It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 6:12 am

2015 Gravenhurst

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PostPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 11:26 pm   

keep pointing fingers at me jeff.. looks real good on you, i did none of the things the way you describe.. and here we are Back too the dock.. :roll:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Last edited by BoomerMuskoka on July 6th, 2015, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 11:28 pm   

allstock wrote:
Having been involved at various levels over the last thirty years in car drag racing/oval racing, snowmobile drag racing/cross country/radar runs/oval racing, boat racing of various forms/poker runs etc, it always comes down to the same shit. Everybody's ego ALWAYS gets in the way, the same few people make/break/bend the rules, the rule makers bitch, the rule followers bitch, the cheaters bitch, and eventually there is so few people interested it dies off. The "official" type racers scoff at the "Sandbar/parking lot/radar track" type and vice versa, everybody's dick and/or wallet comes out to see who has the fattest, fucking testosterone at it's best. Been there/done that, thanks. Sometimes it's all in good fun amongst buddies, but mostly it just turns into a big pissing contest. This isn't the Southern U.S., there is only so many boats and guys interested to go around in the tiny niche market that is boat racing in Ontari-ari-ario. Everybody needs to cut everybody, on both sides of the fence, a little fucking slack and let common sense prevail or it will easily set what the few hard-core guys have achieved back ten+ years, and where was Outboard drag racing than??
JUS SAYIN'

POOF... Guess what, everybody want to keep racing? "Friendly Competition" is a good thing. If this is the current version than fuck me I must be getting old. Why would someone on the sidelines with the means/skill/time to get into drag racing hot rod outboard boats want to jump into the shitshow that this thread has become? Rant over but wtf.
Weather supposed to be perfect this weekend go hold the Pedel down.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 11:38 pm   

Jeff Yammer wrote:
So it was my initial ball busting comment that you took to heart after all the banter back and fourth about Formula or Lake Racer and the mystery motor you were bringing that was a blast to go back and fourth with.
My comment at the beginning of this thread that went something like ".... and maybe you won't have a tantrum with your boss there at the dock and throw the weight out of your boat saying you don't have to run this weight"
YOU DID THAT AT THE DOCK !!!! Not me. I stood there and just watched you do it and said not a word. I could care less if Shane Stovall said it was the right thing for you to remove the weight. We had a posted set of rules and for some reason you feel you are or were above them. You had a 1/3 of a tank of fuel and we all set the weight previously and calculated weight minus fuel. EVERYONE agreed.

Get some thicker skin man. Grow a pair of man balls and lighten up
. RELAX !!!! If you can't accept responsibility for the shit you have actually said and done then you cannot hang out with "Racers". . . Feel free to come to a drag race with me in my car and see what ball busting and having a pair of balls and taking fun poked at you is all about. RE- Fucking - LAX !!!

you were not busting balls you were tripping HUGE ,you were the only one having a tantrum and still are the only one having a fit over.... NOTHING!!!! now your going to misinterpret my words try and manipulate them to make it sound like im talking shit about anyone but YOU!! my skin is as thick as it gets.. im calm as a cucumber so anything else you would like to discuss..? i dont understand why you want to compare ball size in haliburton ? your fucking sick dude mine are obviously way bigger.... have seen my death trap collection? Image

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 12:17 am   

Cant say ive had time to read this thread to it entirety, but all this nit picking is sertainly turning me off off wanting to race drags. I understand rules are inplace for a reason, but ppl new to the sport should be able to have a go and get there feet wet. I have multiple buddys who race stock car/ drag race etc. if your not blowing the competition away every heat/ pass bla bla then whats the point? It seems this is all about weight, both under weight boats only made a couple passes and were out. As stated if you had 16 boats there sure everyone should be on par, but like a 6 boat turn out, really? Seems like your shootin your self in the foot pushing ppl away, now down to 4 boats, thats lame! Get some turn out and then tighten up the rule rope. Cant go cutting the grass while its still a seed, gotta let that shit grown for a bit b4 you trim it down.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 12:18 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

:? Bommer my friend you have too chill on Jeff... :cry: I think Jeff is doing what he can too keep our little drag racing show alive and growing... We just play by the simple rules :roll: .
:? Now one is picking on you Boomer … you are a brand new racer and you should be proud and happy we have this little shit show or what ever people want to call it.
Personally I love it and having the opportunity to go some where and race in a controlled environment with some fast boat with really great people I would like to call friends.
Lets all try and get along and have some fun and not fuck this up !

