It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 8:48 pm

Start Boat

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 5th, 2015, 1:12 pm   
Team Member

First and foremost a huge thanks to the Keeling's for all of their support as always for things you know about and most importantly for the things behind the scenes.
THANK YOU !!!!!!!

I'd really like to have a weekend of work done to the start boat. Let's spend some time on the boat that Greg let's us use to get her into tip top shape. If we get to it and it needs wood let's repair it. . if it needs wiring or a new battery let's get it done and bought ..... heck let's make a side panel to sell sponsorship ......

We need four real weight anchors for the boat. New anchor rope. With Greg's ok is like to buy two different sets of LED lights. One set will be yellow and one set green. The yellow will be used to slow a lane down coming in for the start and a green to signal the start. LED 12v lights will not drain the battery and allow for easier mounting options that won't involve a stand anymore. I'll wire up a switch box that will have a yellow switch button for each lane and a toggle to hit green to start.

If Greg is ok with this we can not only bring the shop back to its original glory but also better serve the drags with less hassle.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 5th, 2015, 10:19 pm   
Team Member

I good with all of the above!
A 2 battery set up should provide enough reserve power to run a full set of LED start lights.
Who's up for some Aluminum fab work? New railings would be ideal and the thought of selling adverts on the sides has been talked about before. I think I've got a couple of local businesses interested already.
What size anchors you thinkin? I can pour whatever weight you want....down side is someone has to pull em up.
Let's get it all sorted out and get to it once the snow is gone (after it gets here....of course).

PostPosted: December 5th, 2015, 10:51 pm   

I can help out with the aluminum fab let me know what you have in mind.