It is currently May 9th, 2024, 12:02 am

Brand New VooDoo & Critchfeild

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 3:31 pm   
Team Member

Got a Brand new 2012 hydrostream voodoo light layup all best stuff no rigging not a hole drill in $2000 obo
Also 2012 Critchfeild light lay up no rigging some finshing require on both $1500 firm
I want them gone by the fall
905 775 0862 Paul

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 6:18 pm   
Team Member

Voodoo is sold!!
Thank's HPBC

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 4th, 2012, 10:09 am   
Team Member

Paul if no one else steps up to buy the Critchfield I will take it. I can use it as the design plug for our first GT30 boat.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 10th, 2012, 10:33 am   
Team Member

Paul, is the VooDoo going to race T?
As for the new Critchfield. If no body wants it. I will pay for it this week and pick it up weekend after next.
Come on T guys. STEP UP!

PostPosted: September 11th, 2012, 12:16 pm   
Team Member

OK the boat has been sold. YES, I got it. Thanks Paul. It will be ideal for the GT30 project. This boat was built very light. Approximately 160 to 170 lbs. TOO Light to be a safe T boat especially in the water conditions T run it. We took a major set back this year in the development of the GT30 class. That class is for 30 hp motors and has a starting age of 14. We view the GT30 class as a excellent beginners class for those wanting to get into T racing.
I hope to modify this boat into our first GT30 boat.
And yes Erik, I will be the test pilot as usual. I have not blown a boat over backwards in a few years and you really have to run these GT30s on the wild edge to get 55 mph.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2012, 12:27 pm   
Team Member

Don,
Can you make a separate thread in the project section for this? It would be very cool to see what you are planning to do! Are you gonna shorten it then? Maybe the europeans will be buying molds from us soon!!?? :)

PostPosted: September 11th, 2012, 12:48 pm   
Team Member

Dave, I will do a new thread once I get the project going.
As for the plan. I have a lot of ideas as usual. I welcome input from others.
Here are some thoughts.
I may shorten the boat. The minimum length is under 12 feet. But, based on my experience with VooDoos where I found the 13 was just as fast as the 11 footer with the same horsepower. I may rework the bottom, lower the sides and reposition the deck so the driver sits much farther back.
Their hulls are bat wing and most have no pad, just a straight V. They keep the nose sharp and get lift more towards the back of the hull. Plus they don't put any built in set back in the hull like we see in Allisons and STVs. I think a lower deck, built in set back and a multi width running pad is a better idea.
Your going to sit very low in my boat. I like the way they have a protective arch behind the driver. I will have both that and added side protection as well. The boat will have a inner strong box like a tunnel.
Still thinking!

PostPosted: September 11th, 2012, 2:58 pm   
Team Member

Cool!...the project, design/build development, test pilot( didn't NASA initially use monkeys??)!...reminiscent of Avro Arrow CDN ingenuity. This must be recorded for posterity.
At 50+mph, will GT30 run with T750's as each class develops #'s?

PostPosted: September 11th, 2012, 3:49 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Cool!...the project, design/build development, test pilot( didn't NASA initially use monkeys??)!...reminiscent of Avro Arrow CDN ingenuity. This must be recorded for posterity.
At 50+mph, will GT30 run with T750's as each class develops #'s?

YEP, the GT30 and T750 would run together until we get good boat counts. T850 is big now and getting bigger. For others interested in GT30, you DO NOT need to wait for my boat. A Mini VooDoo is a legal boat in GT30 and you can build your own boat as well. Just remember it has to be a composite boat and it must be a V bottom. In the early 70's racers used to cut the bottom off of longer hulls and build 12 foot V bottom raceboats. There are lots of old hulls around for FREE. Before this particular boat became available I was looking for an early 70's Checkmate 15 footer. They were GREAT hulls and make a good starting point.
One thing I always liked in Stock Outboard was the ability to build and race your own boat. To-days world is all about composites and CNC machines, You can still build your own boat. You just use composite material instead of wood.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2012, 11:39 am   

And yes Erik, I will be the test pilot as usual. I have not blown a boat over backwards in a few years and you really have to run these GT30s on the wild edge to get 55 mph.[/quote]

??a few years eh? :lol: how many boats have you blown over?

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph