It is currently May 22nd, 2024, 9:32 am

End of season meeting

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 18th, 2014, 3:32 pm   
TORC VP

So with the end of the TORC season and Jasper fast approaching..... I wanted to take the time to thank all the racers that came out and raced this season.

We would love to go the drags and put on a bigger show for next year. I would like to have a meeting sometime this fall to discuss how we can make the racing even better for next year. How do we get more guys to come out and play? I have a big long list of boats that would do very well if they came out. If we want to make rule or class changes I we need to have it done before the CBF meetings in November.

I would like to talk about the following

Classes and rules----are we fair? is it time to change things? How do we change it?

participation----- how do we get more boats out?

Please feel free to add to the topics up for discussion. I will try and get a location and a date together and let everyone know.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 18th, 2014, 5:31 pm   

Sounds good. Thanks Jay for being a positive advocate of our sport. Thanks to Jeff for running us and training others. Honestly ALL should be encouraged to participate, you won't find a better group of people that will help you be welcomed and good at our sport ;)

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: August 18th, 2014, 6:50 pm   
Team Member

When's the CBF meeting?
Ted, John, Yammer, myself and you need to focus on Jasper between now and mid October.
I'm happy to host a Saturday or Sunday get together to discuss classes, safety issues, participation etc.
If we do it Saturday and any of the travellers want to stay overnight they're more then welcome to.
We need to get more boats out!!
The boats are out there.....come out and play!!
Even if you get your ass kicked you'll learn a pile and have a great time.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2014, 7:48 pm   

Greg's place is perfect for another meeting for sure.
The rules so far are pretty good and i doubt they need a lot of change but if we need to do this before a November CBF meet then Oct it has to be... When in Nov?
Hopefully the guy's heading to Jasper have enough time for prep. Best of luck down south guy's.
Oct is tough for me as i'm frantically winterizing boats, Sunday around noon would be best :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 18th, 2014, 8:59 pm   
Team Member

I really don't know how to get more boats out to race. I do know that it's a tough sell to get the boats out and that's for a number of reasons that have come up to all of us.
Now in saying that it is only two race sites per year as it stands now at least.

As far as rules go. . . I'd say to outlaw anything over 150psi of cranking compression on all boats in Formula and LakeRacer. LakeRacer should reflect the average of the boats that we want to attract. 245-300 HP ( ish ) fast lake boats. Even if a couple others put heads on that still will be less than half of the boats ever entered in the LakeRacer class for us up here. I'd like to see even Ted , Jason and Pat have 100 or so pounds added to their boats to give a bit more of a level playing field for the other regulars that attended this year to hopefully give the crowd and all spectators ( and even the usual internet players ) no idea who will win or place.
I was called an arrogant asshole for trying to add weight to Ted's boat in order to balance the competition in the class but it should happen. I'd like to see the people agree to modify the rules to allow us to see Ken in the final against Jason or AnthonySS against Pat. . . . etc etc.
In all other forms of Motorsports the rules and or combinations are adjusted based on the results to give the very best and equal playing field possibly. It's just the evolution of a class and organization.

You could break it up and have a LakeRacer and a LakeRacer"PRO" but how fun is it to see 3-4 boats in one class of LakeRacer and 3-4 in the other , 2 boats in Outlaw and sadly 3-4 in Formula. ???

150lbs cranking compression no mater what the motor is will equal things back to where they were again and how you'd like to adjust the top half of the field to allow the bottom half a chance will be the challenge.

I personally would like to thank all of you involved that help out and come out to race. It was a great two race weekends that's for sure.

We will be testing for Jasper here in the next few weeks straight with a few things to add and take away.

Thank you all again.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39