It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 12:44 pm

My idea of 2015 Lake Racer rules

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 10:54 am   
TORC VP

Pat I will take a shot at #3 we have a 15 allison that wants to run next season with a 2.0 200 he has a 12 inch.... but, we do have a fair competition rule that we can use to slot anyone into a class that is competitive.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 10:59 am   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:
Pat I will take a shot at #3 we have a 15 allison that wants to run next season with a 2.0 200 he has a 12 inch.... but, we do have a fair competition rule that we can use to slot anyone into a class that is competitive.

I am ALL for letting Winstone run in our class but it seems strange to create rules only to let someone run a 12" but break the 1400lb rule?
I can't imagine Mike wanting to add the 500-600lbs lol
To clarify though I DO want Mike to run with us as I think he will be good competition

PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 11:12 am   
TORC VP

Maybe we could meet in the middle here..... Kenny and Dean..... is there any more weight you guys can remove.... full size battery down to a ballistic or.... hydralic jack plate....ect.....

PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 11:24 am   
Team Member

I guess the other issue is trying to manage and enforce weight rules.
How do we prevent guys from weighing in heavy and then removing weight throughout the year.
How about someone who shows up mid season with no idea of the weight of their rig?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 11:45 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Ok so it only makes sence to follow the 1400 lbs. boat and driver. Lake Racer class and another class to run would be sweet . Grudge match class to accommodate guys like Mike and .... :?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 11:51 am   
Team Member

All good commentary.

The weight rule was out in place to try and level things out. Ted geared up and race ready IN his boat weighs exactly 1391lbs ! That was all just a thought.

Compression rule was and has been a Drag/S3 limited to 150psi. A 260 & 280 run pretty well dead equal with the same compression. You cannot put a stock 280 block in the same category as a Drag/S3.

Guys there needs to be some give here in my opinion to level out Jason , Pat & Ted to the rest of the boats that run the same class. Weight is and has always been the equalizer.

As far as managing the weight ..... It's simple. Don't be an asshole and try and cheat. Boats could all be weighed in and recorded what weights they are and what amount of weight is needed to have for each. Then come the race that weight will have to be verified and seen. Three or four simple pictures can be taken of the boats rigging to compare.

The 12" rule was added so that it could increase the boat count and if all the boats had to weigh the same then who cares what mid is on it ??

All just thoughts here. . . But - people don't want to add weight it seems -

If there's no give and take the same boat type will win each and every time and that is not ideal.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 11:54 am   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
Ok so it only makes sence to follow the 1400 lbs. boat and driver. Lake Racer class and another class to run would be sweet . Grudge match class to accommodate guys like Mike and .... :?

The problem with that is a low boat count for each of what would be a Lake Racer Pro and Lake Racer .

PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 12:10 pm   
TORC VP

So... in the last year I have added lifting streaks, SVS, faster trim pump, and ordered heads in an effort to get closer to Ted and I have been successfull. This year I had planed on changing batteries to lose 40+lbs removing a large water seperator, and bolting the motor to the transome to eliminate the jack plate 40ishlbs...
Please don't take my next comments the wrong way but>>>>> I am all for competition and closer racing

I am having problem with this and T Class......I have spent the time and money to improve my boat with in the current rules and to the the point that I can still use my boat everyday. I don't disagree with bringing some parity to the class but the penalty can not be take fully buy those that have invested to be fast. there needs to be some onus on the rest of the class to improve aswell.... I don't have to solution just adding to the discussion

PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 12:21 pm   
Team Member

I'm just sharing my standpoint but am all ears to everyone elses. I just don't think winning races is something to be shared simply based on our attendance.
I don't think we really have a problem 'YET" but instead of slowing our top guys down why don't we work with the slower guys to see if we can get them to compete.
Much the same as Jason I am currently aiming for the class leader.
Lighter jackplate, compression, setup are all things that I have available to me on the cheap. The fact is there are guys who have done more then me and I often watch the rear of their boat. The same as there are guys who have done less then me and I sometimes beat them.
When guys are coming out and consistantly losing with boats that have explored most improvement options 'THEN' the issue of enforcing stricter and more fair rules should be reviewed.
In the mean time I believe we will attract more interest by allowing almost anyone to come and play with minimal requirements.
Besides... this looks like pretty close racing to me:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sosM7w3 ... AuM385yUOw

PostPosted: November 12th, 2014, 12:32 pm   
Team Member

I agree completely that it the parity needs to be thought of by both the faster and not as fast halves of our Lake Racer class.

But --- rules and weight are a part of every single outboard drag racing organization out there. It's a natural progression and one of the only ways to allow for such a variety of combinations. In my opinion in order for the class to be attractive to others that may want to try it let's say with an STV Euro with a stock 260 on it they need to be assured that they will be close to some and even have a chance at winning.

I'm at a loss now in how to make this work and more attractive to others. The fastest guys cannot be slowed down or weighed down so much as to weigh the same as the heaviest boats and vice versa . But there should be weight added to those in my opinion ! Once and if Jason and Pat put heads on that may give them 180+ psi of compression the top three will be equal +/- here and there now what. ? Jason is reducing his weight even more from last year etc etc.

Keep the brainstorming coming , it will work out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next