It is currently September 28th, 2024, 6:20 am

My Triad.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 11:11 am   
Team Member

He does a parimeter weld around the whole cone and only uses minimal epoxy filler . Then he paints with imron. It looks amazing.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 3:22 pm   
Team Member

Mitchie....That looks awesome. 2 thumbs up :D
Sorry I missed the unveiling. You must be gawking at it like a brand new 80" plasma TV.

12' tinny - 9.9 merc

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2013, 12:01 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Mitchie , how did the Setback work????????????

PostPosted: July 19th, 2013, 8:54 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

OneCycle wrote:

Had too go to another site find out that your gear case is having issues... :shock: Down time in High July really sucks not too mention the cost involved :cry: ... Sooo what are you going to do... fix it or get another one ?

You have had a few different set back's on that Triad, what does she like ?
What did the 10" set back do for ya ?

PostPosted: July 19th, 2013, 9:38 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

KAL Racing wrote:
OneCycle wrote:

Had too go to another site find out that your gear case is having issues... :shock: Down time in High July really sucks not too mention the cost involved :cry: ... Sooo what are you going to do... fix it or get another one ?

I recieved a late night call from Mitch...he was lounging on the deck of the 34 Soup Bowl...(something about him being King of the World....I dunno)...so I wouldn't expect a coherent response from him for 2 maybe 3 days....

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: July 19th, 2013, 8:10 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:
OneCycle wrote:

I recieved a late night call from Mitch...he was lounging on the deck of the 34 Soup Bowl...(something about him being King of the World....I dunno)...so I wouldn't expect a coherent response from him for 2 maybe 3 days....

Yes I suspect that this will be both the beginning and end of transient boaters welcome in Owen Sound's inner harbour :)

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: July 19th, 2013, 10:19 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

dubber wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:
OneCycle wrote:

Yes I suspect that this will be both the beginning and end of transient boaters welcome in Owen Sound's inner harbour :)

I'm sure he's still asleep under the back seat and will pop out and surprise SuperDave in tobermory :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: July 26th, 2013, 1:30 pm   
Team Member

I did not even see these new comments.. lol.

Ken.. I had the skeg welded(very small half inch crack) by a very gifted friend of mine. I cut off the extended torque tamer and we built it up with weld and made the base of a torque tamer all the way up to the bottom of the bullet. I know this is a no-no... But I frankly don't buy the welded shit anymore if you are running it the entire height of the skeg. Take this as a warning... If you're scared of my skeg.... Either don't ride with me or stay clear of my right hand side when running. I can find no stories of people having a welded skeg snap off and cause a mess.. I can however find lots of stories of unwelded skegs breaking.
I ran about 70 miles last night with 4 people in the boat at atleast 60mph and topped out a little over 90mph and the skeg is still perfect. Call me what you want.. But that's what I have to say.

I'll take pictures.. It looks nice.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2013, 1:43 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

mitchie wrote:
I did not even see these new comments.. lol.

Ken.. I had the skeg welded(very small half inch crack) by a very gifted friend of mine. I cut off the extended torque tamer and we built it up with weld and made the base of a torque tamer all the way up to the bottom of the bullet. I know this is a no-no... But I frankly don't buy the welded shit anymore if you are running it the entire height of the skeg. Take this as a warning... If you're scared of my skeg.... Either don't ride with me or stay clear of my right hand side when running. I can find no stories of people having a welded skeg snap off and cause a mess.. I can however find lots of stories of unwelded skegs breaking.
I ran about 70 miles last night with 4 people in the boat at atleast 60mph and topped out a little over 90mph and the skeg is still perfect. Call me what you want.. But that's what I have to say.

I'll take pictures.. It looks nice.

I call you all kinds of shit and it has nothing to do with your welded skeg....You know I sell welded aluminum boats ALL day long..luckily hulls don't get beat on :roll: .

You know my stand on repairing a skeg....keep on truckin' dude.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2013, 9:04 am   
Team Member

Here is my newly contoured skeg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next