It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:57 am

Gravenhurst 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 9:27 am   
Team Member

Saturday results :

Lake Racer

1- Jeff Williamson / 2000 Allison SS2000
2- Dave Ray / 2002 STV RR
3- Jason Famme / 2011 STV RR
4 through 8 I can't remember.

Outlaw Pro Drag

1- John Archer / 2012 STV ModVP
2- Ed Rybaki / 2002 STV RR
3- Greg Keeling / 1990 Allison MVP
4- Pat Thorneloe / Hydrostream V-King

Sunday results

Lake Racer

1- Ted Biglow / 2000 Allison SS2000
2- Jason Famme / 2011 STV RR
3- Pat Thorneloe / Hydrostream V-King
4 through 8 -----

Outlaw Pro Drag

4- Ted Biglow / 2000 Allison SS2000

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 9:35 am   
Team Member

Huge thanks goes to the whole Northbase family as our drag host pretty much. You cannot get better people what so ever.
Same goes to all that helped put the event on and of course the Kabota ramp workers were amazing.
Jason for all his TORC efforts
And all that showed up to participate

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 9:47 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

tunnelv wrote:
slowboater

i konw its frustrating to sit all day.. i was out helping saturday, its hot and frustrating at times.... i give all the helpers credit for all the hard work, yes there was gaps and delays it can be tightened up, alot of new executive this year so it will only go smoother in the long run. the thundercats and 750s were ran together to speed the day up...if there is not enough for a class and they are beached it wont grow
as far as shirts i bought 4 it helps support the club i never thought about the 20 bucks being expensive i guess it is but its supporting them/ us ...the judges sat out there dehydrating all day maybe some of the club money will buy them a cooler some water and a tent.
to speed the day up. the drivers meeting it shouldnt be so hard to get that saftey boat sheet signed we cant leave till its full and the last two races its never full by the time the meeting is over,me in my rookie year have signed it twice, and my crew has helped alot on the sidelines i think there should be manditory volenteer hours..evenyone has to do it for so many hour per year, other clubs are run this way and it seems to work, thats just one little suggestion that may help speed up the day im sure there is lots

it was a great weekend with great racing, pretty sure in the end everyone had fun i did!!

Well said sir.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 9:56 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Jeff Yammer wrote:
Saturday results :

Lake Racer

Outlaw Pro Drag

Sunday results

Lake Racer

4 through 8 -----

Outlaw Pro Drag

Looks like a good showing! I love to hear about the scramble to get a boat built the night before the race....THAT is what makes the sport great!

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 10:17 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Jeff Yammer wrote:
Saturday results :

Lake Racer

Outlaw Pro Drag

Sunday results

Lake Racer

4 through 8 -----

Outlaw Pro Drag

Very Cool !

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 10:21 am   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
Another fun filled action packed weekend in Gravenhurst... First off a big thank you goes out to the Northbase family for accommodating and feeding a bunch of us. Greg's shop is freggen WoW. Tomcat showed up with his Allison XR and a box of parts, put in Greg's shop and with guys like RBT, Yammer, Greg and P@ helped him get that boat on the water. He put her on the line the next day with out any seat time in the boat what so ever ... He came out smillen and finished the weekend with a bigger smile ...
Northbase has his XR rocken in the Outlaw class with his new 12" set up. All I can I say about Archers Carbon STV is freggen Wow again. Ed R had his Rocket flying too. A couple of the faster Lake racer boats stepped up to run with the big dogs witch which added to which was already a very impressive show. The Lake Racer class was fast and fun with a pretty good turn out of boats. I had a blast running my boat against some of the fastest lake boats in the county . There was no shortage of entertainment through out the evenings, big laughs and great stories, fun bunch of guys and gals .
The racing was fast and fun, the weather was amazing ...
For those of you that did not show up to race, too bad you missed out. Maybe you no show guys can sneak you balls out of your wife's purse for the next event... :mrgreen: Hope to see you there...

That hurts Kenny!!!! :lol:
I had to work Saturday and with my F@cked knee, I'm not even allowed to drive my truck. Not to mention it's my hot foot knee.

But it sounds like it was a blast!

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 11:11 am   
Team Member

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this happen. We had generous hosts and great weather. What more can you ask for?
It’s cool to see the progress of these boats as time goes on. Things are getting pretty quick. I was totally blown away by Dave Rays Rocket. Dude just shows up, throws a loaner prop at it and runs like a BOSS!
Watching the T’s run was a total blast. I don’t think there is a better spectator class. The crowds continually prove what an amazing show they put on. Greg and I had front row seats on Sunday for all the first turn action and it makes you realize just how sloppy the conditions are that these guys have to deal with. It is so impressive to see how hard they are really pushing.
The home base party is always entertaining to say the least. I hope no one was too offended by any of the evening’s content :) I certainly can’t ever erase the image of Kenny’s disco legs mimicking the motions required to be a real Sudbury coal miner lol
There are some REALLY great people in this group and I can’t tell you all how much I really do enjoy it!
My sides still hurt from all the laughs
Thank you

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 11:57 am   
Team Member

Just had to repost this P !!! Hahahaa

The home base party is always entertaining to say the least. I hope no one was too offended by any of the evening’s content I certainly can’t ever erase the image of Kenny’s disco legs mimicking the motions required to be a real Sudbury coal miner lol

Ken is such a great guy and you can't find a man funnier.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 12:15 pm   
Team Member

I'm sitting here still wired from slugging and racing this weekend.
I'd like to put my thoughts in some cohesive manner to articulate just how much fun the weekend was, but there's just too many small events that contributed to a fantastic event.

As previously said, I showed up at Northbase's around 5:00 Friday with an almost completed Xr. Before I knew it, it was all hands on deck, busy hands everywhere. Not only did the boat get completed but set up, fine tuned and given the once, twice over to make sure she was safe and oh ya, a real nice loaner prop.
Thanks, thanks thanks to everyone, I couldn't have done it without you.

Then came Saturday ... No test time due to events beyond our control, Oh oh ...
After consulting with the brain trust it was deemed Ok for me to line up with zero seat time in Lake Racer.
My nutz and my gutz were in a knot and possibly in the same place but I was game. I can't really tell you much about each run except to say that the crowd likely got a good show of disaster control. I thought I'd do a 50% throttle run, guess what, you can still get into trouble there. Nose goes up, nose goes down, too much trim too little trim, too much throttle too little throttle ... I'd say that of the 3200 feet I ran 200 feet was decent, the rest was well, you get the idea.
On the up side, I was in the right place. Controlled environment, safety officials and fellow racers who are not only glad you're there but will do anything to help move the sport along.
Did I embarrass myself? Probably. Do I care? Not a bit. I HAD A BLAST!

For anyone sitting on the fence about Drag or T Boat racing, get off it.
You have the best resource of people and knowledge here or anywhere, take advantage of it.
This sport needs to grow and it won't unless you take the chance.
I did and I'll never look back.
Next is a lot of seat time. Gotta be ready for Dunnville.

Tom M
Lake Racer #22

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 12:22 pm   
Team Member

Tomcat wrote:
I'm sitting here still wired from slugging and racing this weekend.
I'd like to put my thoughts in some cohesive manner to articulate just how much fun the weekend was, but there's just too many small events that contributed to a fantastic event.

As previously said, I showed up at Northbase's around 5:00 Friday with an almost completed Xr. Before I knew it, it was all hands on deck, busy hands everywhere. Not only did the boat get completed but set up, fine tuned and given the once, twice over to make sure she was safe and oh ya, a real nice loaner prop.
Thanks, thanks thanks to everyone, I couldn't have done it without you.

Then came Saturday ... No test time due to events beyond our control, Oh oh ...
After consulting with the brain trust it was deemed Ok for me to line up with zero seat time in Lake Racer.
My nutz and my gutz were in a knot and possibly in the same place but I was game. I can't really tell you much about each run except to say that the crowd likely got a good show of disaster control. I thought I'd do a 50% throttle run, guess what, you can still get into trouble there. Nose goes up, nose goes down, too much trim too little trim, too much throttle too little throttle ... I'd say that of the 3200 feet I ran 200 feet was decent, the rest was well, you get the idea.
On the up side, I was in the right place. Controlled environment, safety officials and fellow racers who are not only glad you're there but will do anything to help move the sport along.
Did I embarrass myself? Probably. Do I care? Not a bit. I HAD A BLAST!

For anyone sitting on the fence about Drag or T Boat racing, get off it.
You have the best resource of people and knowledge here or anywhere, take advantage of it.
This sport needs to grow and it won't unless you take the chance.
I did and I'll never look back.
Next is a lot of seat time. Gotta be ready for Dunnville.

Tom M
Lake Racer #22

:D clap, clap, clap clap....good for you Tom...and well said!!!

T750 Boat #49 - Crew
2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 High Points Champion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next