:D By the way you fuckers are lucky my SRV didn't show up :mrgreen:

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 4:33 am   
Team Member

Boomer, why you getting so wound up?
This is just Club Racing. No one from OBDA is standing in the wings looking for the next great racer up here.
You have a real good boat.
Chill out and enjoy the process, everyone else is.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 8:35 am   
Team Member

I must've missed a day up there at Gravenhurst because those people that were there witnessed us smiling and talking all weekend.
This is futile and I'm shocked that this is even being said. You state above that "I did none f those things you've described" .... Boomer I only described one single thing and that was the stupid weight bag issue at the dock , that same thing to which you admitted doing ..... now your saying you didn't do any of the "things" I've described ?? I'm confused here as I'm sure most are now as well.

No one has ever turned a boat away in fact those that think a minimum weight rule actually turns boats away needs to be educated on actual boat weights of the typical boats that have raced the TORC drags. .

Not sure of the agenda but I do wish all to be the best they can be out there and always offer up the little help I can when I can.

I do not make words up, its not my style. . If anything I say way too much of what I think and actually to a person directly.

I will not be commenting on this post after this and those that where physically there know the weekend story ( which is nothing to tell actually so once again I'm not sure why the character attack here but if it makes Boomer feel good I'm happy to help )

Enjoy the weekend ahead

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 8:25 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

You have yourself a Happy Birthday Jeff :mrgreen: Please don't let this discourage you from your continued efforts Jeff ;) .
Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else in Hali., including you Boomer and team Winstone and anyone else that has a fast boat sitting on the shelf :mrgreen:
Bring your fast boat out to this little shit show , or whatever you want to call it, and I assure you that you will have a great time with some fun people 8-) and you just might learn a thing or two about your boat ... :shock:

PostPosted: July 4th, 2015, 6:58 pm   

I don't very often give my opinion on this site but on the subject of the lake racer class I think all the lake racers should give Jeff a pat on the back. I think all Jeff was trying to do was make the class fair to everyone. If he had left the class the way it was he and Ted would continue to hand your ass to u on every pass.
As far as I'm concerned Jeff has done nothing but good for the drag racing club. He's always been there to help guys set their motors up and their boats. He does this out of the goodness of the sport. I'm sure lots of weekends he's rather be spending with his own family or at the drag strip with his car.
That's my 2 cents worth.

PostPosted: July 5th, 2015, 7:05 pm   

Jeff is not going anywhere, and i agree with you John that he deserves a pat on the back.
Without him and several other key players there would not be any drag racing in Canada at all...

Thanks to you fockers, i'm hooked on it now so please keep the peace, play by the rules, and come race.

The rules are pretty freaking simple, 1550 minimum weight, almost any mod you want motor and boat wise.

I have learned a lot, added some tried and true mod's and tried a few of my own in the last few years and now taking advantage of that experience.

I was one happy dood when i weighed ten pounds under, extremely happy to add those ten as it showed my hard work payed off.

Boomer, there is no such thing as saying you won't add weight until you are competitive on the track, fix your gremlins and testing before you show up and that is how it is done in any racing arena. I've been put on my trailer in two passes as well. You are already more competitive than i was when i started with the Euro.

Mike, you have built a nasty, awesome, gorgeous little boat that just doesn't fit any category. I'm not sure of your motivation during this build but notice you have accumulated points in lake racer class. Very cool to see your boat run and in your case an exception was made to see where you may fit in for now and i'm sure we are all for watching you run and progress.

My game is now out on the table, 1550 on the button. Match that weight, conform to Lake Racer rules and put me on my trailer lol.
Some of you can, and some of you will, i think i have wrung all i can out of my Euro.

Luck was on my side in Gravenhurst with Ted's no start, but dammit i have put a ton of effort into that win. Pure racing at it's finest and nothing but praise from Ted and Jeff and all involved. The way it should be,.

A handshake at the end of the day is really all that matters, i'm offering mine right now to all that show up to race and the ones that make this happen for us.

Cheers all...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next