It is currently May 8th, 2024, 10:55 pm

Drag Racing 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 10:59 am   
TORC VP

I wanted to get this started as soon as possible. We would like to get more boats to come out and race for the 2013 season.

I know there are guys out there that might like race but don't think that they would be competitive with their fast lake boat. Guess what.... You are wrong. Some of the best and closest racing we have had in the past has been between Lake boats. Tou would be amazed at what your boat will do with a small prop.....

If you are worried that you don't have the right prop we have a solution for that too a group of us are talking about getting some props together that will belong to the community and can be loned out to who ever would like to try their hand at racing.

So what we would like is to get the intrest going. We also try and hold an infromal testing day where we can set a course and have the start lights on hand so that new guys could try it out.

Regarless we want to get the intest up and the praticipation up the only way to make this better is to get more boats. The more boats we have the more classes we can run and the closer and more competitive the racing will be.

What do you need for the basics?

A Boat

A Life line or race type Life Jacket (if you don't have one we can find you one to borrow so you can try racing)

AKill switch that cuts both the motor and fuel pump

A small prop 20-24 pitch (we can find one for you)

Lets get this going! If you are intrested or know someone that might be, or if you just have some quetions this is the place to talk about it and come try it out. Best of all you get to spend a weekend with great people playing with your boat , and watching some grate racing with Drags Hydros, and T boats!

Lets start at list of possible drag boats for next season!! Add your self to the list if you are intrested. We willl do what ever we can to help you out.

Current boats

Blake
Archer
Fibertron
Top Gun
Dok
North Base
Himagain
Biglow
Ken
P@
Momo
Bmax
Anthony SS
Ed Rybeki

Boats I would like to see
Mitchie
Dubber
Wildcat
V8 Charged
Shaun (Lives by wildcat)
Lee
Riots
James Cole

Last edited by Himagain on October 16th, 2012, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 12:30 pm   
Team Member

You need to add "James Cole" to your list... M.R.S. rice power!!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 1:21 pm   
TORC VP

Done! Thanks paul

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 1:37 pm   
TORC VP

This is a good starting list. We have to potential to have 20+ Boats

Remember there are 3 lose classes at the moment

F1

F2

Lake Racer

The goal is to split what ever boats show up to make the most competitive groupings. As this grows and we have more boats we can explore adding classes to keep the racing as competitive as possible and as Fair as possible!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 1:40 pm   
Team Member

For anyone looking to get into racing or any of you guys that already are, I've got a cheap 22" HOSS drag prop for sale.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 1:47 pm   
TORC VP

We have come back from Jasper with a ton of Idea's to make our racing better and easier. To make things go smother on the water as well. I am looking forward to next season it is going to be so much better then the last 2. If we get enough boats we can have more events!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 1:49 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I really want to drag. money will be tight this winter there's Motor work and work getting done to the challenger plus the cost of the M.R.S motor build. not much has to be done to the Valero.

whats the first race?

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 1:56 pm   
TORC VP

Gravenhurst should be the first race. Let us know what you need... Might not be able to help with rice parts for you never know!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 2:37 pm   
Team Member

Ill be running. Missed this season. Lol.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 3:35 pm   
Team Member

I want nothing more than to race... Unfortunately the word race gives my wife a panic attack. I like the idea of having a home and boat and not living in my mom's basement... So... No racing for me. I'm allll TALK!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next