It is currently October 6th, 2024, 12:16 pm

I NEED A DOCTOR!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 11:04 pm   

I'm still learning to drive the boat..speed isn't my concern...as far as the price goes..it was fair originally Boomer..look at the cost of all that is going with it..lol No animosity here but you did strike a nerve..i could accept that comment from anyone on here..but you.
Your post suggests im trying to ask more than my shit is worth.....i sell my parts etc cheaper than anyone you will find...because i rather see stuff being used and people having good running motors. I have my day job that makes me more than enough to live on.. But for YOU to say my price is too high??? How much were you trying to sell your blown up ficht for...what about the blown up 2.4??? Im asking less for a perfect mint cond motor with spare everything...than you are for two anchors! I know excel gearcases aren't on everyone's shelf either and they are likely worth 500-600 without the lwp. ..I'm sure I could get that for it..I did the math of what all these parts cost to buy at a fair price and I believe a fair price for my motor alone in its condition is 3000-3500 with the regular foot on it.
Add digital guages prob another 400-500 , the tank..50 bucks? But betting its 300 at yamaha.
The controls you told me the cheapest you found online was 300..now go find some 6k701 heads for sale. 6k701 carbs and an Excel tuner and exhaust sleeve....the gaskets alone are 300 plus tax...unless you are a yamaha dealer...a coned lower and a spare excel lower..both working flawlessly. Now get them installed...
When you find all the prices and put em together..I don't think you will find my price of 4500 too out of line.
Then just humour me and ask Dok what he would charge to do all that work..lol After all that..you sell the heads and carbs and exhaust to a guy with a 150 prov motor and make $500+ back..or someone who rebuilt their motor and needs good 200 heads or carbs..
I paid for all that stuff..indirectly...but I did. I sold a rebuilt motor for $2000 and took that as partial trade when I was asking 3500 for the motor. So technically it cost me 1000 for the parts So I was just looking at the value and asking what I thought was fair...now my price is beyond cheap for what someone would get. if I sit on it..I bet you the motor itself that I can sell it for 4500 in the spring in less than 2 weeks. And ill still get another $500 to install it! You're giving me your merc tank..your a good shit..but you say some dick things sometimes lol! And for on here.. $4500 is a little steep..but its market value...you post shit at market value and let people work you down so they feel they accomplished something. ...but now at $3000.that's nearly giving it away...its not a fair price..its way below a fair price...dollar store prices compared to you who asked $2000 for a broken ficht motor and after being told that way way out of line to ask..you asked 2000 for a regilar old 2.4 merc thats blown up too. Guys but blown 280's for 2000..not run of thw mill 2.4's or espexially not a ficht with a window in the block...i can get 5 fichts with holes in the block..complete motors with gearcases for 2000! And you asked this from the same people you are telling me I should be giving better deals to... Maybe a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black??
Either way...I sold the jcraft today..so I don't "need" to sell this motor now...I'm probably gonna find a lighter stream to put it on as my toy. Ill still let it go for that price for a couple more days..but only because I punlicly offered that price. Its worth more than $3000 and I'll probably winterize it now and hang it in my garage. This fall someone will be giving away a nice boat with a blown up motor. ..and ill buy myself a second toy...set it all up and sell it in the spring for what its worth.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 11:52 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Clearly theres some Tension....lol

79j, if you ever meet boomer that wouldnt have struck a nerve .. lol... he comes in peace... everyone knows 4500 is reasonable..

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 12:08 am   

:lol:guess what i payed for my excel and my 2006 lower unit :lol: and what other real excels and provs sell for on this site with the work done already and not in a basket,, sorry for striking a nerve,, .. my 2.4l is getting rebuilt, and my ficht is still for sale and i still want $1500, or a new power head.. yes.. i just wan to see you get the motor you want and think if you asked $3000 you would have an easier time moving it,, you say you want it gone "NOW" so price it to sell,, and i was at doks house tonight talking to him about all of this,, he suggests and i agree you would have an easier time selling that pro v on its own without the pile of parts with it.......,, iv already offered to buy some excel parts, dok already offered to buy the crank and dubber offered to buy the lower without a lwp, so..... if you want to get your shit sold maby you should listen to us,, were not trying to offend you but we are all like you we arent going to pay market value ,, shit i wont even pay wholesale value,.. so throw the lwp lower on the pro v, sell it and we will take your parts

