It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:18 pm

Gravenhurst 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: June 17th, 2013, 10:55 pm   
Team Member

Ill be there for sure! Cant wait!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 10:47 am   
Team Member

Looks like I'll be ready :D
I got my steering all put together and fired up last night for the first time this year.
Just some adjusting and a new water pump and I'm ready to run.
Looking forward to seeing everyone

Thanks Bryan for the new parts!

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 11:00 am   
Team Member

Be great to see you both Pat. ;)

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2013, 10:03 pm   
Team Member

Well well well,

I wanna start off by saying what a great weekend!! Jason, Paul, Jeff, Greg, the girls, and everyone else that showed up and raced, and helped out. It was awesome, a bunch of great people, and tons of fun. Good to meet a few and see a few guys as well. Lets keep this growing.....

Secondly.... I want to apologize to all my fellow racers for having to leave today. I waited as late as I could, I had a very busy afternoon, with my new job, and travel etc. I hope you all still had a good run

Now Thirdly,

We seriously need to sort out the time slots for the races etc. This sport keeps growing and I think we need to accommodate some how, some way.

IMO there is not enough time ever in a day, even when everything is perfect, to run all the classes as planned.

SO what can we do about it?? How can we accommodate everyone, and still have a great time, and all get along? Personally, I dont know the answer. But we need to brainstorm something, somehow.....

One of my thoughts, why are there so many classes of hydros? what is the actual difference from some of the classes? Like I know some come in, change props and run in a different class, what is with this?? what is the point? if your gonna race, set up the class for the best possible race, and run that. For example, all the drags could run with 30 pitch props, then come in and change to the 22 pitch, but what would be the point? correct? so, I know it will be hard, but as we all change with time, maybe that could be a suggestion... Also, I noticed the class with the inflatables running with the T650's? and that older checkmate, what was the point in that race? I know we want to accommodate as many as possible, but we cant just make a class just because, the time on the water is very valuable, as we all know, and should be scheduled very selectively, for what people want to watch, and what the majority want to race as well as who shows up. If not enough people show up for a certain class, well the people in that class should be standing up and making sure there will be enough to have a race, if not, sorry to be blunt but we have others here ready and willing. As said this weekend, combining classes is a great idea, but if those certain classes continue to only have minimal races, they should be eliminated or not run until such time that there are enough racers. Now I dont know all the rules, and Im not here trying to tell how it should be done, Im just putting out some points that Im sure a few noticed this weekend.
Another note. The 9am Racers meeting. Racers meetings are very important, I agree, but do we all have to be there at the 9 am meeting? My thought was, have a basic schedule the week before the races ie: sat AM: hydros, PM: T's, then Drags. Then we could have a 9am meeting and , say, a 12pm meeting for the afternoon racers. The reason being, people get up early, on a weekend, head out for 9am, to sit there all day and do nothing.... again, just a suggestion, and may not be possible withing the rules, but I thought i'd put it out there...

Again I want to say thanks for everyone that ran, helped out, and organized all the stuff so we could race this weekend!! and hopefully we can find a way to accommodate everyone and continue to grow.

PS the T-shirts looked great, but there was no way I was paying $20 each for them.... that should also be discussed

Cheers, hope to see you all at the next one!

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 7:19 am   
Team Member

We were there on Saturday and we were most certainly entertained!!
I am a drag racer at heart but the circle track boys put on a show for all.
I still haven't got my "classes" down yet but the heat with the three hydros crossing the finish side by side was AWESOME!!

I could not believe how many race boats were at this event.
The "T-boats" were rockin'! The hydros were flying. And, the drags were impressive to say the least.
The Outlaw class gets me every time!

I would like to thank all the good folks who put this event on and put all their time into organizing and running the chaos to the best of their ability.

Can't wait for Dunnville!!!!!!!

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 8:54 am   
Team Member

Who is gonna post results.?????

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 9:01 am   
Team Member

I finished last each run but at least I started and finished each run.
Had a great time.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 9:21 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Tomcat wrote:
I finished last each run but at least I started and finished each run.
Had a great time.

Good to hear you made it out and had fun. I'd rather come last (which I do often) and have a great time than be stuck on shore lol. Sounds like it was a good show over all.

Lets see some pictures or results...or anything!!!

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 9:25 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Another fun filled action packed weekend in Gravenhurst... First off a big thank you goes out to the Northbase family for accommodating and feeding a bunch of us. Greg's shop is freggen WoW. Tomcat showed up with his Allison XR and a box of parts, put in Greg's shop and with guys like RBT, Yammer, Greg and P@ helped him get that boat on the water. He put her on the line the next day with out any seat time in the boat what so ever ... He came out smillen and finished the weekend with a bigger smile ...
Northbase has his XR rocken in the Outlaw class with his new 12" set up. All I can I say about Archers Carbon STV is freggen Wow again. Ed R had his Rocket flying too. A couple of the faster Lake racer boats stepped up to run with the big dogs witch which added to which was already a very impressive show. The Lake Racer class was fast and fun with a pretty good turn out of boats. I had a blast running my boat against some of the fastest lake boats in the county . There was no shortage of entertainment through out the evenings, big laughs and great stories, fun bunch of guys and gals .
The racing was fast and fun, the weather was amazing ...
For those of you that did not show up to race, too bad you missed out. Maybe you no show guys can sneak you balls out of your wife's purse for the next event... :mrgreen: Hope to see you there...

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 9:27 am   
Team Member

slowboater

i konw its frustrating to sit all day.. i was out helping saturday, its hot and frustrating at times.... i give all the helpers credit for all the hard work, yes there was gaps and delays it can be tightened up, alot of new executive this year so it will only go smoother in the long run. the thundercats and 750s were ran together to speed the day up...if there is not enough for a class and they are beached it wont grow
as far as shirts i bought 4 it helps support the club i never thought about the 20 bucks being expensive i guess it is but its supporting them/ us ...the judges sat out there dehydrating all day maybe some of the club money will buy them a cooler some water and a tent.
to speed the day up. the drivers meeting it shouldnt be so hard to get that saftey boat sheet signed we cant leave till its full and the last two races its never full by the time the meeting is over,me in my rookie year have signed it twice, and my crew has helped alot on the sidelines i think there should be manditory volenteer hours..evenyone has to do it for so many hour per year, other clubs are run this way and it seems to work, thats just one little suggestion that may help speed up the day im sure there is lots

it was a great weekend with great racing, pretty sure in the end everyone had fun i did!!

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next