It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 3:45 pm

2015 TORC Outlaw Pro Drag .....

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 PostPosted: January 19th, 2016, 7:36 pm   

Jeff Yammer wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:
If someone wanted to buy a boat and before buying the boat didn't explore the options of using a particular boat with the group in Drag that is no fault of us. Do you honestly think if someone had approached me or any other deciding member of the drag group with this XR2001MVP and running it in Lake Racer do you think we would say NO ? Not a chance we would say no and then we would have heard from you about why this XR2001MVP weighing 1550lbs is faster than an Allison XR2001RR at 1550lbs so there is no winning with you.

unless that someone was me... because i had asked jackie who asked greg if i could run that boat and the answer was NO.. so i got something else.. i kind of thought Jackie and greg were pretty involved in racing to know.. i would of asked you personally but you wont answer my pm's and have Blocked me from facebook so i dont know how i would be able to ask you anything unless i post it on a public forum..

and i really dont think you telling ken and I that we are STUPID on a public forum looks good for drag racing.... just my thoughts...

The way Ken has decided to handle himself is not my choice.

As for you and Facebook we have already gone through that. I blocked you because of my own choices vs how the conversation always seems to go. Now at no time have you posted on here or any other board the questions of a boat you might be wanting to run or buy and then run. I would've helped you like anyone get things sorted.
I do not believe anyone has called you stupid. The way this conversation has gone is stupid and feel free to call me at anytime like I posted for anyone to do so.
Jeff 905-924-2525

i didnt want to post what im bringing out on a public forum..

There you go with the stupid talk again... by calling this conversation stupid is like calling everyone who has posted stupid and i dont think that is productive!! . i think this conversation has been somewhat constructive.. if you can read it without getting mad at ken.. :lol:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 19th, 2016, 7:45 pm   

Northbase wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:
If someone wanted to buy a boat and before buying the boat didn't explore the options of using a particular boat with the group in Drag that is no fault of us. Do you honestly think if someone had approached me or any other deciding member of the drag group with this XR2001MVP and running it in Lake Racer do you think we would say NO ? Not a chance we would say no and then we would have heard from you about why this XR2001MVP weighing 1550lbs is faster than an Allison XR2001RR at 1550lbs so there is no winning with you.

unless that someone was me... because i had asked jackie who asked greg if i could run that boat and the answer was NO.. so i got something else.. i kind of thought Jackie and greg were pretty involved in racing to know.. i would of asked you personally but you wont answer my pm's and have Blocked me from facebook so i dont know how i would be able to ask you anything unless i post it on a public forum..

and i really dont think you telling ken and I that we are STUPID on a public forum looks good for drag racing.... just my thoughts...

To clear up what is (was) obviously some misunderstanding and miscommunication. (the problem with communication by messaging and not talking)
Yes Boomer, you asked about the legality of my 01 ModVP in lake racer.
Yes, I said that going by the rules as written, my Mod VP is not "legal" for the class.
I also said that given the fact that a Mod VP and RR XR01 are basically the same (except fot the hull weight) and that the class is going to operate with a minimum weight requirement the Mod VP 01 should be permitted and would be exempt from this rule.
I'm guessing that I didn't make this clear.
It's not an issue any more, no harm no foul.
You've got a new ride for this season and I've got a deal pending for my Mod VP.

that what i get for not picking up a phone... is it staying local? or heading state side?

PostPosted: January 19th, 2016, 8:15 pm   
Team Member

So does this conversation get back to Outlaw Pro Drag ?

Ken has offered up a weight. How does the Outlaw Pro Drag racers feel about that ? I personally know for sure that we do not have the volunteers for another class to police. . . and based on how our other classes have gone we will need more help.

I'm in favour of a class that has NO rules besides NO NITROUS and even that I'd like to see included. Run what you have bring and hope your boat is as fast as your mouth .....

If it isn't a boat within the Lake Racer rules (the word "Rules" used very loosely) then it's an Outlaw Pro Drag boat.

Spring is on the way.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: January 19th, 2016, 9:02 pm   
Team Member

Boomer, pending deal is stateside. Going to a family with 3 other Allies, she'll have good company.
Kenny, I hear what your saying and you've got a point. That being said our "outlaw" class is pretty much a catch all for whatever exceeds the limits of lake racer. For anyone planning on running the high end classes in Jasper it's pretty much heads up testing. When Archer, Blake and Srnec were all running in Dunnville it was great practice and even though I got smoked the data I was able to collect and compare to the the guys I ran against was invaluable.
As it stands both Archer and I run in the same ODBA class. If I run my added weight it's just like running against another ProMod boat. Depending on what shows up to run Outlaw I'll either stay at 1250lbs or pull out my ballast and run light.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 12:23 pm   

if i had a drag powerhead i would come out and learn my lesson with you and archer...

what's the reson for the Nos rule? insurance? if i could run n02 id throw something together and see how long it lasted . :D

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 12:49 pm   
Team Member

Boomer the only reason for NO Nitrous is to keep with ODBA Outlaw Pro Drag rules but I would imaging none of the other racers would care. I have a 8-annular nozzles from Induction Solutions...... Hhhmmm

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 2:43 pm   

HHmmmmm i was thinking just tune rich with a dry 50 shot. str8 in the horn :D i like your idea better :lol:

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 2:55 pm   
Team Member

A true flowed jetting works better unless you have the ability to adjust injector pulse which we can't do on the Merc ECU. A 50 shot on a 300hp outboard is still enough to "open" things up if not done correctly.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2016, 3:25 pm   

Jeff Yammer wrote:
A true flowed jetting works better unless you have the ability to adjust injector pulse which we can't do on the Merc ECU. A 50 shot on a 300hp outboard is still enough to "open" things up if not done correctly.

i would be starting with a 200 block, cut on a little and adapt a 260 front half, i wouldn't want to saw my mint 260 in half.. ill save that powerhead for lake racer.

iv wanted to do something wild for a while now,, i have been collecting some parts that may help, i'm still a very VERY very long way from bolting anything together..

i have a block, pistons, rods,crank, electronics, i'd need a front half and some efi bits... oh and money.. haha forgot about that part :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7