It is currently May 1st, 2024, 7:59 pm

Lake Racer 2015

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 11:19 am   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
Ok let's just say Fuck the rules and we will call it guidelines :? , so now with these "guidelines" someone can through a worked 400 hp SVS Drag motor or a Big Block Monty Monster on a 15" mid and a 500 lbs boat and run LR :roll: P@ you and Himagain are on the chopping block :mrgreen: if we play by the Rules. So now the incentive is too make your boats go faster with the 1400 lb minimum rule. Most of us guys have lake boats and not really serious drag boats so keeping it simple for our Carnival style racing could probably bring out more Lake boat. If some serious Lake Racers show up from the US then put the squeeze on and put them on the trailer... :mrgreen:

Let's not forget that the World Championship winning boat runs in TORC .
That boat is quite a bit faster in the first 500' than ever now too .....
That is why I think it's time for a few adjustments to bring more equality into the mix.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 12:08 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

The Guidelines that we have state that "If you lose two passes your on the trailer" that sucks !
We have a small time slot to run our drags and that sucks too! Personally I would like to see a whole day of Drag Racing, every boat runs every boat... Also include a 500' for the T Boats.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 12:14 pm   
Team Member

Double elimination is the OB racing world's standard.
As for Tboat drags I don't think that's a good idea .... but that's my position.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 11:56 pm   

Good dialogue guys. Thanks for your leadership On this Jeff. I think our ultimate goal should be an all Canadian Podium at Jasper in 2015 :) Looking Forward ;)

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: November 8th, 2014, 4:39 pm   

I think the racing is getting tighter as we all gain more experience and experiment with our rigs. I would hate to see the group split up in any way.
A lot of the guy's have done a lot of work to climb up the ladder and get closer to the top, me included and still haven't bolted on my tight heads. I want to race the fast guy's too.
What sucks in my opinion is getting a shitty draw and having to race two of the fast guys and being put on your trailer with only two passes.
Would it be too hard to track if we made it that the top four from last year, the previous race, or maybe previous day could not eliminate anyone that has not ever reached top four status??? Those passes could be exhibition and guarantee at least a few more passes for a racer.
On another note, any progress or more thoughts about a video finish line?

PostPosted: November 9th, 2014, 12:36 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Dean you have to worry about the New minimum driver weight rule of 145lbs and Rumour of a minimum height rule too... :shock:

PostPosted: November 9th, 2014, 12:55 pm   
Team Member

bmax wrote:
I think the racing is getting tighter as we all gain more experience and experiment with our rigs. I would hate to see the group split up in any way.
A lot of the guy's have done a lot of work to climb up the ladder and get closer to the top, me included and still haven't bolted on my tight heads. I want to race the fast guy's too.
What sucks in my opinion is getting a shitty draw and having to race two of the fast guys and being put on your trailer with only two passes.
Would it be too hard to track if we made it that the top four from last year, the previous race, or maybe previous day could not eliminate anyone that has not ever reached top four status??? Those passes could be exhibition and guarantee at least a few more passes for a racer.

Dean ,
Your post is the exact reason we should work with the boats we have that commit to race here. A minimum weight of 1400lbs per boat is a great starting point to level out the competition. If we had more rules to allow equal competition you need not worry who you draw as the draw means just a boat in your class.
In each and every form of heads up drag racing there's rules in place that give each driver a chance and I think we should do that too. Wouldn't it be nice for you to line up against Jason and know you have the best shot in beating him or Pat or Ted ? I'd love to see that and I'd love to see you in a final round.
If each boat racing was standard weight Euro with a 20" 260 with 26cc heads that would make for great drivers drag race. But we don't have that so trying to find a way to bring you closer to the top and Ted , Jason and Pat closer to the pack.
It'll never be perfect but we should try I think.
Ted won Jasper due to the rules that were in ace to make his boat competitive against a boat with a Pro Gas motor on it and vice versa. .

We have a group of boats that have committed to race here each race and they all should run as equal as possible.

How do you racers want to do that if at all.

Cheers

PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 11:37 am   
TORC VP

bmax wrote:

Dean The finish is recorded on video..... Steph and Jackie have been calling and recording all the finishes

PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 6:53 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:
bmax wrote:

Dean The finish is recorded on video..... Steph and Jackie have been calling and recording all the finishes

........and they don't need video. When we were in Jasper Jackie called every race she watched by eye with the exception of 1 and I believe that one the judges ended up rerunning.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2014, 7:14 pm   
Team Member

A video is always best to have. No matter the judge. We also need other volunteers to assist in the finish line and other duties. I understand your concerns about the finish line as everyone should be considering that and other areas of our program. Without a survey it's impossible to get the 90* angle correct vs the straight line of the course. It's all been by eye and I suggest that we have a walk through to view the finish line area of that particular race site. Once all agree then we can move forward.
Dean how about if you can help make that call on the area that gets used for the finish judges that would be great.

All good dialogue here for sure. Input is the only way to get ideas big or small out there

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next