It is currently May 10th, 2024, 9:31 am

Any suggestions or things to improve ...

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 26th, 2014, 10:24 am   
Team Member

Erik , if we can get together in the next couple of weeks to discuss I'd really welcome your input and advice.

I think I remember talk of whether of not its ok to allow cash type winnings ( are we allowed as an organization ? ) , tow money ( becomes hard to employ a criteria for that )

To all the racers ----- here's what most all sports do for race winnings . A portion of the entry fee goes to class winnings. What it costs to race at TORC is actually quite cheap vs almost any drag race I enter in my drag car. Would you like to see Prize Money offered ? Trophies ? etc ......
The racers themselves have to decide if they'd like to make choices to try and grow the entries and competition or on the other hand if they'd as a whole like the idea of a club race mentality. ............That choice is yours...........

In order to move forward its nice to know what the current racers would like

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 6:18 pm   
Team Member

No one has any preferences about money if any ?

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 1:58 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Hydroid wrote:
Now is the time to re-engage in Drag sponsorship/promotion, entice US Drag guys to come, understand their barriers(eg: passport), get commitments on their calendar.
Jeff, it seems you have plenty Car/boat drag experience & enthusiasm to build the 2014 season, this thread is great avenue for racers to express their wants, propose alternatives. If interested I can provide race event cost breakdown, and economics(sponsor, entry fees) to be viable. Keep at it, always welcome to reach out to me to bounce stuff...Erik

The drag racing up here is still too brand new too expect too much … It would be nice if there was money to put into the Outlaw Drag class even $1000.oo … $500.oo for 1st, $250.oo for 2nd and $100.oo and for 3rd, leaves $150.oo for 3 cool plaques but if there is no money too bad… The guys that showed up are not in this for the money. At least a cool plaque for 1st, 2nd and 3rd would be nice .

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2014, 9:03 pm   
Team Member

I have a few interested sponsors that I have forwarded to Jason(Himagain).
He may be to overloaded to take this on and follow up on them.

Jay, if this is the case, who else is taking this on?

PM me the contact info or ?

PostPosted: March 21st, 2014, 11:39 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:
Hydroid , great post and thank you.
I only attended the Gravenhurst race and I can remember that their were some rumours of monies etc etc and what happened and the cause of I have no idea as the topic seemed to die out unfortunately rather quickly.
The tow money is always a great way to attract longer distance racers.
In my use of the word issues it was meant as issues and not a finger point what so ever so if there's a reason for some one to think otherwise I'd like to know as to possibly eliminate any confused parties.
It was also evident that there seemed to be some either A: conflicted opinions of what each class could do for themselves or B: a reason to wait to know if a class by itself could gather it's own resources.
TORC is the reason we are all here racing and it must be clear as to what is acceptable and fair to the organization. . . that seemed to be unclear in what I remember.
In no way what so ever was any ill meant by anything I posted what so ever in the above post. I had asked a few questions in the past and some very muddy answers were given and I'm sure it was that way for a very good reason. I was not officially part of anything up until this past year and hope to do the racing even a little bit of good.
The meaning of this entire post is to know what the racers would like to see to make things better or enjoyable for the now and the growth of the sport.
No money has been promised by me or anyone involved that I know of as I yet and there will always be people that want to take shots at other's efforts.
I take this racing way too serious most of the time but I truly love it.

Let's hope for some sort of warmth in the near future.

Cheers :)

Jeff, Im providing following to ensure transparency. Indeed late 2012/early 2013 there was much talk about a sizeable 2013 Drag sponsorship forthcoming from a Drag connection. This went on for months, nothing concrete despite phone calls placed. Finally I called John & Greg early Spring, 2 capable guys I respect for their integrity & getting sh** done; they pursued this, confirmed with a source it would not materialize.
Quickly they both stepped up as Drag/TORC sponsors, we(John, Greg, Jason, I) discussed options, their expectations, tow vs prize money. Consensus was to spread tow $ between several long distance attendees, as greater long term benefit for Drag/TORC to attract racers from US to play in our backyard(Dunnville or Muskoka), build CDA/US Drag relations with Jasper months away. We also agreed prize $$ can have unintended consequences, pit racers to risk what they otherwise would not unless $$'s on the line. There was discussion to spread some $ to a SO/T racer that came from furthest to offset cost.

With few evident US attendees, we could have done better with a more forceful marketing/promotional campaign toward US Drag guys to come up here, whether Muskoka or Dunnville; that's where the sponsorship was to have been best employed.
Now is the time to re-engage in Drag sponsorship/promotion, entice US Drag guys to come, understand their barriers(eg: passport), get commitments on their calendar.
Jeff, it seems you have plenty Car/boat drag experience & enthusiasm to build the 2014 season, this thread is great avenue for racers to express their wants, propose alternatives. If interested I can provide race event cost breakdown, and economics(sponsor, entry fees) to be viable. Keep at it, always welcome to reach out to me to bounce stuff.

Erik

Errrrikkkkkkk check your PM :)

PostPosted: April 14th, 2014, 3:54 pm   
Team Member

Any last idea's that people may have thought of ?

Making a few plans this weekend with a couple of the possible Drag sponsors.

Thank you
Jeff

PostPosted: April 14th, 2014, 7:11 pm   
Team Member

Jeff Yammer wrote:

Thank you
Jeff

Hey Jeff. Did the contacts I forwarded to you work out?

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 9:44 am   
Team Member

Rowboat wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:

Thank you
Jeff

Hey Jeff. Did the contacts I forwarded to you work out?

They were forwarded on . I will follow up on what may have happened. I'll PM you later on as well.