the AE21 L.O.L.

I believe you can buy a sierra element for the merc base that is 10 micron and is shorter.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2013, 11:11 am   
Team Member

OneCycle wrote:
Bad_Influence wrote:
DoktorC wrote:

... you ask questions, then never listen to the guys that know why your motor sucks the cock. seriously man get a grip your motor needs good fuel filtration before the fuel gets to the motor. its just the way these yamaha's are.

I have Been Listening To the Guys from this site L>M>A>O>

PostPosted: October 10th, 2013, 11:22 am   

I would try pouring seafoam directly into the water/fuel separator filter on the motor and run it through and see if it helps. It might just clean out anything gunked up thru the motor including the injectors. Then run high test always just to keep the 'ethanol' out which melts rubber parts and causes havoc.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2013, 2:30 pm   
Team Member

the only ethanol free gas available in our general area up here is Shell super. Not always available on the water.

Steve

PostPosted: October 11th, 2013, 9:25 am   

so lets back track here Charlie. your yami was running great ,you changed your spark plugs sometime ago. you had a surging problem. you changed your filters . you had a leaking fuel tank. you found black contamination in your fuel system. then it was hard to start . now it runs on 3 cylinders. ( maybe not in this order ? )

1. so check to see if all cylinders have a good strong spark. if ok I would start from 0 and go through the fuel system again.
2. if 3 cylinders only have spark correct that problem.
3. otherwise at this point I would seriously consider. taking it to a experienced tech. maybe DOC and have it diagnosed correctly.
4. if you leave it over the winter and the injection system is contamined . a lot more severe damage may occur over the winter. I would fix this issue before you winterize the boat. piece of mind.

these are just my opinions. v8

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: October 11th, 2013, 9:33 am   

v8 charged wrote:
so lets back track here Charlie. your yami was running great ,you changed your spark plugs sometime ago. you had a surging problem. you changed your filters . you had a leaking fuel tank. you found black contamination in your fuel system. then it was hard to start . now it runs on 3 cylinders. ( maybe not in this order ? )

1. so check to see if all cylinders have a good strong spark. if ok I would start from 0 and go through the fuel system again.
2. if 3 cylinders only have spark correct that problem.
3. otherwise at this point I would seriously consider. taking it to a experienced tech. maybe DOC and have it diagnosed correctly.
4. if you leave it over the winter and the injection system is contamined . a lot more severe damage may occur over the winter. I would fix this issue before you winterize the boat. piece of mind.

these are just my opinions. v8

X2 you dont want anything growing in your fuel system over the winter,,make sure everything is cleared and sea foam the snot out of it.. :lol:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph