It is currently May 1st, 2024, 9:16 pm

t-750 Prop

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 8:50 am   
Team Member

Jake, I do think the 12 x 22 Mercury prop or 12 x 21, 22 or 23 OMC will work. You can get the large SST 60 12.5 to 13 inch props at good prices and have them reworked down to 12 inch by a good prop guy like Jeff Titus. You can always cut props down and repitch. Another option is to get a Ron Hill prop. Good value and he makes them thick so you can rework them. You borrow every prop you can and test. Dave with his Allison found out what I keep telling racers. YOU CAN SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON THE POWER HEAD TO GAIN 1 MPH. FIND THE RIGHT PROP AND DO THE RIGHT SET-UP AND YOU GAIN 5 MPH! Your right about racers not selling their props. They will let you try them. Once you get the right one. Record the specs and make a pattern on cardboard of the blade. Your prop guy can do the rest.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 9:05 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
Jake, I do think the 12 x 22 Mercury prop or 12 x 21, 22 or 23 OMC will work. You can get the large SST 60 12.5 to 13 inch props at good prices and have them reworked down to 12 inch by a good prop guy like Jeff Titus. You can always cut props down and repitch. Another option is to get a Ron Hill prop. Good value and he makes them thick so you can rework them. You borrow every prop you can and test. Dave with his Allison found out what I keep telling racers. YOU CAN SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON THE POWER HEAD TO GAIN 1 MPH. FIND THE RIGHT PROP AND DO THE RIGHT SET-UP AND YOU GAIN 5 MPH! Your right about racers not selling their props. They will let you try them. Once you get the right one. Record the specs and make a pattern on cardboard of the blade. Your prop guy can do the rest.

I've got an 11x22 merc cleaver that you can try...I may even consider selling it lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 10:13 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:

I gained .5mph with a slightly dinged 12x23. The 11.25x23 has extra cupping and carries the bow a bit better, but not as fast. The 12x23 also accelerates better, but I don't think I have found the right prop yet!! ... I'm gonna keep trying props now! :)

PostPosted: June 17th, 2012, 11:44 pm   
Team Member

well, without a doubt a 'good' prop is important to make a boat run better. But their is no question that a prop is essential to make a boat run at all! So my situation still exists: i need a prop.
If it isn't the perfect prop that's okay then, because it can be modified as Don says. I just need to get the word out that i need a prop for a racer. And it's a girl.