It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:01 am

OPBRA 2018 Rules

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 PostPosted: March 19th, 2018, 6:12 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
i would comment but im trying to avoid receiving any more death threats. :lol: :cry:

Hey that $7 trophy is important pal lol. Maybe we'll all chip in and get some extras...that way nobody loses!! :mrgreen:

Where does Mitch line up for autographs?? I know he wants Boomers...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: March 19th, 2018, 9:40 pm   

KAL Racing wrote:
:? maybe we can continue to have some open dialogue about the rule :shock: … I have a lot of questions... :mrgreen:
This in not a Rant kids, so feel free to share your opinions :roll: … For some reason it is frowned on by some to post on a forum with respect to the rules and some consider it stirring the pot and its Not... stand up and pee … and lets hear it ! :mrgreen:

Well I'm going to stand up and throw out some questions to the forum.
first... I'm one of many people that was not able to make the drivers meeting in November, for me I need to make money so I can try and beat people in formula.
-I'm really not against the whole 15" mid section but I never knew in a "stock" class you could have an after market mid section..
next
- this has been my biggest concern since I started racing (either being a bi-stander, or racer) but a weight limit. why hasn't this been brought up more...? Ive read the new rule... "Class rules may change at any time to allow for equality and growth
Any winner of 3 consecutive race days will be required to add 50 lbs". the rule is fair... but what bugs me is Greg and his 1200 lbs allison. Sorry Greg not to throw you under the bus but you and your boat are lighter than all Lake racer boats. In my opinion so we can allow " Equality and Growth" is to have a minimum weight limit.
hopefully instead of this forum blowing up, can we talk like adults and come to a conclusion. Even if this can be a side note for next years rule updates that would be much appreciated. I want to see other winners in formula instead of it being greg 5 years in a row.. kinda boring...

PostPosted: March 20th, 2018, 9:21 am   
Team Member

RFotes wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:
:? maybe we can continue to have some open dialogue about the rule :shock: … I have a lot of questions... :mrgreen:
This in not a Rant kids, so feel free to share your opinions :roll: … For some reason it is frowned on by some to post on a forum with respect to the rules and some consider it stirring the pot and its Not... stand up and pee … and lets hear it ! :mrgreen:

Well I'm going to stand up and throw out some questions to the forum.
first... I'm one of many people that was not able to make the drivers meeting in November, for me I need to make money so I can try and beat people in formula.
-I'm really not against the whole 15" mid section but I never knew in a "stock" class you could have an after market mid section..
next
- this has been my biggest concern since I started racing (either being a bi-stander, or racer) but a weight limit. why hasn't this been brought up more...? Ive read the new rule... "Class rules may change at any time to allow for equality and growth
Any winner of 3 consecutive race days will be required to add 50 lbs". the rule is fair... but what bugs me is Greg and his 1200 lbs allison. Sorry Greg not to throw you under the bus but you and your boat are lighter than all Lake racer boats. In my opinion so we can allow " Equality and Growth" is to have a minimum weight limit.
hopefully instead of this forum blowing up, can we talk like adults and come to a conclusion. Even if this can be a side note for next years rule updates that would be much appreciated. I want to see other winners in formula instead of it being greg 5 years in a row.. kinda boring...

Ryan, OPBRA has a full rules committee now with four members. These guys put together some rules and changes for the 2018 season that were discussed at length. One of them was a weight minimum for Formula. There was an STV in Formula this year that did beat Greg in a heat. That boat was also in question regarding rules but was allowed to run. One of the issue that came up with a weight class in Formula is it could turn away prospective newcomers. V21's and similar boats were discussed. Trying to get these types of boats out to race is a challenge as they typically have more than 225hp but are well over 2000lbs. Where do you put them to allow them to be competitive? Some boats just don't fit in to a prescribed class but OPBRA will look at all potential competitors and try to make them fit.
I am one of the most vocal "devil's advocates" at any of our meetings. Rules are written and, as in all aspects of life, interpretation is individual. It is the collective masses of ALL those involved to discuss and reach consensus.
The focus of the Executive right now is getting our event planning finalized so we can start promoting and recruiting.
The Rules committee is at your disposal for questions, clarifications and/or suggestions. Send them an email to info@opbra.ca and identify it as Tech related.
Dean, Rob, Shaun and Craig would be happy to deliberate and reply.