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 12:28 am   

[quote="79jcraft" Guys but blown 280's for 2000..[/quote] find me a blown 280 id gladly pay 2000,, :roll:

not run of thw mill 2.4's or espexially not a ficht with a window in the block..[/quote] fict doesnt have a window it has a crack, might even be repairable now that iv been into a motor and see what is wrong,, it needs a front case half reed cage and crank at minimum, but since you think parts are worth 1/4 of what a dealer asks,, whats a lower unit worth???????pan? cowl>? trim? the guys telling me it wasnt worth anything are the same guys that tryed offering me everything but the kitchen sink to get it from me.. so go back to that forum and tell them to s*** ** ***k

[/quote]This fall someone will be giving away a nice boat with a blown up motor. ..and ill buy myself a second toy...set it all up and sell it in the spring for what its worth.[/quote] buy my baker or trade me parts... :lol:

i really want to get that ficht running now.. :lol: 2.4l will be back together running soon and sold on my baker...,

Last edited by BoomerMuskoka on September 11th, 2013, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 12:35 am   

here we go again .lol lol . do I here an echo . :lol: :lol: :lol:

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 12:44 am   

v8 charged wrote:
here we go again .lol lol . do I here an echo . :lol: :lol: :lol:

you really should see a Doctor about those echoes in your head,,. :lol:

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 12:46 am   

:lol: :lol: :D

1981 charger dl v8 sold

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 1:23 am   

As I said..I have no problem with yiu which is why I don't mind telling you to shivenit up your ass haha
My price was fair..you act like I was selling a basket of oarts and calling it a motor! Its a perfectky running engine with parts that can make it much more powerful. If nobody touches this motor with a wrench it will run perfect for years to come. Only I already swapped everything except the carbs. I'm back working on the jcraft to have it picked up in the morning. Anxious to do a compression test..but I left my comp tester in the bed of my truck and it met its demise when a gt200 powerhead found its way out of its little corner I halfassed strapped it in..and rolled over it while I was halfway through the sweetest drift this afternoon when I went to grab smokes at the store...little rain..shut off traction control and my boring silverado turns into a drift car lol (best run on sentence ever btw)
But ya boomer..your an ass..haha but so am I..we will likely get along well..
Dok..if you are at bogbash I have that crank out of the block and ready dir you (no charge) boomer ill bring the block... anyone else need shitboff it just lemme know. There are 5 rods n pistons that are A1 ..dok I think I said you could have those too..just somebody teach me how to drive my boat fast and safe and ill xonsider it payment..
Boomer...how much did u pay for the foot with the nose cone anyway?

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 2:27 am   

79jcraft wrote:
As I said..I have no problem with yiu which is why I don't mind telling you to shivenit up your ass haha
My price was fair..you act like I was selling a basket of oarts and calling it a motor! Its a perfectky running engine with parts that can make it much more powerful. If nobody touches this motor with a wrench it will run perfect for years to come. Only I already swapped everything except the carbs. I'm back working on the jcraft to have it picked up in the morning. Anxious to do a compression test..but I left my comp tester in the bed of my truck and it met its demise when a gt200 powerhead found its way out of its little corner I halfassed strapped it in..and rolled over it while I was halfway through the sweetest drift this afternoon when I went to grab smokes at the store...little rain..shut off traction control and my boring silverado turns into a drift car lol (best run on sentence ever btw)
But ya boomer..your an ass..haha but so am I..we will likely get along well..
Dok..if you are at bogbash I have that crank out of the block and ready dir you (no charge) boomer ill bring the block... anyone else need shitboff it just lemme know. There are 5 rods n pistons that are A1 ..dok I think I said you could have those too..just somebody teach me how to drive my boat fast and safe and ill xonsider it payment..
Boomer...how much did u pay for the foot with the nose cone anyway?

come too 5 gallon bay 21-22 dok will be at that one seeing he's the host :lol: i dont now if i'll make it too the bash, it still up in the air,, i got my lower for $250, ;) and ya i know what there worth. :lol: i wasnt trying to tell you what your motor is worth , but i gave you some comparisons of similar motors sold on this site,,, and said if you want it to sell fast price it to sell fast.. or sit on it . . :D and i dont think drifting around with motor blocks in your pickup is a good way to advertise motors for sale :lol:

PostPosted: September 11th, 2013, 8:10 am   

This one ain't for sale lol its blowed up! Another fake vro vicrim...my guess is bad gas. Poor vro got such a bad name and if people knew how simple the design is..they would realize they actually work pretty well IF it gets maintained yearly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next