It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:27 am

ACBS

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 12th, 2013, 10:21 am   
TORC VP

Hi Guys please check out the ACBS link in the CBF fourm. We would like to get some representation to this event. I am not in charge but there maybe a chance to put on an on water demo.... just another chance to run your boats. Hydroid is heading up this event. If you would like to bring your boat down to display or if you would like to participate in any way please contact him. It is very important that we show our intrest as a Class. Who know maybe we can attract some more boats!!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: March 13th, 2013, 12:54 pm   
Team Member

This is a great event for TORC to showcase ALL racing categories.
To be clear, although 'partners' with Antique Classic Boat Society, it should not be lost it's their show and a privilege to participate in their show, their focus is vintage. TORC is limited to 1hour on water, in the morning and afternoon.

In discussion with some Drag drivers over the last week, I envision a strong showing of 15+ Drag boats(Formula, Lake, Outlaw) displayed in the 'Field of Dreams' at TORC booth, among other clases on static display. I have been told Miss Canada IV will be displayed there. Lined up on trailers providing a commanding display of power and shine, Drags will be impressive. The more boats, the greater the impact on public and boating enthusiasts.

I ask Drag to get excited to REPRESENT, get promo material together, a banner, shirts/caps(per Jasper), display solidarity, differentiate & explain classes, show passion, engage the public.
Construct a plan, communication and execute.

ACBS is currently mapping out Field of Dreams real estate allocation. TORC has first choice.
Drag has at least 10boats within 30km GH vicinity. ACBS will not allocate space without a commitment, names, to map out a footprint. There are MANY other competing interests requesting space in the Field of Dreams.
This will be the greatest race boat show in CDA for years.
Who will commit now to bring their boat, participate for DRAG and TORC?

PostPosted: March 13th, 2013, 1:20 pm   
TORC VP

Many of our Drag boats would count as vintage,,,, P@s hydrostream, keelings Allison xr01 and xr02, James Coles Challanger, Talonkids talon 18, I could go on and on.

I am dissapointed that we were excluded from the demo part.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2013, 1:52 pm   
Team Member

Himagain wrote:

I am dissapointed that we were excluded from the demo part.

Don't be so sure.
Reps involved with the ACBS show and the MC IV resto approached me over 6 months ago about doing some demo passes. They wanted to make sure there was sufficient space in front of the main area. I'll be in touch with them today.
FYI, I'll commit to have 3 Allisons there.
:mrgreen: