It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 7:58 pm

2015 TORC Outlaw Pro Drag .....

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: January 17th, 2016, 10:38 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

My Bad :geek: … wrong pic. :(

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 10:35 am   

Jeff Yammer wrote:
If someone wanted to buy a boat and before buying the boat didn't explore the options of using a particular boat with the group in Drag that is no fault of us. Do you honestly think if someone had approached me or any other deciding member of the drag group with this XR2001MVP and running it in Lake Racer do you think we would say NO ? Not a chance we would say no and then we would have heard from you about why this XR2001MVP weighing 1550lbs is faster than an Allison XR2001RR at 1550lbs so there is no winning with you.

unless that someone was me... because i had asked jackie who asked greg if i could run that boat and the answer was NO.. so i got something else.. i kind of thought Jackie and greg were pretty involved in racing to know.. i would of asked you personally but you wont answer my pm's and have Blocked me from facebook so i dont know how i would be able to ask you anything unless i post it on a public forum..

and i really dont think you telling ken and I that we are STUPID on a public forum looks good for drag racing.... just my thoughts...

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 3:12 pm   
Team Member

Guys, one of the reasons I posted the T School thread was for Drag. You seem to be following the same path as I went in T Boat. Everyone in your group means well and wants to see Drag be successful.
A few things to remember:
- you do not have a class if you do not have boats in the class[s]
- initially there will be a widening of some rules to get boats in classes. Boat count is a must.
- in some classes you need to think of the future state of that class and not you. Until you get a good boat count.
- growing pains will be there until you have a good boat count of legal boats in every class
- this is grass roots racing...the top guys that race nationally will be best of class with legal boats
- the top guys want to grow the class..the better the competition the better they like it.
- if your building a drag combo make it a legal one Do not promote..Who that cheats best wins!
- remember why you are racing at this level. Winning should not be the number one reason

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 7:35 pm   

:D That's ok Boomer, dem dar ar his plumm'n words :roll: :mrgreen:
Protests/Infractions
1. Official protests must be written and filed prior to, or within 1 hour, after the final heat for that class. Protest forms may be obtained from the Secretary or Asst. Secretary at Judges Stand. Completed protest forms and any fees are to be turned over to the Secretary, Asst. Secretary, Treasurer or Asst. Treasurer. Only a written protest signed by the boat owner and/or driver will be accepted. The boat inspection protest fee is $300.00. The engine inspection fee is $1000. This fee is to be paid in cash when protest is filed.
2. After inspection:
• If boat/motor is found to be legal, protest fee is paid to owner/driver being protested
• If boat/motor is found to be illegal, protest fee is returned to person/persons filing protest. Other actions by ODBA will result.
3. Gas Protest Fee is $375 (nonrefundable). Fee must be paid in cash at time protest is filed. ODBA performed fuel tests only.
4. ODBA rule infractions will not be tolerated. ODBA has three separate and distinct levels of infractions, each carrying its own distinct level of punishment.
5. Minor Infraction: an infraction deemed by ODBA’s Board of Directors to be unintentional. A minor infraction may result in loss of points and event.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Not wearing proper safety gear (i.e., life jacket, helmet, etc.).
• Removal of safety gear while on plane.
• Not showing up at scales.
• 15 pounds or less under specified class weight.
• Not putting the boat into the water when instructed.
6. Failing fuel test.
7. Derogatory or destructive comments made post race can be construed as a Minor/Major infraction.
8. If a Racer is assigned to a work detail and does not show up for said detail he or she will be fined $100.00 for 1st offence, $250.00 for 2nd offence. Fine
must be paid before he or she will be allowed to join race competition.