As always, thanks for participating. It's the Racers that make the show great for our spectators.
The buzz is already happening for the upcoming year.

p.s. - Wait till you see our new Safety boat - "RESCUE 1"

PostPosted: March 20th, 2018, 10:13 am   
Team Member

Awesome on RESCUE 1 !!!!!

PostPosted: March 20th, 2018, 11:29 am   

Wake me when there's a 3.0L 'Tuna Barge' class and I'll bring my 225 out.

ISO Barefoot Sanger OB

PostPosted: March 20th, 2018, 1:10 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

;) Nice try Brent :| … but sounds like BS to me as to why no weight limit, weight matters ! :roll: … and how many colours of grey are there in Lake Racer ?
:idea: Why try and reinvent the rules… The US clubs have been fighting for over 20 years to get their rules where they are to have FAIR racing …

PostPosted: March 20th, 2018, 1:41 pm   

KAL Racing wrote:
;) Nice try Brent :| … but sounds like BS to me as to why no weight limit, weight matters ! :roll: … and how many colours of grey are there in Lake Racer ?
:idea: Why try and reinvent the rules… The US clubs have been fighting for over 20 years to get their rules where they are to have FAIR racing …

at least 4 kenny . i think if the rules that were discussed at the meeting were the only rules that changed they would have far less complaints from the racers that feel that meeting was a waist of time, breath and brain cells..

they do need to mirror the american club rules so they can come race with us and we can go race with them.. none of our rules are remotely close to any of the classes state side.. specifically the compresssion rule giving a drag 180 psi against a 260 with any amount of compression is not a mirror of any rule state side.. 32 vs 26 was agreed on at the meeting and voted on and then manipulated by this "rule commity" thats supposed to keep thing fair but indsted has 7 hands shoved up the lead puppets ass..

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: March 20th, 2018, 5:29 pm   
Team Member

Gents, I implore you to compose and email to the association with your recommendations.
The rules are written on paper and are available to be changed (following due process) for the betterment of racing.
If you want a rule revisited, please also submit your resolution or proposed change.
Commenting "I just don't like it" does nothing to forward the issue.
If the review of your submissions are accepted by consensus, we have the ability to amend the rule(s) for a race, or each race, of the season.
Always willing to discuss over the phone too.

For the last three years, the US has had representation from 2 or 3 of our racers. Last year, only one.
This year, it appears we have up to 10 racers from the US coming north to race with us!!
We already have one with a paid membership to OPBRA!!
That is great news for the sport, overall.

I for one will say I will be representing at Jasper this year.
If there is no class for my boat I will help out and spectate.
Anyone else plan on representing?

On another note, someone text my home phone asking about fuel cell sizes for Modified.
Whoever that was, if you're on here, please use my cell or message me on here. Thanks.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2018, 6:52 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Rowboat wrote:
Gents, I implore you to compose and email to the association with your recommendations.
The rules are written on paper and are available to be changed (following due process) for the betterment of racing.
If you want a rule revisited, please also submit your resolution or proposed change.
If the review of your submissions are accepted by consensus, we have the ability to amend the rule(s) for a race, or each race, of the season.

Rob knows better and so should Ted by now ... ;)
I deleted some of your post Rowboat because that has nothing to do with... well nothing ! :roll:

PostPosted: March 20th, 2018, 10:57 pm   

KAL Racing wrote:
Rowboat wrote:
The rules are written on paper and are available to be changed (following due process) for the betterment of 7 choice individuals.

Rob knows better and so should Ted by now ... ;)
I deleted some of your post Rowboat because that has nothing to do with... well nothing ! :roll:

you mean if your submissions are accepted by the group of 7 .. cause thats likely going to happen :roll:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next