View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 28th, 2016, 3:56 pm   
Team Member

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorb ... nFlag=true

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 28th, 2016, 7:28 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Delta copy? or other other way around? I don't know the history of these things but that really looks like a Delta

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: April 28th, 2016, 7:38 pm   
Team Member

I just spoke to the gentleman< it's 14' long and it does have a Delta deck or vice versa. He had it for 11 years and never had it in the water. If it would of been 15' long, I would of been going for a ride in the morning.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2016, 8:22 pm   
Team Member

sharpeye Mike wrote:
I just spoke to the gentleman< it's 14' long and it does have a Delta deck or vice versa. He had it for 11 years and never had it in the water. If it would of been 15' long, I would of been going for a ride in the morning.

The 14ft was called an Excalibur.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 7:10 am   
Team Member

Being an old boat you don't know how many repairs it has had in its life. By the clamp bracket marks on the transom the last motor was likely a Mercury. The original race boat would have been very light. The carpet shows it was used later as a lake runner and the boat has gained weight. The side pods were an old Glaspar G3 idea. The boat looks straight. Could be made into a nice T boat, but you would need to remove the deck and redo the hull. I would remove the side pods.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 8:16 am   
Team Member

I believed the carpet was installed after he installed the new floor and transom. The guy had it for 11 years and never had it in the water, just a resto that got put aside, I'm sure you guys know how that happens. It also comes with the trailer but needs tires and lights. I think it's not a bad deal at all. I know if it would of been 15' long I would be racing down this morning for a closer look. Was there someone on this site that was looking for a Delta to restore? Seems to me that this would be the next best thing.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 11:25 am   

Hounddog wrote:
Being an old boat you don't know how many repairs it has had in its life. By the clamp bracket marks on the transom the last motor was likely a Mercury. The original race boat would have been very light. The carpet shows it was used later as a lake runner and the boat has gained weight. The side pods were an old Glaspar G3 idea. The boat looks straight. Could be made into a nice T boat, but you would need to remove the deck and redo the hull. I would remove the side pods.

The side pods are weird lol, what would you do to it? Redo all the wood in it as well or just blueprint the bottom? It looks like it would be a nice boat all done up

PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 1:13 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

What pods??? Am I missing something?? It looks like a big delta to me...which IMO would be an animal of a T850 boat...Big but not too big.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 1:29 pm   
Team Member

I am not 100 percent sure but those G3 side pods were not part of the mold. They were add ons. The FV celled boat that races in the Twin Lakes Assoc. could be the same hull. I would check the repairs to see how good they were done. It would be a nice boat when completed. The question is....is it worth the time and effort? It has to be a labour of love because just like the fellow that owns it now....he has put a lot of time and money into that boat for what it is worth. The good news is all the work done could be well done and you only need to finish it.
I would go see it! It is a very good hull and rare.
Just looked at the picture of the boat on a larger screen. There are not side pods. It is just light or paint.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 1:34 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
I am not 100 percent sure but those G3 side pods were not part of the mold. They were add ons. The FV celled boat that races in the Twin Lakes Assoc. could be the same hull. I would check the repairs to see how good they were done. It would be a nice boat when completed. The question is....is it worth the time and effort? It has to be a labour of love because just like the fellow that owns it now....he has put a lot of time and money into that boat for what it is worth. The good news is all the work done could be well done and you only need to finish it.
I would go see it! It is a very good hull and rare.
Just looked at the picture of the boat on a larger screen. There are not side pods. It is just light or paint.

Ya...shadow I think lol. You had wondering if my eyes were going.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...