9. Major Infraction: an infraction deemed by ODBA’s Board of Directors to be intentional. This may, upon review of the ODBA Board of Directors, result in a
one calendar year suspension of membership and/or the boat from date of infraction. In the event of more than one Major Infraction, the penalties shall run consecutively. Examples of a major infraction include, but are not limited to:
• 16 or more pounds under specified class weight.
• Refusal to weigh.
• Refusal to submit to fuel test.
• Not passing fuel test.
• Refusal of motor or boat inspection.
• Not passing motor or boat inspection.
• Two minor infraction disqualifications for the same reasons in a single race season.
10. Gross Infraction: A most serious infraction deemed by ODBA’s Board of Directors to intentionally disrupt or discredit the operations of ODBA. May, upon review of the ODBA Board of Directors, result in lifetime loss of membership by an individual or the group responsible. Examples of a gross infraction include, but are not limited to:
[u] Directing any nature of reprehensible conduct toward any race official, including but not limited to, obscene, abusive, or threatening language.

• Threatening gestures, including[/u]
, but not limited to, touching any race official or engaging in conduct which reasonably leads any race official to anticipate an offensive touching.
• Offenses punishable with lifetime penalty need not necessarily occur at a race event or even at an event location or even during the race event season to warrant disqualification for life. They need only occur anytime, anywhere. Then, upon the submission to the Board of Directors of an acknowledged affidavit by the official so aggrieved, the Board of Directors shall implement at least a one year disqualification and may, upon majority vote of a quorum of the Board of Directors assembled by any means, issue the lifetime banishment from any and all ODBA events or functions. (i.e. slanderous public comments)
• Each owner/driver is responsible for the conduct of his crew and the foregoing penalties shall be imposed upon an owner/driver for violations committed by his crew. Crewmembers participating in the infraction of any owner/driver may result in consecutive disqualifications to the owner/driver.
• Removal of hand or hands from the wheel or other dangerous moves, while boat is under race conditions, will constitute a loss. The second careless action is a disqualification.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 10:40 pm   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:
If someone wanted to buy a boat and before buying the boat didn't explore the options of using a particular boat with the group in Drag that is no fault of us. Do you honestly think if someone had approached me or any other deciding member of the drag group with this XR2001MVP and running it in Lake Racer do you think we would say NO ? Not a chance we would say no and then we would have heard from you about why this XR2001MVP weighing 1550lbs is faster than an Allison XR2001RR at 1550lbs so there is no winning with you.

unless that someone was me... because i had asked jackie who asked greg if i could run that boat and the answer was NO.. so i got something else.. i kind of thought Jackie and greg were pretty involved in racing to know.. i would of asked you personally but you wont answer my pm's and have Blocked me from facebook so i dont know how i would be able to ask you anything unless i post it on a public forum..

and i really dont think you telling ken and I that we are STUPID on a public forum looks good for drag racing.... just my thoughts...

The way Ken has decided to handle himself is not my choice.

As for you and Facebook we have already gone through that. I blocked you because of my own choices vs how the conversation always seems to go. Now at no time have you posted on here or any other board the questions of a boat you might be wanting to run or buy and then run. I would've helped you like anyone get things sorted.
I do not believe anyone has called you stupid. The way this conversation has gone is stupid and feel free to call me at anytime like I posted for anyone to do so.
Jeff 905-924-2525

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 10:56 pm   
Team Member

You can never make everyone happy for classes / motors / rules etc.
At the end of each year and throughout we do our best and that will never be enough for everyone involved and that is fine.
We have to have some rules to keep classes from being totally dominated and we continue to try to keep the level's bubble in between the lines but it doesn't suit everyone and never will.

The rules have have, have basically been the same for years. A few adjustments now and again to move forward and hopefully more as we keep going.

