It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 5:48 am

12" X 23" or 22" T850 prop

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2013, 10:44 am   
Team Member

Looking for 3 cylinder OMC T850 prop 12" X 23" or 22" over or through hub be acceptable

Call Wayne 416-409-8692

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 23rd, 2013, 1:28 pm   
Team Member

If your playing with set up and lake cruising buy a RON HILL prop off ebay.
If your serious call Jeff Titus in Florida at Performance Propeller.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2013, 1:35 pm   
Team Member

Thanks for your feedback on both the trim and the Prop info PS just curious who is Hound Dog are you on Six Mile

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2013, 1:48 pm   
Team Member

Flyer wrote:
Thanks for your feedback on both the trim and the Prop info PS just curious who is Hound Dog are you on Six Mile

Who his Hounddog? The godfather of T knowledge and history! :lol:

Don I let you take it from here! Couldn't resist :mrgreen:

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2013, 4:39 pm   
Team Member

Flyer wrote:

Hounddog is just an old racer that started racing in the early sixties. I am not on Six Mile. I am the mentor for T Class. I and most of the T Group will help you with information.
Don

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2013, 4:59 pm   
Team Member

OK Don I figured it out we talked at Dunville I had my son with me there, we have the open deck design Critch

PostPosted: September 26th, 2013, 10:33 am   
Team Member

Ron Hill had a 12 x 22 thru hub for $175.00 on ebay. It was for a yamaha. but you ask for an OMC insert instead. The OMC insert fits OMC, Yamaha and Mercury. This is the same prop he sells for $319.00. It is all about timing.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2013, 11:43 am   
Team Member

Thanks I just bought it

PostPosted: October 28th, 2013, 9:16 am   
Team Member

Hound Dog FYI I did manage to pick up a couple of props off of Ron Hill and I am looking forward to trying them next season, thanks for the advice.

Hey talking to Jake on the weekend and he mention you might be interested in some Yamaha 50 parts, I have a complete PRO 50 power head, I bought for the Mid and Trim its a 1990 has some minor scoring maybe 0.010" on a couple of cylinders (took off the solenoids for the trim unit) other than that it is complete.

It could easily be a rebuild, lots of parts, starter Carbs, ignition units, ect. all very clean I am pretty sure this is a very low hour motor, I am asking for $150 or trade for some OMC 49er parts please let me know if this is of any interest.

PostPosted: October 28th, 2013, 9:53 am   
Team Member

About the Pro 50 yamaha. Do you know if the crank is good? That is the key part. Normally the crank is ruined on most engine failures with that model. As for 49 omc parts, I have lots. I would love to see your boat return to racing and I bet Mark would as well. We can get to-gether in the spring. Post the props [sizes] you got from Ron. There is a lot of interest in his props especially the thru hub Signature cleavers with the insert. I have a reworked 22 x 12 which Dave and Jake are testing. I took all the cup [wedge] out of it. I did that after seeing Jakes Delta run at Dunnville. The T750 motors do not have a lot of power. The wedge in the prop lifts the stern. That takes power away from the motor. Jake's boat didn't need stern lift. He has ample lift in the set up of the boat. So I hope the prop works. It could work on Erik's VooDoo and Doc VooDoo. This type of prop normal works well in and out of the corner. That prop has an insert that works of OMC. Mercury, Yamaha and Tohatsu. REMEMBER TEST EVERY PROP YOU CAN! What doesn't work on one boat can be perfect on another. There is 2 to 3 mph difference in props. The prop provides more performance gain than any engine improvement.