It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:41 pm

Gravenhurst 2013

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 12:41 pm   
TORC VP

Gravenhusrt turned out as a great event. Everything that has been said about helping out is bang on. That is the only way this club with grow and keep growing. I was very happy to see the Drag and T guys step up to go out in corner and saftey boats. We were also on the judges stand. Jackie and Steph did all of registration (they don't race and shouldn't be expected to help) I know they both wanted to kill someone after saturday. Big thanks to them. We had some events on Saturday that were out of the control of the exec. We can't get racing started with out knowing what boats we have to work with. It was unfortunate that so many people waited until after 830am to come register. That held us up. We cant put a running order or Classes together untill we know who is confrmed as running and paid. We had a few crashes and the Major accident. The injure casued as delay as the exec had to confer with the medic, police and official. Nothing we can do about that

we cut 3 hours off on sunday and it was smooth...... big thanks to all that helped.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 1:21 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:
Gravenhusrt turned out as a great event. Everything that has been said about helping out is bang on. That is the only way this club with grow and keep growing. I was very happy to see the Drag and T guys step up to go out in corner and saftey boats. We were also on the judges stand. Jackie and Steph did all of registration (they don't race and shouldn't be expected to help) I know they both wanted to kill someone after saturday. Big thanks to them. We had some events on Saturday that were out of the control of the exec. We can't get racing started with out knowing what boats we have to work with. It was unfortunate that so many people waited until after 830am to come register. That held us up. We cant put a running order or Classes together untill we know who is confrmed as running and paid. We had a few crashes and the Major accident. The injure casued as delay as the exec had to confer with the medic, police and official. Nothing we can do about that

we cut 3 hours off on sunday and it was smooth...... big thanks to all that helped.

Just to add so that everyone knows... The driver taken to hospital was from CSH... he returned after being checked out ok a few hours laters. many sore muscles, but was released free of serious injury after xrays and MRI. neck/back injury was the fear so precautions taken.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: June 24th, 2013, 8:34 pm   
Team Member

Thank goodness, that was a little freaky seeing him loaded up.

It was great to see so e of you I've met before and meet a few new faces. I was jealous being on the shore!

Yammer, nice driving! You're launches were impressive.

Tom, you did awesome considering the seat time. You didn't embarrass yourself one bit. You just gave a bit of appreciation for how talented the other drivers really are. One run and you had it buttoned down safely. I'd say you did awesome!

Great show guys,

Bill

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 7:23 am   
Team Member

Perhaps a little off topic, but I was wondering what kind of top speeds the various classes are reaching in the drags?

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 9:37 am   
TORC VP

Hi Tom

We only had 2 of the three possible classes run

Lake Racer and Out law

My lake racer set up is running in the low 90s in 800 feet

the Top outlaw boat is over 100 in 800

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 10:00 am   
Team Member

I ran 89 on Saturday and I'd think with the prop change Ted may have ran 90-91

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 10:08 am   
Team Member

thx Guys - I figured it would be in around there.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 10:20 am   
Team Member

Remember Tom that in any form of drag racing its not the speed you have but how quick you can get to where you need to go. I'm sure I was down on speed in the 800' but it worked for our set up.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39