It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 2:07 am

For the FORMULA Racers

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 8:44 pm   
Team Member

That Vector would give me a good run no doubt!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 9:01 pm   
Team Member

Its not about the top speed, any drag race is about the holeshot and holding the lead down the track. I would guess most formula boats would be running in the high 60's low 70's at the end of the track. At the end of the day a guy thats running a 26 and does 75 at the end of the track would never catch the guy running a 22 but can only get up to 68 (rev limiters taken into account). The name of the game is holeshot IMO at least, but I'm new at this too lol

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 9:06 pm   

talonkid wrote:
Its not about the top speed, any drag race is about the holeshot and holding the lead down the track. I would guess most formula boats would be running in the high 60's low 70's at the end of the track. At the end of the day a guy thats running a 26 and does 75 at the end of the track would never catch the guy running a 22 but can only get up to 68 (rev limiters taken into account). The name of the game is holeshot IMO at least, but I'm new at this too lol

I do realize that part, that it's more the acceleration aspect, it is a drag race afterall. I was mostly curious of the ending speeds of the boats. I have yet to drive the Vector, but of everything I've read of it, the boat isn't the most stable thing ever built, with the concave and hook in the pad. If the water gets a little too rough, and the end of the race the speeds are 80+, it would be less likely I would be interested is all I was thinking.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 9:33 pm   

Garth wrote:
idvette that sounds fair considering the power you have, If you had a 225PM in the mix I'd think that's where the complaints might start rollin' in.

On that subject, are there any Formula entries running a PM?

I'll be running a 97 promax..

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 9:43 pm   
Team Member

FluKy15 wrote:
I do realize that part, that it's more the acceleration aspect, it is a drag race afterall. I was mostly curious of the ending speeds of the boats. I have yet to drive the Vector, but of everything I've read of it, the boat isn't the most stable thing ever built, with the concave and hook in the pad. If the water gets a little too rough, and the end of the race the speeds are 80+, it would be less likely I would be interested is all I was thinking.

Ya I know when I raced with my Talon and 225 promax I was around 71-72 I think. I would assume most boats in formula would be in the high 60's to low 70's as a safe bet

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 10:57 pm   

fluky, when I raced last season I was around 60 mph at the end of 800'. I had the biggest boat, and a lil 2.4 200 and had a blast. got to know my set-up real quick and made changes accordingly. mark an I had a great rivalry going. he would win one, then I would win. it was close racing. we both made changes and ended up with faster boats as a result. no doubt I could be even faster this year mainly because of what I learned. its a great class to race, everyone is willing to help you out. bring your boat out and lets race!!! id love to see more formula guys.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2015, 8:44 pm   

Hi Guys been reading this so I will throw my .2 cents in. The 2013 rules are posted on here I think they will answer some of the questions on this thread regarding rev limiters and so on. I think the main thing is to get more boats out for this class so if that means letting some centre stear boats run and boats without full interiors we should try and figure out a way to make it as fair as possible we don't what to put anybody off and we don't what to stop anybody from racing. So if you don't have full interior if we could figure out a safe way to add some weight to compensate for the interior I am good with that. Line em up and lets race!
Fluky you should bring that Vector for sure it is what Formula class is for!
ATAZ love to see that STV out the more the better!
Boomer screw some plastic lawn chairs in the STV and a 50lbs sand bag and lets race:)
idvette get that thing put back together and lets go
Wideopen Kev should have something for you this year (sorry a little trash talk)

PostPosted: May 5th, 2015, 9:27 pm   

I would have thought a 110 mph tunnel hull would be in a different class than my boat???

PostPosted: May 5th, 2015, 9:31 pm   

FluKy15 wrote:
I would have thought a 110 mph tunnel hull would be in a different class than my boat???

They won't get to 110mph in 800ft and they won't be running the same prop that gets them to 110mph your boat is probably faster out of the hole.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2015, 10:32 pm   

1 I Bandit wrote:
Hi Guys been reading this so I will throw my .2 cents in. The 2013 rules are posted on here I think they will answer some of the questions on this thread regarding rev limiters and so on. I think the main thing is to get more boats out for this class so if that means letting some centre stear boats run and boats without full interiors we should try and figure out a way to make it as fair as possible we don't what to put anybody off and we don't what to stop anybody from racing. So if you don't have full interior if we could figure out a safe way to add some weight to compensate for the interior I am good with that. Line em up and lets race!
Fluky you should bring that Vector for sure it is what Formula class is for!
ATAZ love to see that STV out the more the better!
Boomer screw some plastic lawn chairs in the STV and a 50lbs sand bag and lets race:)
idvette get that thing put back together and lets go
Wideopen Kev should have something for you this year (sorry a little trash talk)

i am not screwing a gad dam thing to my boat untill someone pulls out a scale....or sees me run... no way am i under weight.

FluKy15 your motor is equivalent to a promax so dont let them scare you.. ill help get that thing laying down 800ft passes for you!!! i have some stuff we can try.. get some seat time buddy.

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next