It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 6:22 am

Lake Racer 2015

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 5:42 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:
Ken I think that is a good Idea....My only worry is what if a dominant boat continues to be dominant..... I don't really want or know how to add 200lbs to my boat safely

Problem solved, I'm 200lb with with cutsuit & ice cream cone in hand, ready to go.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 6:20 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:
Ken I think that is a good Idea....My only worry is what if a dominant boat continues to be dominant..... I don't really want or know how to add 200lbs to my boat safely

Just lead bags and straps or bolt in plates. It would only really be 100lbs added at a time so not to worry. Also we'd look at the rules again if anyone still dominated after the first weight penalty.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 6:34 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Himagain wrote:

Problem solved, I'm 200lb with with cutsuit & ice cream cone in hand, ready to go.

You beat me to it, Hydroid!!

PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 7:08 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Himagain wrote:

If the dominant boat is still dominant than he wins...IMO you can't slow the fast guys down too much or they won't keep coming. I understand the intent, to even out the field, but you can only go so far. The field is pretty close now though isn't it? I don't think it'll take a lot to keep everyone close.

Jay 200lbs is easy...I'll just ride shotgun lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: November 5th, 2014, 7:38 pm   
Team Member

The actual goal is to truly have a photo finish for each and every pass of each round. The fast guys won't stop coming and if they decide to not come because they cannot win each time then they aren't the type of people you'd want in TORC Drag Racing.

Equality is the goal and is the best way to keep it alive.

Now how can we get the Doc out to race :)

PostPosted: November 6th, 2014, 3:57 pm   
Team Member

I would tend to agree with Rick that it doesn't pay to try and slow the fast guys down.
I think all the racers would like to see close finishes... that's the motivation behind working on setup and making your boat faster. The only real dominant guy this year was Ted and he earned it. As far as I know he's also the only guy running compression and that is a pretty easy and affordable mod that we are all capable of.
If you want to slow him down with weight I've got no need to try to make my rig faster otherwise I might be next on the chopping block :roll: It just seems contradictory to the theme of racing
Just my 2 cents here, but from what I have seen, everyone is having fun and most importantly, getting faster.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2014, 4:11 pm   

if everyone was in the exact same boat with the exact same motor and rigging, you still wouldn't have a photo finish every pass. the class isnt broken so their is no need to fix it.

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 9:22 am   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
if everyone was in the exact same boat with the exact same motor and rigging, you still wouldn't have a photo finish every pass. the class isnt broken so their is no need to fix it.

Why would you want everyone in same boat? Forsee endless arguing who's driving, where to go. Definitely worth a photo finish every pass!

PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 10:56 am   
Team Member

It's really not a matter of slowing boats down per say it's a matter of finding the right balance of details to create a balanced class.
The majority of the Lake Racer boats have zero interest in using higher compression heads and that's apparent.
Once again it's about finding a balance to create as much equality as possible to allow others that we mainly run together with a chance to win.
Each and every outboard drag racing organization has a set of rules in place to in an attempt to create a balanced competition. . . I really think it's in the best interest of the class and for the majority of the boats in the class to try to level the competition out.
I'd love to see a photo finish between Anthony and Ted or Kenny and Pat or Jason and Dean.
I don't think we will draw any other new entries if you don't give a chance for others to win.
Just my thoughts as I'd like to see a 20 boat Lake Racer class and that is easily possible in reality.
Please keep an open mind and think about the whole class and not just a few of the boats.
Cheers :)

PostPosted: November 7th, 2014, 11:00 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Ok let's just say Fuck the rules and we will call it guidelines :? , so now with these "guidelines" someone can through a worked 400 hp SVS Drag motor or a Big Block Monty Monster on a 15" mid and a 500 lbs boat and run LR :roll: P@ you and Himagain are on the chopping block :mrgreen: if we play by the Rules. So now the incentive is too make your boats go faster with the 1400 lb minimum rule. Most of us guys have lake boats and not really serious drag boats so keeping it simple for our Carnival style racing could probably bring out more Lake boat. If some serious Lake Racers show up from the US then put the squeeze on and put them on the trailer... :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next