It is currently September 29th, 2024, 2:29 am

VPR CLASS ...T850...T750...GT30...DIVISIONS...Moving Forward

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 8:15 am   
Team Member

[quote="Hevi] Haha, this sounds pretty interesting. Has anyone ever tried this in boat racing? I always wondered what it would be like to have a pace boat NASCAR style start. I like the Lemans start. The clock start really isn't that appealing to me but maybe once I get some experience with it, I may think differently about it.[/quote]

If you get good at the clock start, you will like it better than the Lemans. It is another skill to master. Several racers did some tests with the NASCAR start, but it was never used in a race because it was not part of the rules. The rules for the start NASCAR are simple. The front row sets the pace to the starting line. The clock is still used as the start. You can have a choice of 2 rules at the start for the other rows. [1] you must keep in your row until your row passes the starting line or [2] as soon as the front row passes the starting line your can pass. IF you use number [2] the start doesn't look any different to a normal clock start. Number [1] is the best option because it spreads the field out and immediately there is passing. That is the reason for more laps. The fastest boats [they are only slightly faster] have a lot of boats to pass to get to the front. Because the group is set slowest to fastest it is a massive rush to the front of the pack. Unlike a normal race where it becomes a parade, this parade may never happen. Our T races have proven that the fastest/quickest T boat doesn't always win. Experience will be the key factor, plus a spotter with radio communicate is an advantage.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 11:04 am   
Team Member

HOW ABOUT THIS IDEA
We try this NASCAR start....AS A TEST...NO POINTS AWARDED....$100.00 to the winner, a trophy and bragging rights.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2013, 9:56 am   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Sounds fun. Where would you try this? ACBS maybe?

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)