It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:35 am

Drag Prop Talk

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: October 30th, 2012, 6:30 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Dougw wrote:
talonkid wrote:
There was a panther that was pretty close though :lol:

Hmmmm..Maybe the Panther needs a few more hp to wake her up.....like a 300xs with DBR kit. ;)

That should do it ...Too good on fuel though... and its kinda quiet ...you won't like it... :P

Back on topic...
I really like Nort's 26" Yammy Drag or did I really like Himagain's 28" Drag 4...
Both hit the limiter real fast...
Both events I was on the trailer real fast...
Still had a blast...
But that was the past...
Now I want too go fast...
Don't want too get passed
What a Blast...
What a poor attempt at a poem.. :oops:

Question: Are you allowed to raise the limiter in a stock class ? If so I think I would get a Real Yammy Drag 24" get it worked for my particular application... "The White Elephant"

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 30th, 2012, 6:52 pm   
TORC VP

I believe that for a lake racer class yes you can change the limiter....however Odba doesn't let you do it for the green stock class

PostPosted: October 30th, 2012, 7:47 pm   
Team Member

Ken have you tried a real 24-26 ET ?
If you added some planing aid to the hull and cav plate you could get rolling much faster. If the TORC Drags got to a state where weight is needed to be added to classes then we can equalize the power and hopefully the winners

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: October 30th, 2012, 8:49 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Jeff Yammer wrote:
If you added some planing aid to the hull and cav plate you could get rolling much faster. If the TORC Drags got to a state where weight is needed to be added to classes then we can equalize the power and hopefully the winners

Would like to try a small ET
A skid planner and a cav plate would be the ticket too get her out of the hole a little better for sure... Maybe Mitchie will start building them... I want one Mitchie... :)
A scale would be needed...

PostPosted: October 30th, 2012, 9:00 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

KAL Racing wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:

Would like to try a small ET
A skid planner and a cav plate would be the ticket too get her out of the hole a little better for sure... Maybe Mitchie will start building them... I want one Mitchie... :)
A scale would be needed...

I dont see an issue....

PostPosted: October 30th, 2012, 9:04 pm   
Team Member

Jeff Yammer wrote:

In the Lake Racer class can you run a drag plate as per the rules?

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: October 30th, 2012, 10:37 pm   
Team Member

dubber wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:

In the Lake Racer class can you run a drag plate as per the rules?

Yes sir you can. Rules are mainly based on motor combinations. Any innovation you can add to your boat to help it all the better.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: October 31st, 2012, 7:36 am   
Team Member

Question:
How can the lake racer guys be more competitive with stock limiters. Even using a 24 pitch prop - which is slow out of the hole for a stock 200/225, we are at redline ( 6700-6900) at approx the 500 - 600 foot mark? Are there any fancy variable pitch prop - say a 22-26 pitch available - that are legal?

12' tinny - 9.9 merc

PostPosted: October 31st, 2012, 8:23 am   

When I ran lake racer class. I ran a 23 yamaha drag. A pitched down 24. I had a 260 and it hit the wall around 9300. I did a lot of work to the prop to get it there.. This was an Allison ss.
800' is a blast. If you guys are running a limiter, I dont know how you can compete.
Lake racer is no joke. props win races for sure... Hard to beat a yamaha drag on an Allison for racing. Also a stock yamaha drag doesn't run great. You have to put somes time into them. If you buy 3 new drag props all 3 will run slightly different. There are a lot of tricks to loosen a prop up, or tighten it up. Usual when you work one to come out of the hole you loose a little top end. Work it for top end, and you loose a little on the bottom. Sounds like you guys are all catching the race bug.... That is awesome... I hope I can make it up there this year to run with you guys......

Roy

PostPosted: October 31st, 2012, 8:44 am   
Team Member

Dougw wrote:
Question:
How can the lake racer guys be more competitive with stock limiters. Even using a 24 pitch prop - which is slow out of the hole for a stock 200/225, we are at redline ( 6700-6900) at approx the 500 - 600 foot mark? Are there any fancy variable pitch prop - say a 22-26 pitch available - that are legal?

Suicidealli wrote:
If you guys are running a limiter, I dont know how you can compete.
Lake racer is no joke.

Roy

i think this is were there needs to be a fishing motor class,... as unless you want to spin you 200 ,promax or rice burner etc to 9000rpm just for fun.. to keep up with the race motors

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next