Thanks

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 11:14 pm   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:

To clear up what is (was) obviously some misunderstanding and miscommunication. (the problem with communication by messaging and not talking)
Yes Boomer, you asked about the legality of my 01 ModVP in lake racer.
Yes, I said that going by the rules as written, my Mod VP is not "legal" for the class.
I also said that given the fact that a Mod VP and RR XR01 are basically the same (except fot the hull weight) and that the class is going to operate with a minimum weight requirement the Mod VP 01 should be permitted and would be exempt from this rule.
I'm guessing that I didn't make this clear.
It's not an issue any more, no harm no foul.
You've got a new ride for this season and I've got a deal pending for my Mod VP.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 11:16 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Guys, one of the reasons I posted the T School thread was for Drag. You seem to be following the same path as I went in T Boat. Everyone in your group means well and wants to see Drag be successful.
A few things to remember:
- you do not have a class if you do not have boats in the class[s]
- initially there will be a widening of some rules to get boats in classes. Boat count is a must.
- in some classes you need to think of the future state of that class and not you. Until you get a good boat count.
- growing pains will be there until you have a good boat count of legal boats in every class
- this is grass roots racing...the top guys that race nationally will be best of class with legal boats
- the top guys want to grow the class..the better the competition the better they like it.
- if your building a drag combo make it a legal one Do not promote..Who that cheats best wins!
- remember why you are racing at this level. Winning should not be the number one reason

Bravo Don!!
Very well said.
Thanks.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2016, 5:01 pm   

Agreed 8-) very well said Don Hounddog, some valid points with some good advise that the group can all learn from… except the winning part :mrgreen: Some people are more competitive than others ;) but I think that somewhere in the back of most all the entries minds is winning… Third pace is Winning for me :D

:( Jeff please choose your words more carefully, this is not your job site !
Most of my posts are meant too be for entertainment purposes with some humour and crying in riddles in the hope to draw out some bullshit and banter and cause a little friendly rivalry :mrgreen: Examples to follow … Only if Jeff plays nice with the other kids :( ... and the dumb :shock: right Jeff !

Here is a Idea :idea: There are no true Outlaw boats left, Blake sold his, John sold his and Sernic... well I don't know if he is going to make the trip to Canada in the near future sooo what about Greg's class that he runs in Jasper, Pro Gas or Pro ??? or something …

ODBA OUTLAW CLASSES (800’) Specific Motor Rules and Specifications
1. All Outlaw classes will race for 800 feet per ODBA rule book and starting procedures.
2. All Outlaw classes will be governed by all sections of the ODBA rule book.
3. All fuels may be provided by the racer for Outlaw series but spec race fuel will be available for purchase at race site.
Class Rules:
River Racer
1.Any motor allowed, except v-8
2.Any modifications allowed, compression limited to 150lbs all motors
3.Tech will be checked with craftsman gauge
4.Boats must be originally configured for 3 seats or more, seat must be oem or oem like. 5.Minimum of 15 inch midsections all motors.
6.Spec fuel only no additives (10 gals minimum)
7.Small block motors 1300lbs
8.Big block motors 1430 lbs
Pro Mod
1. Any boat allowed.
2. Any motor allowed except V-8.
3. Any modifications allowed.
4. Any mid section allowed.
5. FUEL: Must purchase and use fuel and oil sold at race site only. NO ADDITIVES ALLOWED 5. Minimum weights as follows:
• Small bore motors 2.9 and smaller – 1250 lbs
• Big bore motors 3.0 and larger – 1375 lbs

PostPosted: January 19th, 2016, 5:38 pm   

And or maybe :mrgreen:
Pro Gas (1/8 mile)
1. Boats: Any production hull configuration allowed.
2. Fuel: Must purchase and use fuel and oil sold at race site only. No additives allowed.
3. No nitrous oxide or any other type bottle pressure injection. No bottles in boat, solenoids must be disconnected.
4. See Fuel/Technical for after market and other parts not allowed.
5. Any motor modifications allowed.
6. Minimum of 10 gallons of fuel purchased at race site.
Mercury
Yamaha
OMC
Ø Mercury small block motors: v 1250 lbs minimum
Ø Mercury big block motors:
v 1375 lbs minimum
Ø Yamaha small block motors: v 1250 lbs minimum
Ø Yamaha big block motors: v 1400 lbs minimum
Ø OMC big block motors:
v 1375 lbs minimum
Ø OMC V8 motors:
v 1525 lbs minimum
Specific Motor Rules and Minimum Weights
weight weight
weight weight
weight weight

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next